Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by delt31
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Making a trade and seller realized the sub woofer on the stern star trek is not working. Thoughts I what I need to check as I've never seen this before. Game is mint condition. Any help as he's here right now!

#2 6 years ago

any thoughts? Rather not walk away from the deal but never seen sub not work before in new stern

#4 6 years ago

I think amp might be blown. Could be what happened here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-pleaselost-bass-soundspeaker-on-ripleys-bion

Here's the question - can I swap my MET pro sound board with ST pro to see if it's the amp?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think amp might be blown. Could be what happened here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-pleaselost-bass-soundspeaker-on-ripleys-bion
Here's the question - can I swap my MET pro sound board with ST pro to see if it's the amp?

Yes, The amp is part of the sound board. If your swap boards and get sound, that will tell you it is a bad sound board.

#6 6 years ago

anyway to just connect my external sub to the machine and bypass the cabinet sub until the amp is replaced? Or is the amp required even for JUST my external?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyway to just connect my external sub to the machine and bypass the cabinet sub until the amp is replaced? Or is the amp required even for JUST my external?

Depends on how you're connecting. Are you matching the expected impedance of the factory load on the components? Is the blown amp passing the signal without modification or is it completely dead? Are you using a dedicated sub output, line level output with a crossover, or maybe something else?

#8 6 years ago

I connect usually connect the external directly to the subwoofer so that's not going to work until the amp is fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-sub-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.