Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
94AFDD05-7CCE-4474-8D08-8D30D941D6D4 (resized).jpeg
C982499D-F51D-4113-82CF-1FAD7C5B17BD (resized).jpeg
42B0DDD7-094A-4011-8F9F-9D449260AC29 (resized).jpeg

#1 51 days ago

Jesus, only nearly 20 years late.

Heavily underrated pin, my #2 behind IMDN.

So… don’t see an owners thread, but recently joined the Stern Playboy club after playing one on location and falling in love with the action/flow; such a fun-simple shooter and knew I had to get one. Ended up getting a really nice one off a pinside wanted ad here, and some may easily recognize which one, due to all the legendary custom work on it. Things in MINT condition and one of the prettiest pins I’ve ever seen.

However, didn’t really like the 3D female anime mods, but liked the idea and decided on putting some flexible realistic mods in instead. Never thought I’d be assembling together dolls and dressing them lmao but it’s been fun being creative. As for vibes, going for suggestive/provocative, while showing no tits and bits (gotta play pinball for that!)

To do this yourself, search flexible 1/6 (topper) or 1/12 (under glass) dolls on Amazon. HiPlay and Phicen seem to be the two main manufactures. Just be prepared, it’s a bitch to dress and pose and adhere these things, as one of these three always goes wrong when you’re addressing one of the other two.

But, the main point of starting an owners thread… got some issues I need help with.

1) The magazine on skill shot doesn’t stay open; should it? It flips o/c constantly throughout the active ball

2) The PB I played in bar had peek-a-boo nice and dark, couldn’t see shitc unless activated. On my pin, it’s always half lit and visible; solutions?

That’s about it - fantastic pin!!!

Cheers!

42B0DDD7-094A-4011-8F9F-9D449260AC29 (resized).jpeg94AFDD05-7CCE-4474-8D08-8D30D941D6D4 (resized).jpegC982499D-F51D-4113-82CF-1FAD7C5B17BD (resized).jpeg
#2 50 days ago

Its definitely the fan favorite in my collection of pins and arcades. Easy shooter with a bunch of cheesy toys. It'll be one of the last to go if I ever decide to get out of the hobby.

Edited to answer your questions:
Yes the magazine should stay open. Do you have leds behind the Peek A Boo picture? If so you may have to swap them out for non-ghosting leds.

#3 50 days ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Its definitely the fan favorite in my collection of pins and arcades. Easy shooter with a bunch of cheesy toys. It'll be one of the last to go if I ever decide to get out of the hobby.

Agreed. It wouldn't be good for the only pin in a collection but if you have multiple it works very well. Mine is bolted to the floor.

#4 50 days ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

So… don’t see an owners thread, but recently joined the Stern Playboy club after playing one on location and falling in love with the action/flow; such a fun-simple shooter and knew I had to get one. Ended up getting a really nice one off a pinside wanted ad here, and some may easily recognize which one, due to all the legendary custom work on it. Things in MINT condition and one of the prettiest pins I’ve ever seen.
However, didn’t really like the 3D female anime mods, but liked the idea and decided on putting some flexible realistic mods in instead. Never thought I’d be assembling together dolls and dressing them lmao but it’s been fun being creative. As for vibes, going for suggestive/provocative, while showing no tits and bits (gotta play pinball for that!)
To do this yourself, search flexible 1/6 (topper) or 1/12 (under glass) dolls on Amazon. HiPlay and Phicen seem to be the two main manufactures. Just be prepared, it’s a bitch to dress and pose and adhere these things, as one of these three always goes wrong when you’re addressing one of the other two.
But, the main point of starting an owners thread… got some issues I need help with.
1) The magazine on skill shot doesn’t stay open; should it? It flips o/c constantly throughout the active ball
2) The PB I played in bar had peek-a-boo nice and dark, couldn’t see shitc unless activated. On my pin, it’s always half lit and visible; solutions?
Cheers!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1). Yes it should stay open for the entire ball I believe. Mine does. 2). I wonder if a bulb is stuck on? It should be dark until the ball hits it and registers.

FYI....I'm using the same translite. I see you took off the explicit version. It looks to work well with the LED backboard he had in it. Also, Voodoo glass did wonders for the centerfold....it was really washed out when opening from the glare....

#5 50 days ago

I played this many times, it was in our office at Heighway Pinball. We were working on our own Playboy pinball game at the time (designed by Barry Oursler). Thankfully, the project didn't make it beyond my hard drive.....it was bloody awful.

Stern's game is ok fun I suppose, with some interesting shots. And who doesn't like looking at titties

More titties in pinball is what I say.

#6 50 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

1). Yes it should stay open for the entire ball I believe. Mine does. 2). I wonder if a bulb is stuck on? It should be dark until the ball hits it and registers.
FYI....I'm using the same translite. I see you took off the explicit version. It looks to work well with the LED backboard he had in it. Also, Voodoo glass did wonders for the centerfold....it was really washed out when opening from the glare....

I think they’re might be an led behind it; will need to dig into both issues it seems.

Ya the led backlight does work well with the alt translite, but some of the leds are flickering/burnt out so just ordered a new custom one yesterday, specifically for this translite.

It’s my only pin without hd anti-glare glass; is voodoo glass similar? Never heard of it. Cheers

#7 50 days ago

I think they’re might be an led behind it; will need to dig into both issues it seems.
Ya the led backlight does work well with the alt translite, but some of the leds are flickering/burnt out so just ordered a new custom one yesterday, specifically for this translite.
It’s my only pin without hd anti-glare glass; is voodoo glass similar? Never heard of it. Cheers

Yes. they sell it at Cointaker. Its probably the most inexpensive one but depends on delivery cost of course. There are many opinions on which is best and such. I like the Voodoo.... Good performance to price ratio.

#8 46 days ago

Looking for one in the Buffalo NY area!

4 weeks later
#9 18 days ago

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"84fa791595b98342fa58f3aa2e19ed11fcb5cf47-1633277181-1800"};
//]]>

Cheers!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent

2 weeks later
#10 10 hours ago

The newest Playboy club member is... Me!

image (resized).jpeg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside