(Topic ID: 139582)

Stern, please make more Star Trek Premiums.

By pinball_erie

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by clarksonrj
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

I have contacted 2 distributors and they are all out with no word if more will be made. I have scraped and saved for months to get this and they're all gone apparently. Any distributors here with any NIB??

#2 8 years ago

Start calling

http://www.sternpinball.com/find-a-retailer/?zip=&state=&country=United+States

I'd start with

Game Exchange of Colorado 303-893-4300
CoinTaker.com 570-847-6366

Looks like Automated has one listed on ebay... try calling them for the best deal

ebay.com link: STAR TREK VENGEANCE Premium Pinball Machine by STERN IN STOCK BRAND NEW

Automated Services www.pinballs.com 203-877-0348

#3 8 years ago

Hey, thanks. I had no idea there were so many !!

#4 8 years ago

Have you called Trent at Tilt Amusements yet?

#5 8 years ago

I tried picking one up from JJ at Game Exchange and he's sold out as well. Apparently he asked if they were going to be making more and their response was "Focus on selling our latest release instead."

#6 8 years ago

Automated still has them…just not a fan of their prices.

I prefer to deal with JJ.

#7 8 years ago

Automated was $1300 more than JJ. Trent is all out as well

#8 8 years ago

I've called quite a few distros, pretty much all gone

#9 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure Joystix in Houston has a few.

#10 8 years ago

Yes Stern Please Make More!

JJ

#11 8 years ago

JJ has spoken..........drops mic.............walks off stage..........

#12 8 years ago

I got one of the last available from Melissa @ cointaker in early August. She had just gotten a couple from Stern, and the build date was April 2015. Rest assured, if Stern see's demand, they'll make more.

#13 8 years ago

Another vote for making more. Was holding out because was seeing quite a few around and just noticed they are nowhere unless you are willing to 8K with shipping.

#14 8 years ago

Stern if you are listening please make more.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

I tried picking one up from JJ at Game Exchange and he's sold out as well. Apparently he asked if they were going to be making more and their response was "Focus on selling our latest release instead."

Interesting response... ignores the fact that the customer was asking specifically for ST, nothing else.

#16 8 years ago

Don't make more.....I want my LE to gain in price Just my opinion

#17 8 years ago

They made more metallicas so there is hope they will make more ST as well.

#18 8 years ago

You can come over and play my le anytime.

#19 8 years ago

I picked up a fresh ST Prem from Cointaker back in August.
It was born at the end of July.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from smidog:

You can come over and play my le anytime.

In all my spare time......

Hockey season started and my sons on 2 teams this year, both of which I'm coaching.

#21 8 years ago

I got a response from Stern, there are no plans as of now to make any more.

#22 8 years ago

Are you dead set on a premium or would you consider a pro? I have put a lot of play on both pros and premiums and find the upgrades in the premium to not be particularly worth the difference in price.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Interesting response... ignores the fact that the customer was asking specifically for ST, nothing else.

Interesting sales approach huh? "Convince them to buy what we have. Not what they want." As if this was a nimbly wimbly purchase decision to begin with.

#26 8 years ago

Trent at Tilt Amusements had a NIB ST Premium as of a month ago. email is: [email protected]

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Are you dead set on a premium or would you consider a pro? I have put a lot of play on both pros and premiums and find the upgrades in the premium to not be particularly worth the difference in price.

For clarification, I down voted because I think there is a big enough difference between the pro and premium, to justify the premium.

The LE is in a class of its own, but IMO, the premium is equivalent to many other Stern LE's.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Trent at Tilt Amusements had a NIB ST Premium as of a month ago. email is: [email protected]

Quoted from pinball_erie:

Trent is all out as well

#29 8 years ago

you are correct - Trent is out - I confirmed via txt with him about 2 minutes ago

#30 8 years ago

Post a WTB add and see if you get any bites. If that doesn't pan out then you may want to consider a Pro of which you can upgrade to a Prem down the road if more are made (kind of like what several Met owners wound up doing). Outside of the light shows there isn't a huge difference in game play (like some other sterns out there) but that light show is pretty freaking cool so it's probably worth the extra if you can afford it.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

For clarification, I down voted because I think there is a big enough difference between the pro and premium, to justify the premium.
The LE is in a class of its own, but IMO, the premium is equivalent to many other Stern LE's.

I agree that the LE is in a class of it's own with all of the additional trim options--but don't you think that the left outlane kickback and the ability to rescue your ball is enough of a difference to go for the Premium over that of the Pro?

#32 8 years ago

I agree that the LE is in a class of it's own with all of the additional trim options--but don't you think that the left outlane kickback and the ability to rescue your ball is enough of a difference to go for the Premium over that of the Pro?

That feature is in the pro as well. It's a virtual kickback to where the ball just gets kicked back out into the shooter lane and is auto plunged. I actually wish that feature could be turned off. With the pro, it's easy enough to keep the ball out of the left outlane and having the kickback feels like cheating. On the prem/le it's a bit harder as you don't have the rubber post there.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That feature is in the pro as well. It's a virtual kickback to where the ball just gets kicked back out into the shooter lane and is auto plunged. I actually wish that feature could be turned off. With the pro, it's easy enough to keep the ball out of the left outlane and having the kickback feels like cheating. On the prem/le it's a bit harder as you don't have the rubber post there.

OT but on the le if the ball misses the kicker, or the kicker is off time, there should be a virtual ball save IMO

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

I got a response from Stern, there are no plans as of now to make any more.

They said that about Met Premium, too - that's back on the line. Stern has the ST license thru the end of next year, so - ya never know.

#35 8 years ago

What about this one that popped up yesterday?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/25263

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Oh wow. I didn't realize that.

#37 8 years ago

I wanted a Premium when I was ready to buy about two months ago. My local distributor called Stern and they said they may make more in September but were not sure at that time and were sold out at that point.

So it was Pro or nothing. I got the Pro and love it. The extra light show would have been sweet, but the lower price was an easier sell to my wife.

#38 8 years ago

Mine is available (see three posts up). Will ship.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

He's all out.

#40 8 years ago

The reasons why I would choose premium over pro (full disclosure, I own the LE)

1 - the Vegence. The ship crashing is pretty cool.

2 - the light show.

3 - better art and trim.

4 - real kickback, not a simulated one.

5 - up kicker and metal wire ramps instead of plastic.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They said that about Met Premium, too - that's back on the line. Stern has the ST license thru the end of next year, so - ya never know.

Star Trek 3 comes out next summer...could they always tie a new run of premiums with the movie release?

From what I have read, the pin seems to be a popular seller. After all, they are still making the pro model a whole 2 years after it was introduced.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The reasons why I would choose premium over pro (full disclosure, I own the LE)
1 - the Vegence. The ship crashing is pretty cool.
2 - the light show.
3 - better art and trim.
4 - real kickback, not a simulated one.
5 - up kicker and metal wire ramps instead of plastic.

VUK is way better too, and.....

FREAKIN LASERS!!!!!!

#43 8 years ago

ST pro is a great game, but it's not even close to as cool as the premium or better yet the LE. The added bling is integrated so well. It's definitely worth getting the better version. You'll be kicking yourself later if you go pro.

#44 8 years ago

I see ST number 1 fan has been here

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Star Trek 3 comes out next summer...could they always tie a new run of premiums with the movie release?
From what I have read, the pin seems to be a popular seller. After all, they are still making the pro model a whole 2 years after it was introduced.

Oooh. New Premium artwork package to tie into the new movie??

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I see ST number 1 fan has been here

Best pin ever son

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

ST pro is a great game, but it's not even close to as cool as the premium or better yet the LE. The added bling is integrated so well. It's definitely worth getting the better version. You'll be kicking yourself later if you go pro.

i disagree. i think st is one of those u can get away with the pro without losing a lot. unless ur a huge fan of baked potatoes, then you have to get the premium and buy my aftermarket mods, with bacon bits and/or sour cream.

#48 8 years ago

I see it sort of like this...you can play ironman stock...or you can play ironman with a shaker, invisiglass, and blaring external sub. Two completely different games. Both are great, but the umph! a shaker and external sub adds to that game puts it on a whole other level.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

VUK is way better too, and.....
FREAKIN LASERS!!!!!!

Yes, I forgot about the lasers.

I don't want to make it sound like the pro is bad, I just think the premium and LE are special with this game.

#50 8 years ago

Others

Yes LASER klingdom

light Warp ramp and Apron

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-please-make-more-star-trek-premiums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.