IMG_5379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5376 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_1140_27808 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7773593_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7773593_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_1469 (resized).jpg
IMG_7023 (resized).jpeg
20230503_131640 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chickenscratch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Jesus, only nearly 20 years late.

Heavily underrated pin, my #2 behind IMDN.

So… don’t see an owners thread, but recently joined the Stern Playboy club after playing one on location and falling in love with the action/flow; such a fun-simple shooter and knew I had to get one. Ended up getting a really nice one off a pinside wanted ad here, and some may easily recognize which one, due to all the legendary custom work on it. Things in MINT condition and one of the prettiest pins I’ve ever seen.

However, didn’t really like the 3D female anime mods, but liked the idea and decided on putting some flexible realistic mods in instead. Never thought I’d be assembling together dolls and dressing them lmao but it’s been fun being creative. As for vibes, going for suggestive/provocative, while showing no tits and bits (gotta play pinball for that!)

To do this yourself, search flexible 1/6 (topper) or 1/12 (under glass) dolls on Amazon. HiPlay and Phicen seem to be the two main manufactures. Just be prepared, it’s a bitch to dress and pose and adhere these things, as one of these three always goes wrong when you’re addressing one of the other two.

But, the main point of starting an owners thread… got some issues I need help with.

1) The magazine on skill shot doesn’t stay open; should it? It flips o/c constantly throughout the active ball

2) The PB I played in bar had peek-a-boo nice and dark, couldn’t see shitc unless activated. On my pin, it’s always half lit and visible; solutions?

That’s about it - fantastic pin!!!

Cheers!

42B0DDD7-094A-4011-8F9F-9D449260AC29 (resized).jpeg42B0DDD7-094A-4011-8F9F-9D449260AC29 (resized).jpeg94AFDD05-7CCE-4474-8D08-8D30D941D6D4 (resized).jpeg94AFDD05-7CCE-4474-8D08-8D30D941D6D4 (resized).jpegC982499D-F51D-4113-82CF-1FAD7C5B17BD (resized).jpegC982499D-F51D-4113-82CF-1FAD7C5B17BD (resized).jpeg
#6 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

1). Yes it should stay open for the entire ball I believe. Mine does. 2). I wonder if a bulb is stuck on? It should be dark until the ball hits it and registers.
FYI....I'm using the same translite. I see you took off the explicit version. It looks to work well with the LED backboard he had in it. Also, Voodoo glass did wonders for the centerfold....it was really washed out when opening from the glare....

I think they’re might be an led behind it; will need to dig into both issues it seems.

Ya the led backlight does work well with the alt translite, but some of the leds are flickering/burnt out so just ordered a new custom one yesterday, specifically for this translite.

It’s my only pin without hd anti-glare glass; is voodoo glass similar? Never heard of it. Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Richmond, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chickenscratch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-playboy-owners-thread-only-enter-if-youre-as-old-as-the-pin?tu=chickenscratch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.