(Topic ID: 257515)

STERN PINBALL is taken for granted way too often......excluding Gary!

By iceman44

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

levisignal (resized).png
    CF8CAF65-D4B7-4645-94EA-87DBEE12E4DD (resized).jpeg
    LoathsomeSparklingCrayfish-size_restricted.gif
    3ji4ce (resized).jpg
    3ji3kp (resized).jpg
    3ji2li (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Competition alone won't lower prices. But it can lead to more opportunity and worldwide sales and then ultimately better pricing, which is the goal.
    As long as Stern remains the clear #1 like Apple, they get to enjoy higher margins on their games than the others.
    "Gotta keep the line moving". Overhead is a bitch. See Deeproot.

If competition were to lead to worldwide sales and more opportunity, then it sounds like you are speaking of a growing market.

The only problem with view is, for the most part, the manufacturing is a mature market with most of inefficiencies already squeezed out. I.E. Stern has built 1000s of pins and knows how to squeeze the last penny out of production.
    There would be no cost savings to be gained.

Rather, if Stern was to stumble into a growing market, it would most likely need to tool up a new production plant. Somebody will be paying for that new equipment.

A growing market would be gravy for Stern but you will still be paying a premium price.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Sure you would. Fixed costs spread out over more units sold equals more net profit to the bottom line. I'm not talking about COGS or variable costs.

I understand spreading the costs. But why would Stern BG br motivated to share the savings with you, or us?

If a company is maxed production wise and making all it can sell what be the incentive to lower prices and then add to a demand that it could not meet?

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Just a heads up fellas, I had breakfast with my distributor rep Thursday. He had 2 bits of info for me regarding pinball...no timeline on when I can expect my MMR and in 2020, the price of a new Stern is going up. He told me to expect to pay $150-300 more depending on the title. (We only order pros for the route, premiums and LEs may go up more.)

I was at the post office the other day and the postal worker said postage rates go up on Jan. 1.

The annual price increase is turning into a right of passage for most companies today it seems.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-is-taken-for-granted-way-too-often?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.