(Topic ID: 30276)

Stern pinball ticket dispensers

By Apollyon

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Stern is now selling ticket dispensers for their newer pinball games. Seems like a good idea as the few arcades I have seen now are all based around ticket dispensers to redeem for crappy toys.

I ok with almost anything to get more pinball games out into the wild.

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/pinball-redemption-kit.aspx

#2 11 years ago

Funny story. They converted the ACDC at the Gameworks in Schaumburg, IL to a ticket dispensing machine. Price per game tripled.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Funny story. They converted the ACDC at the Gameworks in Schaumburg, IL to a ticket dispensing machine. Price per game tripled.

Did they have to cut the cabinet or door?

#4 11 years ago

The Tron was converted the same way a Gameworks a while back.

#5 11 years ago

double post

#6 11 years ago

Hmm well its good to get back to making money on location.... And its a skill game so there should be more incentive to play it!!!

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

LOL..I want to check that out, not to mention see my hometown... We never had that kind of place there when I lived in Schaumburg...

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from BrianR73:

We never had that kind of place there when I lived in Schaumburg...

How long ago? Must have been prior to 2000 and you missed (streets of woodfield), probably still (one schaumburg place) at that point.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

How long ago? Must have been prior to 2000 and you missed (streets of woodfield), probably still (one schaumburg place) at that point.

Oh way before then...I remember when One Schaumburg place was being built. Heck, I remember when half of Schaumburg was being built. The last memory I had was an game room/arcade place off of Wise or Roselle road in the old part of Schaumburg as a kid. My father used to drop me off there, give me about $30 dollars worth of quarters and leave me there so my father could play pool and drink. That is what began my love of pinball! I left Schaumburg pretty much right after high school in 92. I still go up there to see family, but they moved to Island Lake, and I havent been in Schaumburg since 2000

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from BrianR73:

Oh way before then...I remember when One Schaumburg place was being built. Heck, I remember when half of Schaumburg was being built. The last memory I had was an game room/arcade place off of Wise or Roselle road in the old part of Schaumburg as a kid. My father used to drop me off there, give me about $30 dollars worth of quarters and leave me there so my father could play pool and drink. That is what began my love of pinball! I left Schaumburg pretty much right after high school in 92. I still go up there to see family, but they moved to Island Lake, and I havent been in Schaumburg since 2000

OT: Remember Unity Buying Service (UBS) on Golf Road? Where we put U before the BS!

#11 11 years ago

Mrbally: geez! Your like the only other person that remembers that place! Pre-dates service merchandise, became handy andy, now it's a bed bath and beyond

#12 11 years ago

How is that dispenser attaching to the side of cabinet, says they have a plug kit to cover holes once you take it off?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-ticket-dispensers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.