(Topic ID: 139582)

Stern, please make more Star Trek Premiums.

By pinball_erie

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by clarksonrj
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Speaking as an LE owner, I really hope more premiums are made.

Would it hurt my resale value? Possibly.

But in my opinion, this is a great game that should be shared with as many people as possible.

#52 4 years ago

I actually prefer the pro and don't feel like I am giving up anything. It has a great look, great light show, and 100% of the gameplay. I don't like the tacked on junk on the premium and don't feel like you need every insert a color changer. Having such a solid pro made ST the top seller it was/is.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

But in my opinion, this is a great game that should be shared with as many people as possible.

Agreed. I think it's great that they're two years in to production and still selling out.

#54 4 years ago

I agree with this thread totally.....I am looking for a nib ST premium and have been for a couple months. Come on Stern, answer the bell, a pro will not cut it in my book.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Rocky-Apollo:

Others
Yes LASER klingdom
light Warp ramp and Apron

Oh yea forgot about the apron. Gotta have that for double scoring!

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I actually prefer the pro and don't feel like I am giving up anything.

Oh comon now. Read the posts above. You give up a lot. STLE is arguably the best LE ever made by Stern.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Oh comon now. Read the posts above. You give up a lot. STLE is arguably the best LE ever made by Stern.

That's what makes GOT LE a bit of a disappointment.

Ritchie LE's are still the best, but Star Trek just has that extra magic in it that AC/DC and GOT doesn't have.

I think the argument could be made that Star Trek Premium is Stern's best premium they have ever made.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ritchie LE's are still the best, but Star Trek just has that extra magic in it that AC/DC and GOT doesn't have.
I think the argument could be made that Star Trek Premium is Stern's best premium they have ever made.

I still remember the first time I played a STLE. I was blown the fk away. It was so gorgeous and fun to play. I never actually thought I'd actually get one. Maybe the problem was I played the LE way before the pro so by the time I played the pro I was like meh..

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Speaking as an LE owner, I really hope more premiums are made.
Would it hurt my resale value? Possibly.

Not a problem here in NZ, a ST prem now costs 1k more than the LE did

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

STLE had almost the same push back on them when the were released as GOT LE people didnt like that art. playfield was too bland ect.. Then people played them, and BOOM sales exploded

Will we see the same again.. I think so but will see

#61 4 years ago

I bought a premium but the only reason i did was i liked the candy apple red hardware and art package on the premium cabinet, swapped my trans-light out to Aurich's... game play from the pro is exactly the same... the lasers are cool but other than wow factor for guests the first time they play it I am not sure it is really worth it...

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

STLE had almost the same push back on them when the were released as GOT LE people didnt like that art. playfield was too bland ect.. Then people played them, and BOOM sales exploded
Will we see the same again.. I think so but will see

When I first saw the pictures of GOT LE, I was like "meh". Since then, the art has started to grow on me. Especially since it's all hand drawn and not photoshopped.

The short video clips have been nice to see, but I'm dying to see that game in action.

When Star Trek was first announced, I thought the LE was a beautiful looking game. Once I had enough money saved up, I went and bought it. It wasn't until a few months after I bought the game that I discovered this site, when I was googling strategies on how to play the game.

Full disclosure: I have a GOT LE on order from JJ.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i disagree. i think st is one of those u can get away with the pro without losing a lot. unless ur a huge fan of baked potatoes, then you have to get the premium and buy my aftermarket mods, with bacon bits and/or sour cream.

I love the “baked potatoes” on my Premium!

In fact, that’s why I specifically chose it over a Pro. The flashers inside them, as well as the additional RGB playfield and apron lighting; laser; VUK; kickback; fire button; Warp ramp chase lights; better animated Vengeance; backbox flashers; wireform ball returns; powder coated trim and legs, better lock down bar, and Vengeance cabinet art were all just icing on the cake.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think the argument could be made that Star Trek Premium is Stern's best premium they have ever made

Sorry But my Opinion on that is Met Premium is !!!
Only to be made even Better that they are doing a Roadcase With the Extra Speaker panel art .. Yeah you will still need a Pro Translite if you get the Old Man One . But easy to change out

#65 4 years ago

For OP, hot off the press. Better jump on it. This one has some pretty sweet mods. Love the pop caps!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-huo-star-trek-le-nicely-modded-blue-dmd

1 month later
#66 4 years ago

+1 for another Star Trek Premium run! Stern, make sure to send a few to the Pinball Refinery guys...

3 months later
#67 3 years ago

Count me in for another run of the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside