(Topic ID: 257515)

STERN PINBALL is taken for granted way too often......excluding Gary!

By iceman44

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

levisignal (resized).png
    CF8CAF65-D4B7-4645-94EA-87DBEE12E4DD (resized).jpeg
    LoathsomeSparklingCrayfish-size_restricted.gif
    3ji4ce (resized).jpg
    3ji3kp (resized).jpg
    3ji2li (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 4 years ago

Yeah, I’m calling bullshit that Stern is taken for granted. Can you even be #1 and be taken for granted?

I think Stern takes US for granted. And they have been for years. Lower quality and higher prices. It’s just a fact. And yes, they still make fun games.

I like Stern pins and I’ve owned (and own) Stern pins but I really hope the other manufactures can get their shit together and make Stern up their game. And, of course, I’d love to see good competition create some downward pressure on NIB pricing.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It will never happen.
    The more pinball companies there are, the higher prices go.
    People always seem to forget JJP created the “sky is the limit” NIB price wars. Before they showed up you could buy NIB sterns for under $4,000.
    Meanwhile in 2019 you have people
    Paying over $7,000 for stuff like Houdini, which absolutely blows my mind. Some of these same people will complain about Stern product and pricing.
    Truly strange days.

Well, I’m talking real competition for the Stern Pro-ish market mainly. Getting more for our $6k or $7k. And if at the same time JJP and maybe DeepRoot (?) can ever provide some real competition at the higher price points (more games dammit!), Stern might be forced to improve quality and innovation.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Competition alone won't lower prices. But it can lead to more opportunity and worldwide sales and then ultimately better pricing, which is the goal.
    As long as Stern remains the clear #1 like Apple, they get to enjoy higher margins on their games than the others.
    "Gotta keep the line moving". Overhead is a bitch. See Deeproot.

This is my way of thinking.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-is-taken-for-granted-way-too-often?tu=TheFamilyArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.