100%

(72 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
7F57429F-2894-4ABC-947D-23DD08B049FF (resized).jpeg
38E4BCB0-BE07-4689-BEE4-59EC44AA0420 (resized).jpeg
35128E0F-F342-48AF-9671-7B51EBEBB29B (resized).jpeg
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Some of us, like myself, were not in the hobby during the last run. At the current market prices I would rather just purchase a brand new one.

I don't need many major changes to the pro, lighted ramps would be great and the drop targets.

Let's see how many people would buy a vault if available.

#2 5 years ago

Just do it.

#3 5 years ago

It would be nice if they could at least do a small run like Iron Man Vault.

#4 5 years ago

I would buy one, lighter ramps for sure

#5 5 years ago

I'd like to see one more like IMVE - ie about normal pro price. Spiderman Vault was too rich for my blood...

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'd like to see one more like IMVE - ie about normal pro price. Spiderman Vault was too rich for my blood...

If they included the drop targets and lighted ramps then I would be ok with Spiderman Vault pricing. If they keep it like the stock original Tron Pro then I think IMVE pricing makes more sense.

#7 5 years ago

This has been the #1 requested VE for years. I'm starting to think that if it hasn't happened by now, might not ever happen. Never say never though, if the demand is there there's always a chance.

#8 5 years ago

I’d even pay for a preorder!

#9 5 years ago

Lets get the petition to 100!

#10 5 years ago

This is free money for Stern. There must be an issue with the license. I got tired of hoping and overpaid for a NIB three years ago.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from dri:

This is free money for Stern. There must be an issue with the license. I got tired of hoping and overpaid for a NIB three years ago.

Now we are past overpaying for a NIB, we get to overpay for one that has been used, played a lot and pass around between multiple owners. I agree there must be a license issue.

#12 5 years ago

Just like LOTR....... no dice on this vault either.

#13 5 years ago

I waited for a TRONVE for months myself, and with the announcement of Star Trek Vault I threw in the towel and found the best TRON I could to buy used. Disney's licensing gauntlet must have reared it's head again (see Stern Star Wars), especially since they've canned a TRON 3 movie......

Had mine now since June, and love every minute I've spent with it!! Don't wait and hope, get what you want and enjoy!!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Now we are past overpaying for a NIB, we get to overpay for one that has been used, played a lot and pass around between multiple owners. I agree there must be a license issue.

Yep, my guess is the average Tron Pro that pops up on the market has had multiple prior owners and played many thousands of times...

Stern has always under ran Tron. Each run from the first one on has always been less than the demand. Tron has also made a ridiculous amount of money for the modding community.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I waited for a TRONVE for months myself, and with the announcement of Star Trek Vault I threw in the towel and found the best one I could to buy used. Disney's licensing gauntlet must have reared it's head again (see Stern Star Wars), especially since they've canned a TRON 3 movie......
Had mine now since June, and love every minute I've spent with it!! Don't wait and hope, get what you want and enjoy!!

I guess I just view HUO different than most. The current market prices are tough to swallow for a pin that's been passed between 2 or 3 owners and had thousands of plays on it. The price has just crept up too high for a used pin.

#16 5 years ago

I guess I just view HUO different than most. The current market prices are tough to swallow for a pin that's been passed between 2 or 3 owners and had thousands of plays on it. The price has just crept up too high for a used pin.

Yeah, felt the same way. I bought mine LOADED with all the mods (basically everything on the list you could buy for the pin plus ColorDMD & shaker). Buying the mods separately would have been over $2500, some of the mods are no longer made, and knowing me I was going to mod it out myself either way. If you keep in mind most of the $6-7K TRONs and the costs of those mods if you plan on doing them yourself that $6-7K is easier to swallow.....

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Yeah, felt the same way. I bought mine LOADED with all the mods (basically everything on the list you could buy for the pin plus ColorDMD & shaker). Buying the mods separately would have been over $2500, some of the mods are no longer made, and knowing me I was going to mod it out myself either way. If you keep in mind most of the $6-7K TRONs and the costs of those mods if you plan on doing them yourself that $6-7K is easier to swallow.....

I agree about the mods. But but this isn't like someone selling their 1 owner HUO Iron Maiden, Deadpool or GOTG. Tron Pros are all 5 to 7 years old at this point and most I see have been passed around a lot, or the seller just doesn't mention it because it would be a negative. Thousands of plays over 7 years at home or on location makes no difference, plays are still plays. The cab would be more beat up on location though.

#18 5 years ago

I agree about the mods. But but this isn't like someone selling their 1 owner HUO Iron Maiden, Deadpool or GOTG. Tron Pros are all 5 to 7 years old at this point and most I see have been passed around a lot, or the seller just doesn't mention it because it would be a negative. Thousands of plays over 7 years at home or on location makes no difference, plays are still plays. The cab would be more beat up on location though.

All valid points.....but the same can be said for any pin that over time has appreciated over it's original MSRP.

I hope Stern does make it, as there are many like you who want one!!

#19 5 years ago

I’m in...every time this post comes up. Still in.

#20 5 years ago

I don't need many major changes to the pro, lighted ramps would be great and the drop targets.

"I don't need major changes to the pro, just make it an LE" -- the only thing you left out was the wiggling recognizer.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

"I don't need major changes to the pro, just make it an LE" -- the only thing you left out was the wiggling recognizer.

...and the LE Daft Punk music!

#22 5 years ago

If they redo Tron they really should do it with hand drawn art on the Spike 2 platform. Same layout, music, call outs and rules - including Daft Punk MB - and of course, lighted ramps and a 3D translite. And really use the enhancements of the Spike OS to brighten up the game and give some punch to the sound package.

So in essence, not really a vault.

Trons look so old and dark, why would we want a dead nuts remake of this antiquated game? Or ANY other old technology game? I’m shocked if they really command the asking prices we see on Pinside. If Stern was smart, they’d make one new version, charge $6,800 for it, and sell a BOATLOAD. I’d buy it.

And we’d never have to suffer through another $7k Tron Pro for sale ad again.

#23 5 years ago

I'm in... LE, VE, whatever.

If you build it, I will come.

Wait, that didn't come out right...

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If they redo Tron they really should do it with hand drawn art on the Spike 2 platform. Same layout, music, call outs and rules - including Daft Punk MB - and of course, lighted ramps and a 3D translite. And really use the enhancements of the Spike OS to brighten up the game and give some punch to the sound package.
So in essence, not really a vault.
Trons look so old and dark, why would we want a dead nuts remake of this antiquated game? Or ANY other old technology game? I’m shocked if they really command the asking prices we see on Pinside. If Stern was smart, they’d make one new version, charge $6,800 for it, and sell a BOATLOAD. I’d buy it.
And we’d never have to suffer through another $7k Tron Pro for sale ad again.

You may be in but I'm out. Spike is a major negative for me.

#26 5 years ago

Another Bmore guy in in in in!!!!

#27 5 years ago

If they do it, I'd imagine it will be like SM VE. All new art and DMD animations.

#28 5 years ago

The cost to convert the code / system to Spike is likely prohibitive. It’s too bad because Tron in stereo would be awesome.

I’m sure they could sell $6500 MSRP Tron Pros as vault all day. I got one NIB in the last run, but sold it to fund my home’s down payment. I miss it pretty bad.

#29 5 years ago

I’d sell my modded 1st run TRON tomorrow if there was anyone interested for less than what Stern would sell it for...

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

You may be in but I'm out. Spike is a major negative for me.

I’m critical of Spike too, but I also love these modern game’s. I don’t want to support bad R&D if Stern has delivered a problematic turd, but isn’t the jury still out on that?

I just bought a HUO Star Wars that never had an issue and is fun as hell. The light show, music, theme integration and LCD are mesmerizing. I’ll sell it in 3 years or less. If I have to replace a board, I’ll be bummed, but I’ll do it.

I’m not going all in on Stern NIB, but I’ll take a chance on one Spike game in my rotation. The modernity in these games is exhilarating.

And a vault Tron with a DMD is just a big yawn now.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m critical of Spike too, but I also love these modern game’s. I don’t want to support bad R&D if Stern has delivered a problematic turd, but isn’t the jury still out on that?
I just bought a HUO Star Wars that never had an issue and is fun as hell. The light show, music, theme integration and LCD are mesmerizing. I’ll sell it in 3 years or less. If I have to replace a board, I’ll be bummed, but I’ll do it.
I’m not going all in on Stern NIB, but I’ll take a chance on one Spike game in my rotation. The modernity in these games is exhilarating.
And a vault Tron with a DMD is just a big yawn now.

I am admittedly being risk averse with spike. Part of it is where I am (new zealand) and guys here are taking a good sized hit selling almost any new title. If I had to pay for a node board or god forbid a cpu it just makes it even worse if/when I sell something. I do want a tron but I don't want it bad enough to get a spike version. Different for you guys in the states I would be a bit more relaxed if I was there.

#32 5 years ago

forget tron - I'm hoping stern does a vault of Star Trek!

I guess it doesn't hurt to dream....

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I’d even pay for a preorder!

Still haven't learned your lesson yet huh?

#36 5 years ago

Not sure I understand the 5 to 7 years old been passed around thing. Most Trons I have seen are in beautiful condition, heavily modded and really play well. Some games sit in collections and get very little play. I have several examples of that in my own collection. For example, my LOTR LE maybe has 300 plays on it and I bought it NIB years ago.

Some of the games, I own, that have been "passed around" , I am really proud of. I have a Dr Who that is a reimport that once I cleaned up (Nicotine all over it) is a really great example. Plays great and gets a lot of compliments when pinball visitors are over.

Sometimes new isn't better. You can have play field manufacture problems for example. A 7 year old game in this hobby, that has been well taken care of is just broken in. A new Tron may come in at more money then people are willing to pay ( see SMVE).

If you want a Tron, they can be found in excellent shape for 6K.

#37 5 years ago

I'll bet anything that Stern will price it like a premium when/if they run it. There is no way that they aren't looking at price trends and seeing dollar signs.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Not sure I understand the 5 to 7 years old been passed around thing. Most Trons I have seen are in beautiful condition, heavily modded and really play well. Some games sit in collections and get very little play. I have several examples of that in my pwn collection. For example my LOTR LE maybe has 300 plays on it and I bought it NIB years ago.
Some of the games, I own, that have been "passed around" , I am really proud of. I have a Dr Who that is a reimport that once I cleaned up (Nicotine all over it) is a really great example. Plays great and gets a lot of compliments when pinball visitors are over.
Sometimes new isn't better. You can have play field manufacture problems for example. A 7 year old game in this hobby, that has been well taken care of is just broken in. A new Tron may come in at more money then people are willing to pay see SMVE).

Well said.

#39 5 years ago

Don't think its happening. Stern certainly knows the demand but has produced many other valuts instead. It must not be cost productive or issues with Disney.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

7K from what I am currently seeing, anyone selling an excellent shape one for 6K send me a PM please.

#41 5 years ago

Disney Worlds 50th Anniversary will be 2021, They will also have the Tron Rollercoaster done in the Magic Kingdom by that time... It wouldn't surprise me if a TRON VE was slated for 2021.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Not sure I understand the 5 to 7 years old been passed around thing. Most Trons I have seen are in beautiful condition, heavily modded and really play well. Some games sit in collections and get very little play. I have several examples of that in my own collection. For example, my LOTR LE maybe has 300 plays on it and I bought it NIB years ago.
Sometimes new isn't better. You can have play field manufacture problems for example. A 7 year old game in this hobby, that has been well taken care of is just broken in. A new Tron may come in at more money then people are willing to pay ( see SMVE).

I agree every pin is different, some really have low plays others don't. Just in relation to the current pricing it doesn't seem like a very good deal to pick up a Tron, most are at 7k. I just look at my MET and we don't even play it excessively and in a year I know we have way more than 300 plays, probably over 1k plays are logged, I'll have to check. So if in 1 year we can log 1k plays just think how many plays are on a 5 to 7 year old pin that's been passed around a few times. Buying HUO is fine with me, but at the current prices it just isn't for me.

Iron Man Vault is a good example. I think only 300 were produced? Sold at 6k new and now they sell HUO between $4500 and $4900.
Supply and demand of Iron Man seems to be about right. Tron could definitely use another vault run of a few hundred.

#43 5 years ago

agree that there must be a reason why they can't do this as I hear people ask for it alot.

#44 5 years ago

I have a nice, low play Tron LE that I would sale. Second owner. PM me if interested. $9750.

#45 5 years ago

I wouldnt buy one, but I'm sure lots of guys would - Stern should definitely make this happen, 'print money' so to speak

#46 5 years ago

Would the community ever buy a Tron Vault that was a reskin of a pro for 6-7k (maybe, but doubt it)?

Has Stern ever made a vault of an LE? nope

No Tron premiums were made, so how do they cross that line? Can't, or the LE market dies (their biggest cash cow)....a unique "is what it is" title.

#47 5 years ago

Nice poll.

#49 5 years ago

Stern has a “War Chest” that will probably take the TRON table and re-skin it with a new theme.

#50 5 years ago

If they do a 1982 version that should have been done in the first place i'm definitely in

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Trade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-please-make-a-tron-vault-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.