Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by klr650
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I just installed a new lamp driver board on my stern “pinball” machine. On startup instead of the chimes, I get the solenoids firing and it flashes 70. 8 on all the player score displays. If I push credit button it starts a game but won’t kick ball out and if I manually hit any of the scoring features it adds random amounts to the score. Please help.

#2 4 years ago

So you simply unplugged the old lamp driver board, then removed it, installed new lamp driver board and plugged in new lamp driver board. You haven't removed, adjusted anything else? Any battery corrosion on MPU? Was there battery corrosion that has been repaired? If there is damage, that needs addressed. If there was corrosion repairs done already, have the connectors been repinned when the damage was repaired?

#3 4 years ago

Absolutely no problems before swap other than the two lights that weren’t working and the one light that was stuck on. Main board has nvram module installed

#4 4 years ago

Can you swap back to the old lamp board just to confirm that the new board is the issue?

If that isn't the problem:
Try resetting all the audits. Step through the diagnostic tests (with button on the inside of coin door) and hit the reset button (on MPU board) for each audit to reset each value.)

Check to make sure all boards are well grounded to the backbox and that the ground braid is connected.

Then I guess you can re-seat connectors (one at a time, with game off) then turn on to see if its a connector issue.

Question: Has this got the original Rom Board right above the knocker? If so, probably lots of cracked solder joints that will need to be re-flowed on that board.

Additional Question: I saw that you have another thread about having NVRAM and a battery connected at same time? Was that on this machine? If so, maybe start with resetting those audits...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 199.95
$ 10.00
$ 45.00
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-no-sound-wont-start-game-after-new-lamp-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.