Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RobF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Looking like Spike has been with us for 4.5 years and the last SAM game was TWD or if you want SM vault edition.

I have come to see that Stern has made quite a few very good/great games on the Spike platform and wanted to get a feel of what’s the best so far.

Wanted to add a poll but somehow that is not an option on the edit post.

#2 4 years ago

WWE
    Kiss
    GoT
    GB
    BM66
    Aerosmith
    SW
    GoTG
    Maiden
    DP
    Beatles
    Munsters
    BK SOR

#3 4 years ago

SW & IMDN for me....but haven't had a ton of time on BKSOR.

#4 4 years ago

My personal opinion:

1. BM66
    2. DP
    3. IMDN
    4. SW
    5. BKSOR
    6. GOT
    7. GB
    8. Munsters
    9. Aerosmith
    10. GOTG
    11. Kiss
    12. Beatles
    13. WWE

#5 4 years ago

Iron Maiden and Deadpool are the only ones I would consider great.

#6 4 years ago

I’m perplexed by BM66 have played a few on location and they all played like poop. Not sure if it’s a location issue or a layout issue.

#7 4 years ago

My personal favorite spike games are
    1 Iron Maiden
    2 BK SOR
    3 Kiss
    4 GOT
    5 Aerosmith
    6 DeadPool
    7 GOTG
    8 The Beatles
    9 BM66
    10 SW
    11 GB
    12 WWE
    13 The Munsters.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’m perplexed by BM66 have played a few on location and they all played like poop. Not sure if it’s a location issue or a layout issue.

Some hate it, but it is one of my favorites. The deep code with theme integration really appeals to me. Unfortunately, I feel that way about all of the games in my collection and space has become limited.

#9 4 years ago

I own Batman 66, had Maiden Premium sold regretted bought an LE and have an GOTG and love all three. They are the three games I play the most in my collection.

#10 4 years ago

Assume that Premium/LE > Pro for all.

SW
    BK SOR
    BM66
    Maiden
    Beatles
    DP
    GoTG
    GoT
    Aerosmith
    Munsters
    GB
    Kiss
    WWE

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Not sure what "played like poop" means.

The early code as really simple and has gotten a lot of updates which may not have been installed by the location. Also if the turntable isn't level there can be a lot of stuck ball issues. There were also some fixes sent out by Stern that keep the ball from flying off the left ramp and running into the left out lane from the plastics, that may not be installed in all game. Simple things like a switch being stuck on any game can make it no fun to play. When set up properly with the up to date code and fixes it is a great game.

#12 4 years ago

The Beatles is underrated. Franchi artwork with fun layout, I think due to price and rarity on location many have missed out on a good one.

#13 4 years ago

Bit biased here as I own one but will say Ghostbusters premium / LE. Would also go with KISS premium / LE.

GB has an incredibly unique layout, it's the entire opposite of a fan layout seen in a majority of new pins. Artwork is incredible, as is the audio when you consider all of the custom music created for the individual modes as well as custom callouts by Ernie Hudson. GB is Stern's last DMD game and offers some of the best DMD animations to date. The number of toys, especially interactive toys and molds, packed into GB surpasses all other modern Stern's in my opinion. The biggest thing holding the game back is its code which sounds like will be completed this year with a massive update.

#14 4 years ago

I’ve played them all except WWE funny enough.

hard for me to judge a pin on location and with incomplete code or dirty, too quiet, missing rubber etc.

But I have a Maiden pro in my gameroom and I’m giving that the nod. I’ve played more games on DP than any besides Maiden and quite like DP and Beatles, GoT and GB would be my top 5.

Maiden
    DP
    Beatles
    GoT
    GB

#15 4 years ago

Star Wars, Maiden, DP and GOT for this guy. Definitely intrigued by BKSOR pro as well, had a blast playing it on location.

Top two would be Maiden and SW by a mile for me.

#16 4 years ago

My top 3 would be:
    GoT
    SW
    DP
    These are not only my favorite spike games, but some of my favorite games of all time. I love DP so much I am selling my pro and plan to upgrade to a premium someday. The other two are bolted to the floor.

Next 3 would probably be:
    BK SOR
    BM66
    GoTG
    Awesome games, just a hair out of my very top tier (for now). I am lucky enough to own BM and plan to add the other two within the next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see BK shoot into my top tier...it's definitely my type of game and I have loved my limited time with it so far.

The rest are pretty solid games as well, just not on my wish list at this point. Kiss, Aerosmith, and Maiden are all great, and would certainly be welcome in my collection someday. WWE is good fun and I am a fan of the theme. Munsters shoots well and the code is ok, I just wish for more. It hasn't grabbed me yet, but I am not close minded to it. Beatles is fun and I love the theme, but I can't justify a premium price for it. If it was pro priced, I would likely already own one. GB I am just not much of a fan of. Maybe it will grow on me someday, but as of now I have zero urge to own one.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

My top 3 would be:
    GoT
    SW
    DP
    These are not only my favorite spike games, but some of my favorite games of all time. I love DP so much I am selling my pro and plan to upgrade to a premium someday. The other two are bolted to the floor.
    Next 3 would probably be:
    BK SOR
    BM66
    GoTG
    Awesome games, just a hair out of my very top tier (for now). I am lucky enough to own BM and plan to add the other two within the next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see BK shoot into my top tier...it's definitely my type of game and I have loved my limited time with it so far.
    The rest are pretty solid games as well, just not on my wish list at this point. Kiss, Aerosmith, and Maiden are all great, and would certainly be welcome in my collection someday. WWE is good fun and I am a fan of the theme. Munsters shoots well and the code is ok, I just wish for more. It hasn't grabbed me yet, but I am not close minded to it. Beatles is fun and I love the theme, but I can't justify a premium price for it. If it was pro priced, I would likely already own one. GB I am just not much of a fan of. Maybe it will grow on me someday, but as of now I have zero urge to own one.

Thanks,

Can you tell me regarding DP pro v premium. With the up/down ramp on the right (I don’t get it) what’s the big deal with that? What else changes gameplay?

Currently own a Maiden pro and consider upgrading to premium but I’m curious why DP is so good? I’ve played pro and LE like them but have not really got the feel of why DP is something special.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Thanks,
    Can you tell me regarding DP pro v premium. With the up/down ramp on the right (I don’t get it) what’s the big deal with that? What else changes gameplay?
    Currently own a Maiden pro and consider upgrading to premium but I’m curious why DP is so good? I’ve played pro and LE like them but have not really got the feel of why DP is something special.

Honestly, it probably isn't "worth it" to upgrade, but it is something I have (irrationally?) in my mind to do. I love good flow, and enjoy loopable shots. While I love DP, it isn't exactly a flow game. Moving up to the premium will add a bit of that element that I enjoy to an already fantastic game. The addition of the Disco Loops mode and a neat lighting trick with the mirror ball elevate that even more. More drop targets are a small adder in my mind. I love the pro art, but the premium is even a hair better to me, at least the cabinet. I love the Magalodon mode, so having the cab themed to that mode is pretty cool. The colors really pop. None of these are enough on their own to make me upgrade, but add them all together, and it becomes attractive to me to upgrade. If it wasn't already one of my favorite games, I probably wouldn't care as much about having the extras either.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Thanks,

On the pro, a left orbit shot dead ends and drops into the pop bumpers. On the Prem, it screams around the full orbit and back to the right flipper. Looping that over and over is very satisfying. I have played both at shows/on location and that single improvement would be reason enough for me to pick the prem.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-best-spike-games?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.