(Topic ID: 151099)

Stern Pins Vs Williams

By GPS

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Thetriumphofdeath_(resized).jpg
    The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights_by_Bosch_High_Resolution_(1)_(resized).jpg
    blade-runner-700_(resized).jpg
    The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights_by_Bosch_High_Resolution_2_o_o_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    WP_20151226_17_51_28_Pro_(resized).jpg
    starship_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Williams have more mechanisms and gadgets, and more elaborate playfields and theme integration. (Modern) Sterns have deeper rules. People can argue about things like flow and build quality but physical complexity vs software complexity are the starkest differences.

Yep. All I'd add to this is the software complexity usually appeals to more serious players. More casual players typically appreciate simplicity. I also find the B/W titles to have more humor and better theme integration. STTNG in particular, has awesome theme integration. STLE not so great. I've owned both, and STTNG is still in my collection. I just think it's a better overall package...I wasn't a fan of the STLE rules.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

The play field is poorly designed with a lot of wasted space. Cannons rarely work properly.

False on both. A Steve Ritchie classic. May not be perfect, but "CLUNKIER" than IJ? No way...

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

You must be amazing if you can get to acdc encore, valinor and super hero regularly. Seriously.

That's for sure For LOTR, I have to imagine WJxxxx is referring to destroying the ring? (which is pretty easy to achieve). Getting to "Encore" is super hard (never done it)...can't imagine what wizard mode he's referencing. If it's Encore, maybe he has the game set to 12 balls...one for each song. That would make it easier! Guess it all depends on how his machine is setup!

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

No it's Valinor, 3 times in under 2 weeks, Encore on AcDc
    I only ever have my machines set up on factory, or harder, limited to 1 extra ball, tight tilt, etc.
    What's the point of trying to kid yourself by making it mega easy just to post a score no one cares about. You soon get found out in competition. If you're really interested the majority of my major scores have either been on site, in competition or at friends houses.
    Just because you're not good enough to reach those scores, doesn't mean others aren't.

Please...spare me the bravado. I know I'm not worthy of getting to Valinor or Encore. I mean, it's possible I guess, but highly unlikely. My comment was a bit broader...I've played in leagues with some darn good players and NONE of them could reach Valinor 3 times in under 2 weeks. If you are that good, I imagine you are a highly ranked, competitive player. Good for you!

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

Just responding to your patronising, condescending and sarcastic comments - no bravado required.

Grow a thicker skin...again, very few people get to Valinor on a bi-weekly basis. If you do, then I am wildly impressed. Really. Would actually love to see a video of your skills. Let me know if any YouTube video's available. Anyone who gets to the modes you boast about on a regular basis is a truly rare, gifted player.

1 week later
    #112 8 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Ever played Game of Thrones Pro? ST Pro? ACDC?
    You can say a lot of things against recent Stern pins but saying they play slower... no.

No doubt...Stern games are not only faster but usually harder.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pins-vs-williams?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.