(Topic ID: 154474)

Stern Pinball Blacklist

By chickenguts71

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Been blocked from posting on STERN's facebook page? Come join the page for all of us blacklisted folk, vent your concerns, and hopefully get some answers from them:

https://m.facebook.com/SternPinballBlacklist

#2 8 years ago

Not trying to be a punk but maybe you would get a better response if you were more factual with your complaints.

"I paid $8000 for a KISS LE which has not had the code finished, let alone updated since the release. Oops, that's a lie, they did provide an update for the $400 topper I foolishly bought as well. Since it's release, they've distributed GAME OF THRONES, which has managed to get 26 updates. And now GHOSTBUSTERS is scheduled for release."

Kiss has had 5 updates - Not zero as you claim. (not sure if any of those weren't public releases like GOT has had)
    GOT has had 10 updates - Not 26 as you claim. Most those weren't official updates that were distributed either. For instance 1.23 was the last update before 1.26 but they show an update at 1.24 and 1.25. Most of these updates were node board type fixes as well vs game changes.

I can understand your frustrations but exaggeration as part of a complaint makes it less like to get a positive response as the person reading your complaint may deem you as an unreasonable person.

#3 8 years ago

Fair enough- after having the game since July (approximately 8 months), the details are foggy. The game shipped at v1.3, there have been two updates since- one was to animate the topper. The other was immediately after shipment.

In regards to GOT, I did not purchase one. I do not know what version it shipped at, nor which revisions were rules updates, but at v1.26, there's an alarming amount of attention being directed to a product which was released after another remains incomplete.

#4 8 years ago

How do hou know if you are on the blacklist?

Cause i cannot respond to recent stern facebook topics. But i never did anyway.

Still looks like they banned me, must be something wrong.

#5 8 years ago

I'm not on their blacklist, but I'm pretty sure I'm on their ignore list. I've asked two questions and gotten exactly zero responses.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Still looks like they banned me, must be something wrong.

No, they've got it right.

#7 8 years ago

A community of one, it appears. Great first post. Good luck in your crusade.

#8 8 years ago

If you're no longer allowed to post or comment on their page, you're on their blacklist

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not on their blacklist, but I'm pretty sure I'm on their ignore list. I've asked two questions and gotten exactly zero responses.

What! Stern can't hear you.

#10 8 years ago

Has Kiss been abandoned? Seems to be a shame if so with that awesome looking playfield artwork.

#11 8 years ago

It has not.

#12 8 years ago

That is good to hear. Might consider getting one someday when the code gets more developed.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from chickenguts71:

...I do not know what version it shipped at, nor which revisions were rules updates, but at v1.26, there's an alarming amount of attention being directed to a product which was released after another remains incomplete.

Well, Wheel of Fortune is WAY, WAY more incomplete than KISS, so by your logic, that should be getting the attention first? (Not that I would complain, but WoF ain't ever getting fixed, so...)

#14 8 years ago

Well it's been a year since the last ST update. And the game still has bugs. It came out before TWD, mustang, wWE, KISS, GOT, and ghostbusters.

And avengers took almost 3 years to get the last update so I say it will probably be coming eventually.

"Stay tuned"

#15 8 years ago

Ive been a longtime member of Stern's blacklist, Im good with it.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Ive been a longtime member of Stern's blacklist, Im good with it.

You're on my blacklist too. Metal washers for life.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Metal washers for life.

What if I were to mail you of packet of acrylic washers???

#18 8 years ago

No one forced anyone to buy a single pinball machine. If you don't like the code schedule, purchase a completed game.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

What if I were to mail you of packet of acrylic washers???

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, Wheel of Fortune is WAY, WAY more incomplete than KISS, so by your logic, that should be getting the attention first? (Not that I would complain, but WoF ain't ever getting fixed, so...)

WoF is actually in good shape. The only problem I understand is the missing wizard mode, which is nearly impossible to get to anyway. It's definitely not "WAY, WAY more incomplete".

#21 8 years ago

I'm on the blacklist since the announcement of Star Trek. :p

#22 8 years ago

I never got any responses, mostly deleted. The contact from the site just gets me "I will have to look at this"

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

WoF is actually in good shape. The only problem I understand is the missing wizard mode, which is nearly impossible to get to anyway. It's definitely not "WAY, WAY more incomplete".

Nope. Going from memory (haven't had it for a couple years), the trip modes are incomplete/very basic, there are missing callouts, Extra ball is just text saying "extra ball" - nothing special at all - there's LOTS of stuff missing/raw. Spend a week with it and the problems are glaring. Goes way beyond a missing wizard mode.

2 weeks later
    #24 8 years ago

They know my name and pinside handle by heart at Stern. I think they breathed a sigh of relief when I didn't get a GB.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-blacklist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.