(Topic ID: 257515)

STERN PINBALL is taken for granted way too often......excluding Gary!

By iceman44

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

levisignal (resized).png
    CF8CAF65-D4B7-4645-94EA-87DBEE12E4DD (resized).jpeg
    LoathsomeSparklingCrayfish-size_restricted.gif
    3ji4ce (resized).jpg
    3ji3kp (resized).jpg
    3ji2li (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 4 years ago

Personally, from the first time I was informed about it, I think the pro/premium/le format is a bad idea. Build me a good game. One version one price. If said game becomes a huge success, then go ahead and make a limited edition like Bally did with Addams. I would much rather have a standard game and buy any factory upgrades like a shaker, side blades, RGB lighting, etc.

#98 4 years ago

I can guarantee this, if McDonalds had a problem with the buns cracking all the time or grease pooling on the burger surface, something would be done to fix it. Yes the occasional item may not be up to par. As a whole McDonald's is one of the most consistent products out there*.

*This in no way is an endorsement to eat McDonald's.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every single day - probably hundreds of thousands of times a day - a McDonald’s burger isn’t the right temperature, is missing a pickle, or someone gets a small bag of fries, or a drive through order gets shorted.
    Price of doing business when you are #1 and operate at that volume. Yet the public understands this and is forgiving, year after year.

That's true, but that's on the individual restaurant. We all have at one time said "don't go to that (pick any resturant with multiple locations) go to the good one," Even if it's a few extra miles.
    If you ordered a game from a distributor and had it set up in your house. Then you discover they only used 5 leg bolts, you cant blame Stern. Now when your cabinet cracks or you have pooling on your posts, that's not on your distributor. I also think it's on your distributor to help make it right. That's a whole other argument. McDonald's Corp is insane on consistent food. What they ship from location to location is the same. How each location screws it up is on them.

*Again, not an endorsement to eat that nasty food except in an emergency. One where you drive 7 hours each way to pick up a killer deal on a pinball. You're starving and it's the only thing open.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Then it’s apples and oranges is it it?
    I’ll remind you every other single burger joint has it’s own QC issues. Nobody in the industry is 100 percent.
    And stop recommending people eat McDonald’s!

I was only building off the other burger comparison posts here.
    Seriously, Stern needs to fix the clearcoat issues. Hopefully they did and all is well. I bought a Wonka and its pooling. Not a peep from JJP and now I won't buy from them again. I also had a GB pro that had separated on a corner. It was on location for a bit and I fixed it myself and it was fine. If I could fix the clearcoat on Wonka that easily, it would be fine.

Also, dont eat McDonald's.

#111 4 years ago

A McDonalds game would be awesome. Go old school 70s/80s. Gather up grimace, the fri guys, etc. Meanwhile you could count the points as hamburgers. The hamburglar can come steal them away.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-is-taken-for-granted-way-too-often?tu=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.