(Topic ID: 16447)

Stern Pinball, no love for drop targets???

By Quicksilver1

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I was curious if others noticed that since Stern has become the main manufacturer of pinball machines, it seems as though their machines no longer feature drop targets on the playfield. I certainly have not been fortunate enough to have played every title they have released since they became Stern Pinball, but when I come across one here or there in a club, bar, amusement park, go kart track, etc, it just seems that the game designers have no love for the drop target anymore. I personally am a huge fan of drop targets and was wondering the preference of others here.

Like I said, I have only played a handful of the Stern Pinball tables when I can find them and could be way off base in my observation, but does it seem that the majority of Stern pins just don't feature drop targets anymore?

#2 11 years ago

Some Stern games with drop target banks:

TSPP

Elvis

Nascar/Dale Jr.

World Poker Tour

Wheel of Fortune

Family Guy

ACDC premium and LE

Oops, I forgot TRON LE (not sure why!)

Single drop targets on games like

T3

BDK

Sopranos

Transformers LE

So they are out there.

#3 11 years ago

I think drop targets are a Stern LE feature now. BECAUSE THEY ARE SO EXPENSIVE.

#4 11 years ago

I Can answer this one.. Drop Targets cost more, are much more troublesome as well.. The Pro is designed for Coin Op environments, and drop targets as you all know can break pretty easy with large amounts of play. They also slow the game down, due to taking away some of the balls energy, where a Non Drop Target bounces the ball back.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I think drop targets are a Stern LE feature now. BECAUSE THEY ARE SO EXPENSIVE.

WPT the next 10K A-list game. So many drop targets! Heard it here first!

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I Can answer this one.. Drop Targets cost more, are much more troublesome as well.. The Pro is designed for Coin Op environments, and drop targets as you all know can break pretty easy with large amounts of play. They also slow the game down, due to taking away some of the balls energy, where a Non Drop Target bounces the ball back.

!

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

DrStarkweather said:I think drop targets are a Stern LE feature now. BECAUSE THEY ARE SO EXPENSIVE.

WPT the next 10K A-list game. So many drop targets! Heard it here first!

So many drops, so many multi-balls, so much fun! Wpt is an awesome game.

#8 11 years ago

Drop targets should be mandatory on any pin design.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-no-love-for-drop-targets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.