(Topic ID: 257515)

STERN PINBALL is taken for granted way too often......excluding Gary!

By iceman44

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

levisignal (resized).png
    CF8CAF65-D4B7-4645-94EA-87DBEE12E4DD (resized).jpeg
    LoathsomeSparklingCrayfish-size_restricted.gif
    3ji4ce (resized).jpg
    3ji3kp (resized).jpg
    3ji2li (resized).jpg
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Yes i realize they sell 15,000 pinball machines a year now. There are many reasons why and most are justified.

Gotta be tough to compete with them.

Deadpool, IMDN, Beatles, Munsters, JP, Elvira, GB, AS, GOT, SW, TWD, Black Knight, GOTG, BM66, etc. are recent Stern pins. A continuous onslaught.

JJP can't seem to deliver timely pins despite having to go back to the green, yellow and red Woz production over and over again to stay alive. Still waiting on my WonkaCE.

American Pinball is trying to develop some traction. I like them and hope they get there.

CGC makes great remakes but.....they are remakes

Spooky is the boutique company everyone roots for and needs to hit it a sellout on every pin release. Danesi delivers.

Deeproot is in "deep........." Blah RAZA is just that

#2 4 years ago

And they have shit quality, clear pooling, warped playfields, coilstops that dont last 200 plays, terrible code release, cabs splitting, terrible power switch location, shitty node boards ect

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

And they have shit quality, clear pooling, warped playfields, coilstops that dont last 200 plays, terrible code release, cabs splitting, terrible power switch location, shitty node boards ect

Yet they still kick everyone's else ass selling 15k pins a year. LOL

Like i said, taken for granted. Totally clueless post. Tough to fight the FACTS isn't it? They just keep selling more great fun pins all the time.

#4 4 years ago

I have 5 stern pins, no issues whatsoever

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have 5 stern pins, no issues whatsoever

I have many more and love em all.

Have they had some issues? Sure.

But they are CRUSHING the competition if you could call it that.

If you don't like one pin release there are 5 more waiting for you pick from and get shipped to you right away.

#6 4 years ago

McDonalds sells more cheeseburgers than anyone...So...They are the Best? I have been wrong this whole time!!!

Well, if McDonald's did screw up a burger they would make it right atleast...

Only thing good about Stern is heighened awareness to the pinball hobby man...That’s it now...

#7 4 years ago

I would like to see Stern innovate more. They were supposed to have their internet based connectivity debut this year, but unless something magic happens in the next 2 weeks, it seems they have fallen behind schedule. I am glad they have smartened up and undone some of the dumb decisions they made like removing interlock switches and getting rid of those awful support pegs on pro games. They also hired more resources when it was apparent they had trouble keeping up with programming demands.

I'm looking forward to what 2020 brings.

#8 4 years ago

Well, my last post was not fair actually. People work very hard to buy these things they are proud of. Some Stern games are fun. All pinball is still pinball. Without Stern i would not be able to play on location...However, just because they sell the most burgers doesnt make em the best

#9 4 years ago

I have no complaints out of seven Sterns only problem was ghosting on my SMVE play field. It was bad enough I got a new populated one. When the call came I picked it up from the factory and was able to play a few new ones.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

Well, my last post was not fair actually. People work very hard to buy these things they are proud of. Some Stern games are fun. All pinball is still pinball. Without Stern i would not be able to play on location...However, just because the selll the most burgers doesnt make em the best

These Stern pin burgers don't cost $1.50

They sell the most multi thousand dollar pins because of theme, code, layout, design, lighting, artwork, video, sound, etc. The entire package

#11 4 years ago

How about Stern takes their customer base for granted way too often??

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

That is the risk right? Yet why do they keep selling more pins every year while 2019 will be a record sales year.

"Customer base" sales are on fire.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

Well, if McDonald's did screw up a burger they would make it right atleast...

Heh. I ordered a filet-o-fish once... got back to work opened it up and took a bite. NO FUCKING FILET OF FISH ON IT! Literally a bun, cheese and tarter sauce. I was so pissed about it I went back and when I got tot the window they accused me of pulling it off and eating it so I could get another. They wouldn’t get me another sandwich. No b.s...
    I was boiling pissed.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

These Stern pin burgers don't cost $1.50
    They sell the most multi thousand dollar pins because of theme, code, layout, design, lighting, artwork, video, sound, etc. The entire package

Still frozen beef bro.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

Still frozen beef bro.

I guess people love it compared to the other options.

Maybe Stern is better compared to a Popeye's chicken sandwich versus frozen beef? LOL

Lining up for it and selling out.

#16 4 years ago

Haha! Yeah that works. I give ya that one. That’s funny

#17 4 years ago

If Stern had better Quality and good customer service they could wipe out the competition and sell 25 thousand games a year probably.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

That is the risk right? Yet why do they keep selling more pins every year while 2019 will be a record sales year.
    "Customer base" sales are on fire.

They would have one more sale in 2019 if they gave two shits about the quality they put out. Too bad, I really want a JP.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

They would have one more sale in 2019 if they gave two shits about the quality they put out. Too bad, I really want a JP.

Same, Now I may go from my favorite Theme, and movie to a cartoon about filth and general inappropriateness

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

If Stern had better Quality and good customer service they could wipe out the competition and sell 25 thousand games a year probably.

Granted I’ve not had anything go wrong but I’ve called and emailed them and gotten pretty quick and satisfying responses from Stern. I’m happy with their support thus far. Then again I own a NIB SAM and not a node based SPIKE...

#21 4 years ago

Bally/Williams hangs over Stern like a ghost. This defunct Corporation lives in Sterns' head. I don't think they have ever equaled the Original.

#22 4 years ago

Plus you can pay $15k for some models and get a piece of a couch. You just can't get that with the other manufacturers.

Also, what other manufacturer let's you submit a video for why you are worthy of paying $15k for an SLE model? What other manufacturer offers $750 limited edition toppers with a numbered plaque? What other manufacturer let's you know that "there are no widespread playfield issues" despite numerous reports?

3ji2li (resized).jpg3ji2li (resized).jpg

#23 4 years ago

Stern is a powerhouse and obviously a difficult competitor. They control a major share of the market, have the distributor network, and obtain the huge themes. However, outside of JP 2019 has been mediocre release wise for them. I like pinball and don’t “root” for one manufacturer. There is room for JJP, CGC, American, and Spooky ... for now.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from GoodOmens:

Granted I’ve not had anything go wrong but I’ve called and emailed them and gotten pretty quick and satisfying responses from Stern. I’m happy with their support thus far. Then again I own a NIB SAM and not a node based SPIKE...

Well I've bought 7 new games off of them and have two bad playfields and ive been totally ignored for like 5 months now. I never thought that i would see the day that they did this to me either but they are.

#25 4 years ago

Just shows how quickly people have forgotten the last economic crash and recession and now have money to burn I guess.

#26 4 years ago

Stern doesn’t sell close to 15k a year my friend. If they did pinball wouldn’t be such a niche hobby that it is. Just think the ultimate selling games of the modern era are Eight Ball and Addams at just over 20k. Pins fell off the table after WCS.

#27 4 years ago

Jesus been awHile since a Gary Stern love letter thread.

#28 4 years ago
    3ji3kp (resized).jpg3ji3kp (resized).jpg
    #29 4 years ago

Did you say "granite"?

#31 4 years ago

I do appreciate sterns titles lately. They have upped their game somewhat on fun factor on titles. I just wish they would make the Spike system more long term serviceable. They really have me worried how these games are on the verge of being disposable and unfixible 20 years from now. like they are testing the waters to see if enough people notice and concerned. I think they are really banking that a majority of their buyers do not do repairs or have major ADD and sell games after 6 months. Which is a shame because many games they have released recently, have a perfect balance of fun. And the rules really compliment the layout and themes. Which is something JJP struggles with. As they tend to make games overly complex to the point where it becomes unfun. There is a fine line and balance between the two.

#32 4 years ago
    3ji4ce (resized).jpg3ji4ce (resized).jpg
    #33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

They already are selling over 25,000 pins annually.

#34 4 years ago

I like pinball, I like stern. Chas at customer service is great. Thanks Stern.

#35 4 years ago

Haha Chaaaaaas is da man

#36 4 years ago

This thread be like:

New school pin cats-

Old school pin cats-

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

You have 41 pinball matches currently. Never owned a Stern. Not sure you are speaking from experience.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

That is beyond their production capacity.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

This thread be like:
    New school pin cats-
    Old school pin cats-

And a few give us something new cats.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

That is beyond their production capacity.

Not anymore.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus been awHile since a Gary Stern love letter thread.

You have time to post but not enough time to go to a x-mas party? Jeesh.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

Not anymore.

Stern is open 260 days per year. You are saying they are churning out 100 games per day? That’s double what Stern has said they are making.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Stern is open 260 days per year. You are saying they are churning out 100 games per day? That’s double what Stern has said they are making.

Not sure if they are working weekends...but yes...Stern is cranking them out.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

they are churning out 100 games per day

That would explain a lot.

LoathsomeSparklingCrayfish-size_restricted.gifLoathsomeSparklingCrayfish-size_restricted.gif
    #45 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That would explain a lot.[quoted image]

Classic episode!

#46 4 years ago

I like them and appreciate what they do but I'm glad there are other options now and I perfer the competitors titles as most of sterns pins feel basically the same to me after a while .

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I like them and appreciate what they do but I'm glad there are other options now and I perfer the competitors titles as most of sterns pins feel basically the same to me after a while .

I could not have said that better or more clear myself.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

I can't see why they would do that.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

No they arent. About half that would be my guess.

#50 4 years ago

For a straight outta the box pin with minimal adjustments, stern do a good job imho. I say that only now after Ive had 6 nib sterns, nothing more than minor adjustments and plastic to fix balls getting stuck. I've had a spooky acnc the last couple of months and i have never spent so much time trying to get a pin playing right. From balls getting stuck in places it shouldnt to code that seems to be going backwards... Its been a frustrating pin from the start. There seems to be alot of sunshine blowing of these boutique pinball manufacturers and i expect to be shot down, but im less than impressed from the opposition from my experience. I hope jjp and spooky can lift their game to force stern to do better. But JP and IMDN are the ducks nuts for me

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-is-taken-for-granted-way-too-often?hl=okayestpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.