Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
mysteryscoopswitch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider attitude05.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Has anyone heard why there is a delay from stern on producing the Metallica pro? I have contacted the dealer and I have also tried contacting stern and nobody has the definitive answer at this time. I am now hearing it will be toward the end of the month which will be over a month since I ordered mine.

#5 8 years ago

Yes it is killing me. This was the first new pi
n I ever bought

#9 8 years ago

They said a possible playfield issue.

#10 8 years ago

One whole month of waiting? Ouch.
Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your wait more comfortable.

I have to pay attention to my gf now lol

#13 8 years ago

Now I know I am over reacting. I forgot aboutbthe Hobbit

#16 8 years ago

<blockq. I have to sleppte cite="#2951526">What are you going to do for the other 23 hrs and 56 mins in the day?

Hey now I have to sleep and work ha ha

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I was going to get a pro and was told last month that mid February was when they would be available. Things have changed since and can't pull the trigger. Just be patient. They are coming but might be the last run. Hopefully, Stern will keep making them for a while longer but sounds like it's near the end.

From what I understand this will be the last of the Metallica run. The license was supposed to run out but got extended for one more run.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just picked up GOT pro yesterday, was told MET and Kiss will be shipping soon and WD pro will be March
Scott

Did you pick that up from Trent?

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I just ordered one last month and I am feeling just as impatient. Just excited, as we really don't have anything to bitch about. I am glad I ordered one before they are no longer in production. What did you hear was wrong with the playfields?

I didn't really get much in details but I guess a run on October of last year the playfields were junk and after about 200 plays they were already showing wear especially around sparky and the scoop. Mind you that's just speculations. I did see on Stern's Facebook that they are producing them right now so that's a good sign.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

Got the email from Trent my Metallica Premium is shipping....

Sounds like they are shipping them out now. Thanks for the heads up.

#33 8 years ago

Nothing that I have heard on ST but WD someone said above that it's next month.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That better not be accurate because the distro I bought my TWD from said 2-3 weeks tops. That was 8 days ago. I guess I'll just have to wait if this ends up being true

I ordered my Met pro on january 9th. Still waitimg but its looking better.

#38 8 years ago

Has anybody heard any updates on Shipping?I

#40 8 years ago

I need to buy another pin to get by lol

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I ordered my Metallica Pro on January 8th so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

I ordered mine on the 9th of January so I hear ya man.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from GGG:

If you can't stand the wait for a Met pro, premiums are in stock right now from a few distributors...

I tried changing my order after I found some more cash to put into the project.....I was denied.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That's complete BS. The distributor technically by law cannot keep your money if he does not have the goods....especially if the goods are not even made yet. Did you sign a contract? Is their anything specific on the invoice that you cannot cancel the order. If there isn't the distributor doesn't have a leg to stand on.

If I changed I would lose my deposit and have to pay it again.

#63 8 years ago

Well you guys were right. "I think you want to see this thread about what you told me...." "Let me call you back and see what I can do"

I will not release the name until they totally disregard it. I appreciate everyone's help.

#69 8 years ago

Oh yeah I paid around that for it to be drop shipped to my door so I'm not getting screwed on the price by any means.

#79 8 years ago

I finally did get word back from my distributor and he did say I can upgrade. Unfortunately I spent the money on another pin that came up whiel waiting. He did not have anymore details form Stern regarding the pro's.

#80 8 years ago

Has anyone heard anything?

#88 8 years ago

It sounds like there is more going on than someone is going to let on from Stern.....it will come out eventually.

#90 8 years ago

I heard Trent's got GOT Pro's through the grapevine so some stuff must be shipping.

#93 8 years ago

Then I hope metallica is soon

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just got mine, Feb. 6th manufacture date. Aside from a small trough switch issue it's perfect

I just heard from the company that they still don't have a ship date for mine so we shall see

#97 8 years ago

I actually have looked at a lot of MODS for it and I think I'm going for broke right off the bat and installing a color DMD to start off with. Then I will go from there. The under cab lighting is another mod I want to put as well.

1 week later
#102 8 years ago

I haven't heard anything from my distributor yet. I keep hearing end of this month or early March.

#103 8 years ago

I just got word from my distributor that some of his GOT pro's shipped this week so he is hoping soon for Metallica.

#105 8 years ago

Got another heads up......end of march they are saying now possibly early April

#113 8 years ago

I orde4ed mine on 1/9 also

#115 8 years ago

I have a feeling that both of ours will ship the same time so when one of us hears the other should as well.

#117 8 years ago

I got an email today that was vague as usual. Shipping delays and more BS from Stern. Honestly. I am starting to get irritated. A 2 week turn around is turning into a 2 month wait. If you ask me they have gotten too big and they are chasing their tails.

#121 8 years ago

Actually the reason I bought it was because Stern released the news that they were going to do one final run of them due to it's popularity. And yes I agree that having so many titles and meeting demand is tough. However communication with your distributors is key. I worked in manufacturing and if I left my customer in the lurch for this long with updates like "Maybe sometime next month" I would have lost my job very quickly.

#124 8 years ago

I just got word in my machine should be shipped tomorrow

#126 8 years ago

That's why I ended up ordering mine because I heard it was the last run. And from what I understand I should have it in my door on Thursday.

#129 8 years ago

It's sitting in my garage waiting for me

#132 8 years ago

I did get a confirmation that it in fact WAS a playfield issue.

#135 8 years ago

My game will be here tomorrow.

It was worth the wait. I already ordered my color DMD from Pinball Refinery.

On a different note I was told that it was a playfield issue. Some folks are saying their machines were produced last year and have new playfields.

#137 8 years ago

Does anyone know what protectors to get and where to get them from?

#139 8 years ago

I meant around the magnet protector and such.

#142 8 years ago

I bought mylar magnet protectors from pinball life. Little bit of wax before I put them on so they can easily be changed.

Great, that's what I was looking for.

1 week later
#168 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Anybody hear anything about st pro on the line? I've been waiting on mine since jan.

I actually got my pro on March 9th. I hear they are running along with GB

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

A GOT Pro I just got has what looks like a super thick clear on it and looks like glass. I have yet to unbox the TWD pro I picked up. Hoping for thick clear on it. The GOT is dimpling like crazy, but it is expected.

I read that changing your pinballs out can help with the dimpling.

#172 8 years ago

I read and was told by many that the balls provided by stern are junk.

#183 8 years ago

I just checked and my build date was 03/07/16.

It was shipped on the 8th and delivered on the 9th.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider attitude05.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-delay-on-metallica-pro?tu=attitude05 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.