(Topic ID: 257515)

STERN PINBALL is taken for granted way too often......excluding Gary!

By iceman44

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

levisignal (resized).png
    CF8CAF65-D4B7-4645-94EA-87DBEE12E4DD (resized).jpeg
    LoathsomeSparklingCrayfish-size_restricted.gif
    3ji4ce (resized).jpg
    3ji3kp (resized).jpg
    3ji2li (resized).jpg
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

That's true, but that's on the individual restaurant. We all have at one time said "don't go to that (pick any resturant with multiple locations) go to the good one," Even if it's a few extra miles.
    If you ordered a game from a distributor and had it set up in your house. Then you discover they only used 5 leg bolts, you cant blame Stern. Now when your cabinet cracks or you have pooling on your posts, that's not on your distributor. I also think it's on your distributor to help make it right. That's a whole other argument. McDonald's Corp is insane on consistent food. What they ship from location to location is the same. How each location screws it up is on them.
    *Again, not an endorsement to eat that nasty food except in an emergency. One where you drive 7 hours each way to pick up a killer deal on a pinball. You're starving and it's the only thing open.

Then it’s apples and oranges is it it?

I’ll remind you every other single burger joint has it’s own QC issues. Nobody in the industry is 100 percent.

And stop recommending people eat McDonald’s!

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Then it’s apples and oranges is it it?
    I’ll remind you every other single burger joint has it’s own QC issues. Nobody in the industry is 100 percent.
    And stop recommending people eat McDonald’s!

I was only building off the other burger comparison posts here.
    Seriously, Stern needs to fix the clearcoat issues. Hopefully they did and all is well. I bought a Wonka and its pooling. Not a peep from JJP and now I won't buy from them again. I also had a GB pro that had separated on a corner. It was on location for a bit and I fixed it myself and it was fine. If I could fix the clearcoat on Wonka that easily, it would be fine.

Also, dont eat McDonald's.

#103 4 years ago

Dont you mean stern takes their customers for granted way too often?

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

*Again, not an endorsement to eat that nasty food except in an emergency. One where you drive 7 hours each way to pick up a killer deal on a pinball. You're starving and it's the only thing open.

No, not even then. Starve or plan ahead with fruit, protein bars, and raw almonds.

#105 4 years ago

fanboys to gary since we are talking burgers in a pinball thread.

CF8CAF65-D4B7-4645-94EA-87DBEE12E4DD (resized).jpegCF8CAF65-D4B7-4645-94EA-87DBEE12E4DD (resized).jpeg
    #106 4 years ago

Totally agree. Stern makes terrible burgers and their drive-through sucks.

#107 4 years ago

This thread be like:

levisignal (resized).pnglevisignal (resized).png
    #108 4 years ago

McDonald's has gone to shit. Used to be cheap fast and tasty now it's none of the above. The prices are nuts and they clearly let the food sit longer than ever.

Every so often you might "win the McDonald's lottery" and get fresh fries and a juicy burger but it's rare. Unless you're in an airport where McD is so busy the food has no time to sit.

#109 4 years ago

Now I want a new Diner/McDonalds/Burger King Game!

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Competition alone won't lower prices. But it can lead to more opportunity and worldwide sales and then ultimately better pricing, which is the goal.
    As long as Stern remains the clear #1 like Apple, they get to enjoy higher margins on their games than the others.
    "Gotta keep the line moving". Overhead is a bitch. See Deeproot.

If competition were to lead to worldwide sales and more opportunity, then it sounds like you are speaking of a growing market.

The only problem with view is, for the most part, the manufacturing is a mature market with most of inefficiencies already squeezed out. I.E. Stern has built 1000s of pins and knows how to squeeze the last penny out of production.
    There would be no cost savings to be gained.

Rather, if Stern was to stumble into a growing market, it would most likely need to tool up a new production plant. Somebody will be paying for that new equipment.

A growing market would be gravy for Stern but you will still be paying a premium price.

#111 4 years ago

A McDonalds game would be awesome. Go old school 70s/80s. Gather up grimace, the fri guys, etc. Meanwhile you could count the points as hamburgers. The hamburglar can come steal them away.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

The only problem with view is, for the most part, the manufacturing is a mature market with most of inefficiencies already squeezed out. I.E. Stern has built 1000s of pins and knows how to squeeze the last penny out of production.
    There would be no cost savings to be gained.

Sure you would. Fixed costs spread out over more units sold equals more net profit to the bottom line. I'm not talking about COGS or variable costs.

#113 4 years ago

Just a heads up fellas, I had breakfast with my distributor rep Thursday. He had 2 bits of info for me regarding pinball...no timeline on when I can expect my MMR and in 2020, the price of a new Stern is going up. He told me to expect to pay $150-300 more depending on the title. (We only order pros for the route, premiums and LEs may go up more.)

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Sure you would. Fixed costs spread out over more units sold equals more net profit to the bottom line. I'm not talking about COGS or variable costs.

I understand spreading the costs. But why would Stern BG br motivated to share the savings with you, or us?

If a company is maxed production wise and making all it can sell what be the incentive to lower prices and then add to a demand that it could not meet?

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

This thread be like:[quoted image]

You couldn’t even be bothered to photoshop a burger in there?

Thread is seriously lacking in innovation!

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Just a heads up fellas, I had breakfast with my distributor rep Thursday. He had 2 bits of info for me regarding pinball...no timeline on when I can expect my MMR and in 2020, the price of a new Stern is going up. He told me to expect to pay $150-300 more depending on the title. (We only order pros for the route, premiums and LEs may go up more.)

I was at the post office the other day and the postal worker said postage rates go up on Jan. 1.

The annual price increase is turning into a right of passage for most companies today it seems.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Close your wallet or bend and take it.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

the price of a new Stern is going up. He told me to expect to pay $150-300 more depending on the title. (We only order pros for the route, premiums and LEs may go up more.)

When Stern sees FOMO buyers lining up for other pins around 7k+ base games, not surprising.
    It can’t be getting any easier for operators in this environment.

#119 4 years ago

The one thing McDonalds has going for it are Happy Meals; the kids fucking love them & they are cheap.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:Every so often you might "win the McDonald's lottery" and get fresh fries and a juicy burger but it's rare.

U gotta know how to work it Ben. No salt on the Fries and special order burger, no onion or something and they have to make it fresh.

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

U gotta know how to work it Ben. No salt on the Fries and special order burger, no onion or something and they have to make it fresh.

That's what they used to do Hazoff. Now they just pull a burger Patti out of a drawer that has been in there for 2 hours and throw it in the microwave for 10 seconds and slap your burger together.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I understand spreading the costs. But why would Stern BG br motivated to share the savings with you, or us?
    If a company is maxed production wise and making all it can sell what be the incentive to lower prices and then add to a demand that it could not meet?

They aren’t even close to max production

Competition. How long has it been since a cornerstone price increase

And by lowering price they sell more units and thump the competition.

We will see how it all plays out

Plus, the economy and the consumer are as good as it gonna get

Price multiples are gonna revert back to the mean at some point

#123 4 years ago

Spooky is releasing 750 r&m, how much are they gonna go for

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from wiggy07:

Tilted, same here. Got two cheeseburgers from McDonalds, opened them and started to eat. I thought the burger tasted a little weird. Figured out they forgot to put the burgers in the bun on both items.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Happened to me as well.

Lmao! Well boys, glad to hear i’m Not the only one. Thanks for sharing.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

That is beyond their production capacity.

Not even close to it. They have the capacity to do 115 machines a day.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not even close to it. They have the capacity to do 115 machines a day.

Thank you.

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

They have the capacity to do 115 machines a day.

But they don't have enough quality control to look at more than 15 a day at the most.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

But they don't have enough quality control to look at more than 15 a day at the most.

Heyo!!! Zingers for days! Haha

#129 4 years ago

You said that they are making 25K games a year. You wasnt talking about how many games they were capable of making.

#130 4 years ago

I can’t believe they put the projector shroud on R2 sideways and a big screw next to those wonky lenses...crazy
    “Oh baby-Look at that pile of shit dude!”
    Buffalo pinball 34minutes in on their latest youtube BDYETP video

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You said that they are making 25K games a year. You wasnt talking about how many games they were capable of making.

You are correct...I was talking about how many pins they are currently making. In this case how many they are capable of making and how many they are actually making is one and the same. Why do you think after the first of the year Stern is increasing prices 3%-5%???

#132 4 years ago

I don't understand the "Stern makes more games so they are the best" argument. Yes, Stern makes more games then anyone else. Does that mean they are offering the best product? No, you will get different opinions on that.

By the argument above I suppose Outback makes the best steaks as they sell more of them then what Ruth's Chris does? No. Ford must offer the best cars as they sell more Fusions then what Ferraris latest model sold. No. Dominoes offers the best pizza as they sell the most. Lol, hell no.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't understand the "Stern makes more games so they are the best" argument. Yes, Stern makes more games then anyone else. Does that mean they are offering the best product? No, you will get different opinions on that.

I don't agree with the most means the best either. Jesus look at record sales. I do think they make the best games but who cares.

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-is-taken-for-granted-way-too-often/page/3?hl=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.