IMG_5379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5376 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_1140_27808 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7773593_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7773593_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_1469 (resized).jpg
IMG_7023 (resized).jpeg
20230503_131640 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago

Looking for one in the Buffalo NY area!

4 weeks later
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Jesus, only nearly 20 years late.
Heavily underrated pin, my #2 behind IMDN.
So… don’t see an owners thread, but recently joined the Stern Playboy club after playing one on location and falling in love with the action/flow; such a fun-simple shooter and knew I had to get one. Ended up getting a really nice one off a pinside wanted ad here, and some may easily recognize which one, due to all the legendary custom work on it. Things in MINT condition and one of the prettiest pins I’ve ever seen.
However, didn’t really like the 3D female anime mods, but liked the idea and decided on putting some flexible realistic mods in instead. Never thought I’d be assembling together dolls and dressing them lmao but it’s been fun being creative. As for vibes, going for suggestive/provocative, while showing no tits and bits (gotta play pinball for that!)
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"84fa791595b98342fa58f3aa2e19ed11fcb5cf47-1633277181-1800"};
//]]>

To do this yourself, search flexible 1/6 (topper) or 1/12 (under glass) dolls on Amazon. HiPlay and Phicen seem to be the two main manufactures. Just be prepared, it’s a bitch to dress and pose and adhere these things, as one of these three always goes wrong when you’re addressing one of the other two.
But, the main point of starting an owners thread… got some issues I need help with.
1) The magazine on skill shot doesn’t stay open; should it? It flips o/c constantly throughout the active ball
2) The PB I played in bar had peek-a-boo nice and dark, couldn’t see shitc unless activated. On my pin, it’s always half lit and visible; solutions?
That’s about it - fantastic pin!!!
Cheers!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent

2 weeks later
#10 2 years ago

The newest Playboy club member is... Me!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#11 2 years ago

A little info on my pick up...undocumented
HUO. I'm now the 3rd owner. It's in near perfect shape with no playfield wear!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#13 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Looks great. Mine looks very similar with just a small hint of wear (like a scratch) on the shooter lane. I put a piece of mylar over it so no further damage since no cliffy is available. The only issue I had was with a micro switch at the the drop screen. If you ever hear that step motor continue to run when its up check those switches.

Thanks! Have you tried cliffys universal shooter lane protector for sterns? I have one on the way. I'll report back on fitment.
Have you done anything to improve the sound quality of the whitestar system? Mine sounds like a am radio

#16 2 years ago

Is anyone getting rejects when shooting the grotto under a hard shot? I don't see anything that would be causing this. The one way gate seems to open fine.

2 months later
#20 2 years ago

Color DMD

3CCCB948-7EAF-4BE9-BBDE-2E06EE11269C (resized).jpeg3CCCB948-7EAF-4BE9-BBDE-2E06EE11269C (resized).jpegECFE9735-BF6A-45BD-A7B4-8EA3844742E9 (resized).jpegECFE9735-BF6A-45BD-A7B4-8EA3844742E9 (resized).jpeg
#21 2 years ago

A nice touch I must say

2EAEB334-E508-4E2E-A9A5-B0AC4D96D48E (resized).jpeg2EAEB334-E508-4E2E-A9A5-B0AC4D96D48E (resized).jpegC91674AA-E808-44BD-8B62-2BE2C4A3302C (resized).jpegC91674AA-E808-44BD-8B62-2BE2C4A3302C (resized).jpegDBBF385C-0AF3-4285-947F-B07188F299B6 (resized).jpegDBBF385C-0AF3-4285-947F-B07188F299B6 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#23 2 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Made some playboy speaker panel decals to cover that boring black board. Regular or adult version.
$35 plus postage if any of you want one.[quoted image][quoted image]

Have these been trail fitted ? Doesn’t look like the bunnies on the bottom will fit before the panel angles out .

53501E6F-1DDD-4CCB-82F9-4DA4B10FB6C6 (resized).jpeg53501E6F-1DDD-4CCB-82F9-4DA4B10FB6C6 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Beldar:

mollyspub I really like your side art blades. Did you make them? Or did you find them somewhere to purchase?

Thank you! They were custom made.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Beldar:

mollyspub what brand is your color DMD?

Brand? Isn’t ColorDMD the only one in town?

4 months later
#33 1 year ago

3B663DED-1BDD-4653-ADB2-9194C91A06A0 (resized).jpeg3B663DED-1BDD-4653-ADB2-9194C91A06A0 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#36 1 year ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Are you able to answer my question, above?
Anyone!?

Let me check this weekend .

5 months later
#40 1 year ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Are you still alive?

Did you ever find a answer to this ? I forgot all about it !

2 weeks later
#47 11 months ago

Anyone else get crazy air balls with a direct hit to the drop target? What’s the fix?

#49 11 months ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Yes, I made an airball protector for mine.

How? Pics?

#51 11 months ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

I did this probbaly close to 5 years ago now and its held up really well. I just cut a piece of cheap picture frame plastic and used the existing posts to secure it.
[quoted image]

Great! Thank you . They should have done this from the factory. I actually try and avoid hitting it straight on and don’t even bother during pajama party!

#55 11 months ago

For now but, problem solved!

IMG_7023 (resized).jpegIMG_7023 (resized).jpeg
#56 11 months ago

Reporting back after a nite of playing with the protector installed. It’s makes a huge difference! Airballs are a thing of the past.
It’s especially noticeable on pajama party multiball!
I will be attempting to make a proper looking guard . I’ll post with results.

4 months later
#67 6 months ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Just did a trough test and all switches and registering correctly. I’m kinda stumped.

What code are you running?

4 months later
#84 71 days ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Still having trouble tracking down this issue. If anyone has any suggestions of history to offer.

Ever figure this out?

1 week later
#85 63 days ago

I’ve asked this question before with no response. I’m getting rejections from a hard shot to the grotto. I removed the one way gate which I thought was the problem but it seems the wire gate in front of it is causing the concern. I’ve attempted to tweek it but there’s only so much you can do with it. Any ideas?

#87 62 days ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

I've seen the one way gate get stuck in the up position so when the ball hits the up post it'll bounce back down the Grotto lane. You'd definitely notice if it wasn't making it past the wire gate as the ball wouldn't make it very far up the lane. Either bend the gate more to make sure its freely swinging or replace with a new one. Not much else there could be going on in that area to allow rejects.

So after a few games tonight with the gate removed, I’m still getting rejects. It appears that the ball is hitting the ball guide towards the top where it bends.. not sure the gate would direct it smoothly. Needless to say I’ll be reinstalling it. This hasn’t occurred on your game ?

1 month later
#90 8 days ago

Speaker panel decal

IMG_2559 (resized).jpegIMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richmond, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-playboy-owners-thread-only-enter-if-youre-as-old-as-the-pin?tu=mollyspub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.