Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
mysteryscoopswitch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Why do you doubt that?

Not that its a bad game, but its a remake with different graphics and LED's. I am pretty sure most people who truly wanted a Spiderman have bought in the second hand market and put their own LED's in. I just cant see that machine at $7400MSRP / $6400 street flying off their shelves when people know Ghostbusters is right around the corner, and other games are available from the factory right now. I am sure its a cool game and they received some sales, but I would think it really isn't much.

#52 8 years ago

If you can't stand the wait for a Met pro, premiums are in stock right now from a few distributors...

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from GGG:

If you can't stand the wait for a Met pro, premiums are in stock right now from a few distributors...

I tried changing my order after I found some more cash to put into the project.....I was denied.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I tried changing my order after I found some more cash to put into the project.....I was denied.

That's complete BS. The distributor technically by law cannot keep your money if he does not have the goods....especially if the goods are not even made yet. Did you sign a contract? Is their anything specific on the invoice that you cannot cancel the order. If there isn't the distributor doesn't have a leg to stand on.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Yes, why the @#$%!$& did they unban you!

<ignored user comment>

^^^^the best feature!!

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That's complete BS. The distributor technically by law cannot keep your money if he does not have the goods....especially if the goods are not even made yet. Did you sign a contract? Is their anything specific on the invoice that you cannot cancel the order. If there isn't the distributor doesn't have a leg to stand on.

If I changed I would lose my deposit and have to pay it again.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

Can you post the name of the distributor so I never use them.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

Who was this distributor? Could help others avoid dealing with someone that wont work with customers to make sure they are happy. LOL looks like BoJo beat me to it. Or can you direct your distributer to this thread so he can respond to why he won't allow you to change your order?

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I would be finding a new distributor then. If you were wanting to upgrade then that just doesn't make any sense. If you were wanting a refund that is different. I would like to know who your distributor is too.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

If you were wanting to upgrade then that just doesn't make any sense.

It makes sense in that the distro can't cancel their order... so they now have unsold inventory they have to move. It's not a turd tho, and the potential bad blowback should outweigh the inventory issue.. but clearly the distro didn't see it that way

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

That is total bs. Call and demand your money back. If they won't, do a charge back on your cc.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

Quoted from SilverBallz:

That is total bs. Call and demand your money back. If they won't, do a charge back on your cc.

Total BS! That is illegal.

I think we all need to know who this distributor is so we don't get screwed in a similar situation.

#63 8 years ago

Well you guys were right. "I think you want to see this thread about what you told me...." "Let me call you back and see what I can do"

I will not release the name until they totally disregard it. I appreciate everyone's help.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

Well you guys were right. "I think you want to see this thread about what you told me...." "Let me call you back and see what I can do"
I will not release the name until they totally disregard it. I appreciate everyone's help.

Now the big Q is how much are they going to jack up your price to switch, Id throw out some numbers for us to see if I were you.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It makes sense in that the distro can't cancel their order... so they now have unsold inventory they have to move. It's not a turd tho, and the potential bad blowback should outweigh the inventory issue.. but clearly the distro didn't see it that way

That's the whole point of being a distributor - to hold unsold inventory and then sell it. The distributor is the buffer between factory and consumer. Preorders are something relatively new, and something Stern doesn't really support.

Tell your dist to either deliver the game you bought - today - or refund your money, now. Then find a new dist.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Now the big Q is how much are they going to jack up your price to switch, Id throw out some numbers for us to see if I were you.

Exactly. If they try to stick you with something close to MSRP, they're screwing you. The Stern Pros are around $4800 delivered, the Premiums are around $6500

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

That's the whole point of being a distributor - to hold unsold inventory and then sell it

My point only was there ARE reasons the distro could be against the choice (its why they solicited a deposit in the first place...) contrary to earlier posts. The jist here tho is the game isn't some special order, or hard to sell item.. its easy money.

Yes, distributors should carry inventory, and buyers should be buying from stock. But lets be honest.. the pinball distribution channel is all jacked up with most buyers buying from what should be wholesalers, not direct retailers.. and with such a limited build out... most in the channel are not built to carry large amounts of inventory. They've been spoiled a bit. But at least Stern pulled back from the 'everyone and their brother is a distributor model..'

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

Exactly. If they try to stick you with something close to MSRP, they're screwing you. The Stern Pros are around $4800 delivered, the Premiums are around $6500

Yes, those prices are pretty competitive, hope you were in that price range op.

#69 8 years ago

Oh yeah I paid around that for it to be drop shipped to my door so I'm not getting screwed on the price by any means.

#70 8 years ago

You'll love your Met Pro. I've had mine almost 2 years and still play it several times a week. Other than a broken rubber band up by the pop bumpers, there have been zero issues and it still plays flawlessly.

#71 8 years ago

Good news. I was told today that my Metallica should be shipping to me sometime this week!

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

Has anyone heard why there is a delay from stern on producing the Metallica pro? I have contacted the dealer and I have also tried contacting stern and nobody has the definitive answer at this time. I am now hearing it will be toward the end of the month which will be over a month since I ordered mine.

This is the easiest answer on the Internet, Stern is trying to lock in all the sales they can and lock up all the buyers money so that they can't buy competitors products.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This is the easiest answer on the Internet, Stern is trying to lock in all the sales they can and lock up all the buyers money so that they can't buy competitors products.

But what ARE they shipping? They complete a move into a factory that more than doubles their production output... they expand the product line... yet it seems like every title people are trying to buy is held up. So are sales growing faster than their capacity, or are they hung up building games we aren't hearing about, or what.. because TWD, KISS, MET, GOT, all seemed like they were hung up.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But what ARE they shipping? They complete a move into a factory that more than doubles their production output... they expand the product line... yet it seems like every title people are trying to buy is held up. So are sales growing faster than their capacity, or are they hung up building games we aren't hearing about, or what.. because TWD, KISS, MET, GOT, all seemed like they were hung up.

Sale are growing faster than their suppliers can keep up with.

#75 8 years ago

I have been waiting since November for 3 titles to come in. Very frustrating. Makes you wonder why they keep announcing new titles when they can't even fulfill the orders they have now.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I have been waiting since November for 3 titles to come in. Very frustrating. Makes you wonder why they keep announcing new titles when they can't even fulfill the orders they have now.

Exactly - good thing I don't want a SM.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sale are growing faster than their suppliers can keep up with.

Why is it no one will discuss what the mysterious subs that can't keep up? I've only heard an inference of cabinets...

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why is it no one will discuss what the mysterious subs that can't keep up? I've only heard an inference of cabinets...

Actually the only communication from stern on the subject said suppliers in general. I think cabinets were inferred after we saw that the delays were across all games not just certain ones.

#79 8 years ago

I finally did get word back from my distributor and he did say I can upgrade. Unfortunately I spent the money on another pin that came up whiel waiting. He did not have anymore details form Stern regarding the pro's.

#80 8 years ago

Has anyone heard anything?

#81 8 years ago

I ordered my game on wednesday. I got a pro, and they said it should be shipping in march.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

They said a possible playfield issue.

This is what I have heard as well. Curing issues on the playfields.

#83 8 years ago

Perfect time for a pro owner to sell

#84 8 years ago

I heard end of feb for spidey to start shipping.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I heard end of feb for spidey to start shipping.

I heard March for my TWD Premium.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

This is what I have heard as well. Curing issues on the playfields.

Any confirmation on this? Do we know if it's been resolved or are they still working on it - creating a longer delay? Don't get me wrong though. I would rather wait as long as it takes for them to get it right. But the waiting is killing me!

#87 8 years ago

Not sure about curling issues but about a month ago I dropped my Metallica board off for an amp issue and was told parts are on back order.

#88 8 years ago

It sounds like there is more going on than someone is going to let on from Stern.....it will come out eventually.

#89 8 years ago

Stern having parts issues? End of the pinball world. Wonder which investor pulled out now, who will replace them? Stay Tuned!

#90 8 years ago

I heard Trent's got GOT Pro's through the grapevine so some stuff must be shipping.

#91 8 years ago

Yep. The shipped two weeks ago.

#92 8 years ago

Just got mine, Feb. 6th manufacture date. Aside from a small trough switch issue it's perfect

#93 8 years ago

Then I hope metallica is soon

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just got mine, Feb. 6th manufacture date. Aside from a small trough switch issue it's perfect

I just heard from the company that they still don't have a ship date for mine so we shall see

#95 8 years ago

Hang in there friend. I waited three months for mine and it was absolutely worth it! Do yourself a favor in the meantime and order the total lightshow mod... Takes a minute to get here from Australia but MAN does it ever make your game look amazing. Best $300 I've ever spent. Even bone stock though... Met Pro is one of the all time greats, you're gonna love having it your collection. It really is the best value in pinball and we're all lucky we still have a chance to buy them NIB

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I just heard from the company that they still don't have a ship date for mine so we shall see

Just like GorillaBiscuits said, hang in there. MET is a heck of a game and worth the wait. One of the best rule sets out there. It's so easy to grasp, but so hard to do.

#97 8 years ago

I actually have looked at a lot of MODS for it and I think I'm going for broke right off the bat and installing a color DMD to start off with. Then I will go from there. The under cab lighting is another mod I want to put as well.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I heard Trent's got GOT Pro's through the grapevine so some stuff must be shipping.

Pins are shipping. They are working on multiple titles. I just got my Met Prem last week. GOT is shipping too. Have patience.

#99 8 years ago

Yeah since my TWD Pro is coming to Canada I figure they wait until they have all titles ready before they ship an order. Can't wait to start killing Zombies

#100 8 years ago

Just ordered a TWD Prem. Was told end of Feb, or early March.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-delay-on-metallica-pro/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.