0FF85885-92ED-4ACF-886A-444A09B57246 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
94AFDD05-7CCE-4474-8D08-8D30D941D6D4 (resized).jpeg
C982499D-F51D-4113-82CF-1FAD7C5B17BD (resized).jpeg
42B0DDD7-094A-4011-8F9F-9D449260AC29 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 88 days ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Its definitely the fan favorite in my collection of pins and arcades. Easy shooter with a bunch of cheesy toys. It'll be one of the last to go if I ever decide to get out of the hobby.

Agreed. It wouldn't be good for the only pin in a collection but if you have multiple it works very well. Mine is bolted to the floor.

#4 88 days ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Jesus, only nearly 20 years late.
Heavily underrated pin, my #2 behind IMDN.
So… don’t see an owners thread, but recently joined the Stern Playboy club after playing one on location and falling in love with the action/flow; such a fun-simple shooter and knew I had to get one. Ended up getting a really nice one off a pinside wanted ad here, and some may easily recognize which one, due to all the legendary custom work on it. Things in MINT condition and one of the prettiest pins I’ve ever seen.
However, didn’t really like the 3D female anime mods, but liked the idea and decided on putting some flexible realistic mods in instead. Never thought I’d be assembling together dolls and dressing them lmao but it’s been fun being creative. As for vibes, going for suggestive/provocative, while showing no tits and bits (gotta play pinball for that!)
To do this yourself, search flexible 1/6 (topper) or 1/12 (under glass) dolls on Amazon. HiPlay and Phicen seem to be the two main manufactures. Just be prepared, it’s a bitch to dress and pose and adhere these things, as one of these three always goes wrong when you’re addressing one of the other two.
But, the main point of starting an owners thread… got some issues I need help with.
1) The magazine on skill shot doesn’t stay open; should it? It flips o/c constantly throughout the active ball
2) The PB I played in bar had peek-a-boo nice and dark, couldn’t see shitc unless activated. On my pin, it’s always half lit and visible; solutions?
That’s about it - fantastic pin!!!
Cheers!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1). Yes it should stay open for the entire ball I believe. Mine does. 2). I wonder if a bulb is stuck on? It should be dark until the ball hits it and registers.

FYI....I'm using the same translite. I see you took off the explicit version. It looks to work well with the LED backboard he had in it. Also, Voodoo glass did wonders for the centerfold....it was really washed out when opening from the glare....

#7 88 days ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

I think they’re might be an led behind it; will need to dig into both issues it seems.
Ya the led backlight does work well with the alt translite, but some of the leds are flickering/burnt out so just ordered a new custom one yesterday, specifically for this translite.
It’s my only pin without hd anti-glare glass; is voodoo glass similar? Never heard of it. Cheers

Yes. they sell it at Cointaker. Its probably the most inexpensive one but depends on delivery cost of course. There are many opinions on which is best and such. I like the Voodoo.... Good performance to price ratio.

1 month later
#12 35 days ago

Looks great. Mine looks very similar with just a small hint of wear (like a scratch) on the shooter lane. I put a piece of mylar over it so no further damage since no cliffy is available. The only issue I had was with a micro switch at the the drop screen. If you ever hear that step motor continue to run when its up check those switches.

#15 34 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thanks! Have you tried cliffys universal shooter lane protector for sterns? I have one on the way. I'll report back on fitment.
Have you done anything to improve the sound quality of the whitestar system? Mine sounds like a am radio

I have not tried the universal cliffy but that would be great if you can report back on that. I left the sound alone so far. Certainly not that great but I don't find it that terrible (for what it is). My biggest issue is noise from the LED backbox lights I installed. Lots of hum and noise through the speakers. I'm wondering if I can do something to lower this hum a bit. During gameplay its fine but when sitting in attract mode its obnoxious.

3 weeks later
#19 13 days ago
Quoted from Beldar:

I’m well older than my 2002 Playboy and even a 1978 Playboy that my neighbor owns. My Playboy pin is my second pin and I was able to get it NIB.
I haven’t messed with the back box lighting but would love to have the translite lit by LED’s. I did change out all of the playfield lights to LED’s and couldn’t be happier with the change it made in appearance from the original incandescent bulbs.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really like the interactive backbox LED boards that are available from a few modders. Highly recommended.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside