• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
Stern_Playboy_02_Chromed_Magazine_Bracket_and_Custom_Image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

The magazine won't stay open. just flips open and closes. sometimes it doesn't get open all of the way. What needs to be replaced to make it stay open on the skill shot. the post will rise, just not stay there.

#2 8 years ago

The pages must be stuck together...

#3 8 years ago

I had such a problem with the magazine when I shopped one. I adjusted and tweaked as many ways as I could think of and it just would never run smoothly. It would open fine, but when it went to close, it would bind up. The end solution was to turn the mech off in the open position and just eliminate the movement, but obviously that wouldn't be acceptable to some. Good luck, and post again if you get it to work.

#4 8 years ago

I've owned two of this title and have helped friends work on theirs.

Haven't had the issue of the magazine not opening, however, I have experienced it not closing smoothly.

The not closing issue was due to having Mike Chestnut chrome the assemblies. Was easy to hog out the holes again...

I highly recommend the getting the brackets chromed. I believe it was $50 + $10 shipping.

Updated the magazine cover while it was apart too!

Stern_Playboy_02_Chromed_Magazine_Bracket_and_Custom_Image.jpgStern_Playboy_02_Chromed_Magazine_Bracket_and_Custom_Image.jpg

#5 8 years ago

Who's the hottie on the cover? Can i get that same cover?

#6 8 years ago

I don't find a manual for the game online, so I can't confirm this. Does is use a flipper coil with power and hold windings to flip it up? If so, something's likely wrong with the hold winder or driver.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Who's the hottie on the cover? Can i get that same cover?

My reply is missing.

I said that I can probably get you a signed cover... I know that particular hottie pretty well.

See you on Sunday the 30th for the flips tournament?

#8 8 years ago

Also, I have one spare magazine bracket that has been chromed by Chestnut.

If you have a bracket with patina and are looking to do the only thing that will prevent that, pm me and you can have it for what I have into it.

Brian

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from brettybluevein:

I had such a problem with the magazine when I shopped one. I adjusted and tweaked as many ways as I could think of and it just would never run smoothly. It would open fine, but when it went to close, it would bind up. The end solution was to turn the mech off in the open position and just eliminate the movement, but obviously that wouldn't be acceptable to some. Good luck, and post again if you get it to work.

Are you talking about the fold out centerfold on the center ramp?....because I think the op is talking about the mech on the right by the shooter lane.

As for the centerfold mech....yeah, it's really touchy. I had some issues when I would work with it and it usually amounted to just taking it apart and putting it back again and it would be fine.

8 months later
#10 7 years ago

What I'm trying to find out is when you hit the skill shot, does the magazine cover stay open for a while. Mine doesn't even get the cover open sometimes because the coil releases so fast. Here is diagram from the manual.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#11 7 years ago

It stays open.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Richmond, KY
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-playboy-magazine-opening and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.