By Brian541

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Just finished a ghosted spiderman vault complete playfield swap today.First I would just like to say thanks to Colorado game exchange and stern for stepping up to the plate on exchanging this out.I just wanted to post this to hopefully help others in store for the same job and possibly give stern a little constructive criticism.This was the first time I have"gone this deep"on a newer stern and apprehensively started pulling apart my factory fresh game.Would have been nice if stern had included some type of documentation,Step list,Whatever to at least fill in the gaps so to speak for first timers.Taking pics and taking note as I proceeded I got the old playfield removed with all the harnesses,So far so good.Set the new playfield in and started to thread all the new harnesses.Thats when I noticed the ac harness was not included with the new and was missing the plastic protector making it required to cut apart the old harness to grab the needed stuff.If stern would have simply shipped these with the ac harness included the whole thing including the protector could have been left intact and made it much easier overall.Finally got it all done,Have to give credit to the wiring guys at stern for the way they tuck all those harnesses when they come from the factory,Mine will never be that nice again but functional nonetheless.The only other thing I wanted to mention was the time limit of 10 days to return the old playfield,I felt a little more rushed than necessary,Maybe a 30 day return limit would be better.Hope that helps and merry christmas!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-playfield-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.