Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jagaho11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I just acquired a Stern POTC never played this game until now but you can be playing a ball and it will spit out another ball in the middle of the current ball you are playing I know when you have a ball locked in the fort you should get another ball it is like doing the same thing even when you do not have a ball locked in fort since I have only played this POTC not sure what is right or wrong?????

#2 4 years ago

It certainly shouldn’t be adding balls randomly. Can you say what you did (shots you made, etc) just before the ball was added?

When you sink a ship, you get a 2 ball multi ball to fight the cracken. Could that be one of the cases?

#3 4 years ago

Not really sure when because when it spit you out another ball if you shoot it in to playfield right away before that ball going down the drain it spits another ball out and it will pretty much keep giving another ball. I went in an reset to factory settings did not help but it does not always do this sometimes you just get one ball. Have sunk ship but never been able to shot the ball in while ship is down it does not stay down very long not sure even if that is right or wrong

#4 4 years ago

I would test with the glass off. Start a game. Plunge the ball, then pick it up. Manually trigger switches, see if a particular one kicks out another ball.

Also go into switch test mode and make sure the trough switches are working properly. If the game thinks there is an extra ball in the trough it does weird things.

And make sure you have the right number of balls, I think PotC takes four.

#5 4 years ago

At the right side of the ball trough is an opto board with the right-most position opto and the JAM opto and they are prone to cold solder joints and misalignment so you could check that for false triggers and such.

#6 4 years ago

Well you guys have gave me at least a starting point. Will try these two things should help narrow down what is going on any others would be welcome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 218.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pirates-of-the-caribbean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.