(Topic ID: 102917)

Stern planning to market 6 new machines in the next 15 months?

By luckymoey

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Crrispy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

news-reject-cool2.jpg
    band-image.jpg
    Iron Maiden - Killers -x.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere yet so thought I'd post this qoute from their Director of Marketing and Licensing.

"The Walking Dead pinball is one of six machines Stern Pinball has planned through 2015," Dankberg said.

If they are including the revamped ACDC pro and IMV, then this would point to 3 more games beyond TWD. Hopefully it will be 3 new machines, but more likely 2 plus another Stern remake. Doubt they are including MMR.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/9/6123717/the-walking-dead-is-getting-a-real-pinball-machine-it-uses-a-crossbow

#2 6 years ago

AC/DC, Metallica, Star Trek, IMv, Mustang, TWD

#3 6 years ago

Maybe, but the article was just published so including games that have been for sale for a long time would really be marketing spin.

#4 6 years ago

It does not seem like a good business decision with the market being so flooded with high priced games right now. Its a great time for new collectors to get into the hobby though. Lots of nice HUO games are going up for sale for the owners to make room for the new offerings. And the prices of the used games do not seem to be going up lockstep with the new ones.

#6 6 years ago

I would assume they are also referring to the Vault Editions and upgrades, like the ones to AD/DC and MET

#7 6 years ago

Also don't forget that they are building Medieval Madness Remake, and Whoa Nellie.

#8 6 years ago

I doubt that they produce 250 to 350 pins per day, perhaps per week.

#9 6 years ago

MMr, TWD, Muppets, TRONve, Jaws and Aerosmith. Of these, am most excited about the last one. How about you?

#10 6 years ago

GAME. OF. THRONES.

15 million viewers. 25 million books sold.

What's to think about? Winter is coming...time to make the damn GoT pinball machine!

#11 6 years ago

Aerosmith would be legit!

#12 6 years ago

If they would do another rock band, my vote would be for Iron Maiden!
    The artwork would be killer...

Iron Maiden - Killers -x.jpg

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

GAME. OF. THRONES.
    15 million viewers. 25 million books sold.
    What's to think about? Winter is coming...time to make the damn GoT pinball machine!

Can't wait until someone does the south park theme song replacement on that one.

#14 6 years ago

6 new game
    6 rereleases
    6 games built for other companies

If the factory is churning out games then it is good

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

MMr, TWD, Muppets, TRONve, Jaws and Aerosmith. Of these, am most excited about the last one. How about you?

Bought MMRLE, Skipping TWD although I like horror movies and zombies are a cool theme and all I've never even watched the show..., likely Skipping Muppets but the theme has a ton of potential and would be a no brainer family pin that would also likely be a good earning on location pin, I just finally got a chance to play Tron in Disney just 2 weeks ago so the game is certainly on my list so with that said and I know it will happen at some point Buying TronVE when it's out, unlikely to be produced but without a doubt Buying JAWS !!! if that ever happens, Likely to be built Aerosmith will eventually be produced Depends, but as space is a premium unlikely buying and probably skipping, although I like them as a band and just saw them in July, as far as music pins go I would much rather have that space for either The Beatles Pin or Led Zeppelin Pin / my ultimate wish list TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS Pin.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I just finally got a chance to play Tron in Disney just 2 weeks ago

Do they still have that kick ass IJ:TPA in the Bazaar across from the Jungle Cruise with the bamboo legs & rails? Last time we were there it wasn't on

#17 6 years ago

That's right mrclean: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. That would be my ultimate music pin. Woodstock would be second.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from hanford29:

Woodstock would be second.

You thought LOTR & SM were long games!

#19 6 years ago

I'd love to see these guys in a pinball machine...

band-image.jpg

Or this... This would be epic!

news-reject-cool2.jpg

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from LunaStone:

Do they still have that kick ass IJ:TPA in the Bazaar across from the Jungle Cruise with the bamboo legs & rails? Last time we were there it wasn't on

I thought that was Disney Land ? I was at Disney World in Orlando Florida... I must say Disney Quest was an abomination. They didn't maintain the games well at all... at least when I went, almost unplayable.

Quoted from hanford29:

That's right mrclean: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. That would be my ultimate music pin. Woodstock would be second.

I would give Stern my money as soon as I found out.. I just saw Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers on Wed. night at MSG in NYC... WOW He still puts on a great show ! I've seen him lots and lots of times and he never disappoints an acoustic "Yer so bad" was the highlight for me.

THIS WASN'T MY VIDEO.. BUT This was epic...

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I thought that was Disney Land ? I was at Disney World in Orlando Florida... I must say Disney Quest was an abomination. They didn't maintain the games well at all... at least when I went, almost unplayable.

Ooooo. I just assumed you were at Disneyland. I know they just redid their "arcade" in Tomorrowland at Disneyland, but IDK if there are any pins there. The Pinball Location App I have only shows Cyclone. I highly doubt they have that one. I know they had POTC before the refurbishment. I would assume they'd put it back in, but who knows. I'll find out in March though! LOL

#22 6 years ago

Seems their AC/DC licence expires 12/31, so....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 289.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 20.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.95
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Other
    Trumpanche Mods
    $ 12.50
    Various Novelties
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RobTune

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside