(Topic ID: 23736)

Stern Pinball you have 24 hours...or AC/DC walks the plank!

By hassellcastle

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ctozzi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FIRE.jpg
pf_wear.jpg
target_wear.jpg
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Those are pics of a game on location in CA.
Seems to be an anomaly at this point: no other reports yet of similar damage.
Someone also theorized the drops on LEs & PREMs also absorb more force.

Ball hits the pf first coming out of the cannon. Has nothing to do with drops.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Nonetheless, if you're unhappy now, it's unlikely the update will have you do a 180 so why not just trade it?

IDK the update to XMEN seemed to really change things.

#53 11 years ago

I traded mine for sm. Couldn't be happier. Acdc is not for everyone. Sometimes you need to own a game for a while to figure that out.

#54 11 years ago

Well the workday is almost 1/2 over looks like your AC/DC will be walking the plank.
Good luck whit your IM I hope you like it.

We have a IM and AC/DC pro where I work and I never play IM. I really don't care for it. I have a
AC/DC Premium at home and I got to work and pay to play the pro. I play it almost every day then come home and play the Premium that is how much I like AC/DC.

Sure I don't like waiting for the update but I feel it will take this game to the next level of greatness.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Get rid of AC/DC before this happens to your pf anyway from the cannonball

What a dick !

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Well the workday is almost 1/2 over looks like your AC/DC will be walking the plank.Good luck whit your IM I hope you like it.
We have a IM and AC/DC pro where I work and I never play IM. I really don't care for it. I have aAC/DC Premium at home and I got to work and pay to play the pro. I play it almost every day then come home and play the Premium that is how much I like AC/DC.
Sure I don't like waiting for the update but I feel it will take this game to the next level of greatness.

Yeah. Looks like the "where are you playing pinball this weekend" message is up. Probably won't see code today.

#58 11 years ago

Craig, I'm with you on the joy of goal-based and mode-based pinball. They are my preference, too. I only wish IM had more of it to do. But I get a big enough rush out of building and collecting huge unlimited jackpots (while risking a ball drain), that I like ACDC a lot.

I will say that I enjoy the ability and rules constraints on stacking a variety of modes/multiballs better on IM than on ACDC. Like trying to get the Bogey -> War Machine -> Whiplash stack.

A previous post mentioned stacking Monger on top of Jericho to make Jericho a multiball... I hadn't thought of that before. I guess just get Monger pre-multiball toy-bashing mode qualified after you light up Mark VI, and the center shot starts them both??

#59 11 years ago

You guys have a totally different definition for "one ball game" than I am use to.. Before this thread, people seemed to use it to mean physically difficult. As in, "This game is brutal as hell. Its gobbling balls like crazy with those outlanes set like that. This is definitely a one ball game. You can't count on all three balls lasting long enough to to build up to something big. So you gotta maximize that one good ball when you get it."

Iron Man definitely fits that.

As for op's situation. *shrug* It's your game. I agree with the others: if you're trading because you want a mode heavy based game, you're trading for an anti-mode depth designed game with Iron Man.

#60 11 years ago

IM is awesome.

ACDC hasn't yet clicked for me as not sure what the goals really are.

That said a year or so back, I thought IM kind of sucked as a game, so opinions can change fast!!

#61 11 years ago

For a more goal based game that's still fast and fun I say try SM. Between SM, Tron and IM, I like SM best because of more depth. That being said, IM is still a great game, and Jericho is great.

One thing that did confuse me on IM, is that you have to light all inserts on one ball to start Do or Die, and flashing inserts from previous balls don't count. For instance, you defeat Monger and get SJP so the insert is flashing, then you drain. Next ball you light all the other inserts, so every insert is lit except Monger which is flashing. Do or Die is not available since you didn't play Monger yet. So if you have by some miracle achieved several flashing inserts, you may get lost as to what you need to start for Do or Die.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Haha! Actually, I don't think I've ever posted that before, so I'm not the source of the IM misinformation stream!
I think you and the others have hashed this out, but just to clarify I was referring to two aspects of the game. First, that progress does indeed reset (non-completions) between balls, and secondly that the software depth is about one ball's worth. You don't need three balls to beat this game. Which, IMO, is the very reason they reset your progress (again - to a varying degree) after each ball. If it carried over, IM would be way too easy. Which, to come full circle, seems misaligned with Hassell's expressed desires for a game.

You don't need three balls to beat this game? Are you playing one with the posts moved all the way in or something? As on factory it would be very hard to get to Jericho or Do or Die regularly, but with the posts in it would be a piece of cake (I've played one with the posts moved in, and it's WAY too easy, lol, I could like improve my average score by 5x to 10x...the first game I ever played was on one like that and I scored 44 million, which would a fantastic score normally but not on a game setup that easy). Getting to do or die on one ball is hard, getting to jericho on one ball is very hard, and getting to do or die multiball on one ball would be almost impossible. Bowen even said he had only gotten 3 of the inserts flashing for Do or Die multiball at one point, not sure if he's completed by now or not. That's why only the Do or Die shot is one ball qualify.

If the progress carried over, the only difference would be is that the Do or Die shot would come up more often, that's it...as it is, it's just an incentive to complete the characters in one ball, nothing else, and doesn't change the other two wizard modes.

I have audits from a game on location set at factory for a year, after 2400 plays the number of Jericho's was....one. The number of do or die's was...one. Seems like quite a few people have problems getting there on three balls, let alone one ball, lol.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Get rid of AC/DC before this happens to your pf anyway from the cannonball.

In the lower picture, that right sling is (in the picture) just above the cannon. Your statement is flawed as there are no cannon shots to the right sling nor is there a ball drop there.

#64 11 years ago

Send it to the Briney deep!

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

In the lower picture, that right sling is (in the picture) just above the cannon. Your statement is flawed as there are no cannon shots to the right sling nor is there a ball drop there.

What lower picture....

#66 11 years ago

What lower picture....

Wow! You really went back and deleted a picture that was counter-productive to your point?

You must be a liberal.

It was the picture below:

pf_wear.jpgpf_wear.jpg

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

You must be a liberal.

Yep, that totally explains it. Thanks for that stunning example of logic.

#68 11 years ago

ROTFLMAO!
I'm just having one of those days where I don't give a shit.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

ROTFLMAO!
I'm just having one of those days where I don't give a shit.

Maybe Clint Eastwood can talk to a empty chair for us.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Maybe Clint Eastwood can talk to a empty chair for us.

That's fine with me. I have no party affiliation.

#72 11 years ago

You try too hard.

Quoted from tktlwyr:

Wow! You really went back and deleted a picture that was counter-productive to your point?

You must be a liberal.

#73 11 years ago

Can we please never let anything remotely political invade Pinside.

#74 11 years ago

Its out!!!!! better real it back in.

SARCASM!

#75 11 years ago

When? I haven't seen it on the site yet.

#76 11 years ago

It's not out he is just messing with him. I have been checking all day.

#77 11 years ago

Past closing time now.
Looks like a no go.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Past closing time now.
Looks like a no go.

TF was 8pm

#79 11 years ago

Wow. Someone works late at Stern. Good to hear.

#80 11 years ago

I'm going to change my name from Nevus to Forrest Gump. "I'm not a strong pinball player..."
Therefore, I go much more for things like theme, music, variety of toys and shots.
I Love the ACDC premium. The music is great and the lights and sounds are well synched. I like the little things like the bell sound and the train whistle. So color me easily impressed, I can take it. It's a really fun game for me. Rock on ACDC!

Long live bright flashy things!

#81 11 years ago

X-Men was at 6:45 pm.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Knowing you and knowing your favorite games, I would have to say you probably will not keep IM for more than a year....
Pappy

You think he will keep it a year??? I'll take that bet, anything shy of 12 months...For sale "IM at the 2013 TPF..."

#83 11 years ago

plank . . . . . . . . Plank . . . . . . . . PLANK . . . . .

#84 11 years ago

Not looking good 6:30 PM CST on a holiday weekend oh well

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Yeah, I know Stern really isn't reading this.
But I thought I'd post my decision I'm dealing with, that all really hampers on Stern and AC/DC at this point.
As some of you may have read from my posts in the past. Yeah, I guess I'm in the minority of not being a fan boy of AC/DC Premium after ownership as I prefer goal driven mode based games. And being a AC/DC Premium owner it seems that is not the direction the software is/has been going on with this title.
Stern has promised us a software update for AC/DC with no real date in site. Their facebook page stated it would be coming in a couple of weeks...that was over month ago. Still no update.
So here is the situation. I have a pending trade for a beautiful modded HUO Iron Man from a fellow collector that want's my AC/DC Premium. The only hang up with the trade, which he is ok with is that I have requested for him to await my final decision by this weeks end as I'm anticipating the software code update for AC/DC will be out this Friday and I can make my final decision as to keep AC/DC or trade it off for a pinball I know I already enjoy that has been on my want list, Iron Man.
My patience for this update is down to the wire. Either I'll see the code update tomorrow or Iron Man will be coming to the Hassell Castle shortly and AC/DC walks the plank.
And for those that think I'm being impatient.
Really? The project started when Steve went back to Stern in spring 2011. The game has been in development for 1.5 years already. I'm sure the code will get done sooner or later...but I believe 1.5 years to work on a game from start to finish is more than enough time. Stern Pinball, shame on you for advertising a pinball with features that do not work out of the box because the code doesn't support them yet.

Craig, "they" do read this !

#86 11 years ago

Trade you a nice safecracker with doors & Topper and over 100 tokens for it since no update.

#87 11 years ago

Way to go Hassell! Now Stern is holding the update just to show you they don't respond to ultimatums. It's the only reasonable explanation for no update for the holiday. All your fault.

#88 11 years ago

Topic started 23 hours ago. Stern is down to their last hour...

#89 11 years ago

We'll I give up.
I've got the trade pending now for the Iron Man. We are working out the details.

That being said now..Lyman you are free to post the update since I'm getting rid of it now

Seriously though, I'm fine with the trade I'm doing. I'll play the updated software on friends machines and if after the code update I like the game...maybe I'll pursue looking for another AC/DC Premium or LE in the future. Until then I'm going with something I enjoy that is finished.

Marc & Pappy why are ya'll giving me a hard time over how long I'll keep IM? Don't we all buy, sell and trade games? It's fun to keep the gameroom fresh.

How many have you went through this year Marc? A few hundred....literally.

#90 11 years ago

We'll I give up.
I've got the trade pending now for the Iron Man. We are working out the details.
That being said now..Lyman you are free to post the update since I'm getting rid of it now
Seriously though, I'm fine with the trade I'm doing. I'll play the updated software on friends machines and if after the code update I like the game...maybe I'll pursue looking for another AC/DC Premium or LE in the future. Until then I'm going with something I enjoy that is finished.
Marc & Pappy why are ya'll giving me a hard time over how long I'll keep IM? Don't we all buy, sell and trade games? It's fun to keep the gameroom fresh.

Maybe you stated it in this thread but tell me you're getting cash also as part of this trade?

#91 11 years ago

Congrats on the trade. As long as you're happy that's all that matters. You are cordially invited to come over and play mine whenever the upgrade drops.

#92 11 years ago

Oh maybe one or two have left the collection this year, but I have add a few too (Still waiting on my BBB to magicaly appear on the door step)

I wouldn't take the ribbing personal (or you can I guess). Any game will get old, you then either shove it in a corner or move it on to make room for another. I've got my core colleciton that will never leave but they might sit in the warehouse 362 days out of the year.

#93 11 years ago

Thanks PinCrush for the offer of coming to play yours when code is finished.
Yes, trader of IM is kicking in cash on his end.

#94 11 years ago

Mine will always be available to play as well, but seeing as I am 300 miles away.....
But if your ever in the area, feel free to stop by again and say hello.

#95 11 years ago

Good luck with the IM. Buy-sell-trade what you want to play.

One man's Popeye is another man's Medieval Madness.

#96 11 years ago

Well I own acdc and I have played iron man, and I like acdc a lot more. That's not to say I wouldn't own one cause I would. I think you go with what makes you happy and it sounds like acdc doesn't make you happy. It's good to hear you're getting cash also.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

One man's Popeye is another man's Medieval Madness.

Let's not get carried away!!!

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Let's not get carried away!!!

Actually know a person that sold his MM and got a super nice Popeye. (Not mentioning names )

Long story short- he got an offer you can't refuse to sell the MM. Shortly after he got a ridiculous price offer to purchase a Popeye. He used a very small % of the MM funds for the Popeye. He gets a kick when he tells with a straight face he sold his MM for a Popeye, when it was really just timing.

I know it is not the funniest joke in the world, but I get a kick out of it.

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Actually know a person that sold his MM and got a super nice Popeye. (Not mentioning names )
Long story short- got an offer you can't refuse to sell the MM. Shortly after he got a ridiculous price offer to purchase a Popeye. He used a very small % of the MM funds for the Popeye. He gets a kick when he tells with a straight face he sold his MM for a Popeye, when it was really just timing.
I know it is not the funniest joke in the world, but I get a kick out of it.

That's hilarious!

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's hilarious!

I wonder who he is talking about ?

Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-you-have-24-hoursor-acdc-walks-the-plank/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.