Street-Fighter-II-pinball-at-Joystix (resized).jpg
036 (resized).jpg
DP Warranty (resized).JPG
Stark Trek (resized).JPG
12736519_10208095870817481_1183780090_o-768x402 (resized).jpg
jason-statham-death-race-18076 (resized).jpg
Death-Wish (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

O-din is holding out for Stern to make a Death Wish pin

Right, but the one with Bruce Willis, not that old fossil Charles Bronson.

Death-Wish (resized).jpgDeath-Wish (resized).jpg
#52 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

[quoted image]

Man this one kind of came and went, huh?

Might be time to put ol' Brucie out to pasture.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

O-din is holding out for Stern to make a Death Wish pin

How about a Death Race instead?

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

On the same note if it was The Mechanic, would the one with Jason Statham do? Or should he just be included on that F+F game instead.

Trivia question- How many pinball games have featured Jason Statham so far?

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Why not!

jason-statham-death-race-18076 (resized).jpgjason-statham-death-race-18076 (resized).jpg
#56 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Dunno, if I was an op and it was a route machine, no big deal. If I was joe blow home owner who dropped 9k on an le? Bit of a big deal.

Why are people that don't buy LE's always so worked up about the quality, the code, etc of the LE games?

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fast and Furious is the largest movie franchise ever. Guess they really missed the boat on that one.

Thank god that never happened !
I would never play it , not even if it got a rubber vagina is build in the coin door.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Why are people that don't buy LE's always so worked up about the quality, the code, etc of the LE games?

If I owned a pro and the decals peeled I'd be pissed, but pros are more marketed to ops. LE's are marketed toward home buyer's that is why I used that example. For the amount of money and the list of known issues it is unacceptable, but I can point out issues with JJP and Chicago Coin's stuff too.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from melappels:

I would never play it , not even if it got a rubber vagina is build in the coin door.

Don't worry, they will keep on making plenty of fairy tale games. They know where the money's at!

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from melappels:

What if the coin door vagina was made of silicone, or something more lifelike than rubber? Maybe a an actual equine vagina or something like that?

Perhaps this would sway your opinion of purchasing a FF machine?

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from melappels:

There's nothing dumber then someone saying they would refuse to play a new pinball machine. I played some Transformers, WWE, and GOTG on route the other day. Had a blast, never would want to own them, still had a blast.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You will have to ask o-din. He is in charge of all Sterns themes now.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You will have to ask o-din. He is in charge of all Sterns themes now.

No, I'm in charge of the themes they would never possibly consider doing.

You're talking about a guy that watched a Sniper marathon this weekend.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I'm in charge of the themes they would never possibly consider doing.

Stern's new Non-marketing Director. I hear you just submitted your Yelp reviews as a resume.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Stern's new Non-marketing Director. I hear you just submitted your Yelp reviews as a resume.

That's right! If I pick it, they know to avoid it. That's gotta be worth something.

#66 5 years ago

OD one of the only reasons I stay on FB is for the Hard Times. This shit cracks me up daily.
Time for a Jello pin? It would just hurl insults at ya then shut off.

Lucky Airline Passenger Wins Free Five-Hour Spoken Word Concert by Jello Biafra
12736519_10208095870817481_1183780090_o-768x402 (resized).jpg12736519_10208095870817481_1183780090_o-768x402 (resized).jpg

“When I went to sit down, he was in the window seat fogging up the glass and drawing crude animals,” claimed the exhausted Monahan. “I wanted to be polite and make small talk, so I asked [Biafra] where he was headed. He looked up and told me, ‘We’re all headed straight down the proverbial shit hole.’ And it just kind of went from there.”

#67 5 years ago

And to think, I got permanently kicked out of my own Dead Kennedys thread. No wonder we can never get this shit to happen.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The following is not "Anti-Stern", just an observation. Recently I made a trade for a Stern for two 90's BW games. I also own two other modern Stern games. I don't know what it is about the BW games, but there is something special about them that I don't get from modern Stern games. Yes, the code is simpler, but the callouts, shots, even the music just seem...right. And yes, I think there is something to be said about the build quality...heck, they are still around and play perfect. I love my SW, but I feel that that thing could fall apart any minute. But the crux of this reply is there is a feeling I get from the 70's, 80's, and 90's pins that I don't get from modern Sterns. Maybe it is just nostalgia.

Like most games, the more you play them the more you either like them or do not like them. Some games keep getting better, same games are just.. games and some games you will want to move on. The 90's BW are awesome games, just like the Sterns, you will probably want to move most of them on eventually as well. It is all about what you like and right now there are plenty of choices!

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man this one kind of came and went, huh?
Might be time to put ol' Brucie out to pasture.

Las Vegas shooting knocked it back some months and what little steam it had was wiped out. For me the weird part is Eli Roth was never pushed as the director, seemed odd but I guess everyone's over him. Just saw trailer for House with Clock in the walls and they didn't mention it there.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And to think, I got permanently kicked out of my own Dead Kennedys thread. No wonder we can never get this shit to happen.

Let's start a guy's that like to finger assholes, I mean Butthole Surfers fan club! I finger asses with my tongue, like the champ I am! (This is a joke)

#71 5 years ago

Eli Roth directed that??
Just got interested.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Eli Roth directed that??

Exactly. if I had heard that I would have been more interested as well.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Eli Roth directed that??
Just got interested.

I thought the same thing, but read a few reviews and you may get disinterested again. Here's a sample:
"Death Wish is a fantasy about a 62-year-old bald man who can flip up his hoodie and suddenly become cool.... Drector Eli Roth spares us a hottie giving Paul a come-hither pucker. Instead, when a young woman spots Paul executing a car thief, she pegs the killer as in his mid-to-late-30s. Sweet, bro."

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I thought the same thing, but read a few reviews and you may get disinterested again. Here's a sample:

I think people into Eli Roth would be more interested that the movie could be a gore fest, not a super great movie.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Its a pretty common thing on pinside and it can be contagious, its called "Fuckfaceitis" even a pinsider I like "O-din" can catch a mild case from time to time.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

its called "Fuckfaceitis" even a pinsider I like "O-din" can catch a mild case from time to time.

Tonight I'm planning on catching "shitfaceditis"

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had a scorching case of that on Friday night that lasted into Sat afternoon still haven't recovered. Too old for all nighters anymore, yet I still do it so it seems Fuckfaceitis leads to shitfaceitis and directly results in Ihavetherunsitis, damn it.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I had a scorching case of that on Friday night that lasted into Sat afternoon still haven't recovered. Too old for all nighters anymore, yet I still do it so it seems Fuckfaceitis leads to shitfaceitis and directly results in Ihavetherunsitis, damn it.

TMI

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What is it called when you lick an attractive asshole? Like actual butthole of the hottest chick you ever saw?

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

What is it called when you lick an attractive asshole?

"just an average date. "

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I had a scorching case of that on Friday night that lasted into Sat afternoon still haven't recovered. Too old for all nighters anymore

After cracking my head open and then showing up to work at noon a couple weeks ago, I made a vow to only do it on nights that I don't have to work the next day. Used to be the other way around, but that still leaves me with four nights a week including tonight. I also am now trying to keep my computer unplugged on these nights as well.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Not positive on exact details of stern warranties but something I will personally be getting an exact update on before my next nib stern. Just a little paranoid tbh

Fair enough, you're paying for the warranty when you buy NIB, may as well be satisfied with it. That said, I looked at the Star Trek warranty vs. Deadpool and they look pretty much the same, except they've moved their disclaimer language re: "every game is different" into the warranty section, which I'm not sure makes much difference. Of course the main thing with Stern is that they consistently provide very good coverage well beyond the bounds of the written warranty (for instance, I still haven't seen any Pinside reports of someone making a node board claim that has been rejected, and those boards have been out in the world for a couple of years now). If your distributor has word that this has changed, that's very big news.

Anyway, here's the Star Trek warranty:

Star Trek WarrantyStar Trek Warranty

And here's Deadpool:

Deadpool WarrantyDeadpool Warranty

#83 5 years ago

The warranty tends to cover a lot more than it reads. Stern has to legally draw the line of what they'll be obligated to cover, but they have shown that they will actually cover more than that. I got a playfield replacement for something that they could have easily passed off as "acceptable amounts of wear." Stern stood by the game and fixed the issue.

Eventually things get made right. When buying NIB it comes down to whether or not you're willing to deal with the hassle that process might bring if you have issues. If the answer is no, buy HUO and get a game that's held up well through a good amount of play.

#84 5 years ago

That warrantee right there is why I knew I was rolling the dice when I purchased my BM66 and also why I didn't give a shit when the playfield ended up looking like the surface of the moon. Because I was warned and basically between what was written and SR's famous video I knew it was coming.

No use complaining if you don't bother to read the fine print. No use complaining anyway.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On the same note if it was The Mechanic, would the one with Jason Statham do? Or should he just be included on that F+F game instead.
Trivia question- How many pinball games have featured Jason Statham so far?

Funny, I just watched "The mechanic" an hour ago....

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I have to date not bought nib. I have seen first hand ghosting on a gb le with less than 20 games on it. I have seen numerous sterns where the decals have peeled from the head. I have seen 1 cabinet split at the corners. All of these were huo. The gb le took 1 year of the owner fighting with stern to finally get a replacement pf. The owner has not played 1 game on it since installing and plans on selling the machine as he is so fed up with stern.

All of those issues were short-term and have been corrected, except maybe the potential for clear to chip at scoops and shooter lanes if left unprotected. Not giving them a free pass, but they do care and they do resolve things. And they've always taken care of me on any problem I've had.

#87 5 years ago

Yeah, replacing split cabs and ghosted playfields must have cost Stern a small fortune, they’ve definitely had incentive to fix those particular issues.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Funny, I just watched "The mechanic" an hour ago...

Which one? I think they are both great. Saw the first one when I was about 10, and the newer version a couple years ago.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Which one? I think they are both great. Saw the first one when I was about 10, and the newer version a couple years ago.

Bronson & Vincent - Amazon prime freebie

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Bronson & Vincent - Amazon prime freebie

Ah yes, Jan Michael when he was in his prime.

Did you ever see that movie Red Line he did after his car wreck? That was classic!

036 (resized).jpg036 (resized).jpg
#91 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ah yes, Jan Michael when he was in his prime.
Did you ever see that movie Red Line he did after his car wreck? That was classic![quoted image]

Yeah, he was cool. Too bad drugs & alcohol messed him up

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just got interested.

Jack Black is in it. I am now interested!!!

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Why does it have to be complete right away?
I enjoy getting regular updates and watching the game evolve. It's like getting a new game every couple of months. At least the way Stern has been lately with GOTG, SW, and Batman '66.

That's great...if the code updates come. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't so that $6k-$9k purchase is a gamble when it comes to whether or not the code will be completed. There's no consistency from Stern when it comes to completing all of their games with deep and unique code. Also, waiting 6 months for a bug fix update doesn't really add anything in terms of gameplay...

#94 5 years ago

Deadpool 5:30pm est??

#95 5 years ago

Deadpool looks fantastic!!!
Street Fighter graphics!
Booming sound..

Great team making pins!!!!

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Street Fighter graphics!

You sure got that right!
Street-Fighter-II-pinball-at-Joystix (resized).jpgStreet-Fighter-II-pinball-at-Joystix (resized).jpg

#97 5 years ago

Smooth layout...

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great...if the code updates come. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't so that $6k-$9k purchase is a gamble when it comes to whether or not the code will be completed. There's no consistency from Stern when it comes to completing all of their games with deep and unique code. Also, waiting 6 months for a bug fix update doesn't really add anything in terms of gameplay...

Which is why I mentioned the recent games of GOTG, Batman '66, and Star Wars, all of which had tons of updates in the last year.

#99 5 years ago

Stern is rocking the pinball world right now! Haven't had a dud in a while, every title is just F-U-N!
Too bad any thread of this nature will ALWAYS get the Debbie Downer types to chime in, with the same boring shit. It's like they just can't fucking stand it when people are enjoying the efforts of Stern, and having a good time just......playing great pinball machines!
How dare you! Haven't you noticed xxxxx, and yyyyyy?

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

...with the same boring shit.

Oh you mean Stern's layouts?

Sorry, I had to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 21.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-is-a-beast/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.