Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 259 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Wolfanoz
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What games do you care to see after the release titles?”

• Ghostbusters 58 votes
      32%
    • Game of Thrones 37 votes
      20%
    • Wrestlemania 17 votes
      9%
    • Tron 70 votes
      38%

(182 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    10 (resized).jpg
    01 (resized).jpg
    02 (resized).JPG
    03 (resized).jpg
    04 (resized).jpg
    05 (resized).jpg
    06 (resized).jpg
    07 (resized).jpg
    08 (resized).jpg
    09 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1176 (resized).PNG
    816r3CklhnL._AC_SX215_ (resized).jpg

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 6 years ago

The app pricing in Australia is fked up.

“Buy acdc $9.99 or buy in a pack with other games $30.99 save 30% “

So pack contains Starship troopers $4.99 , Frankenstein $4.99, Ripelys $4.99, Star Trek $9.99 and Acdc $9.99

So doing the math buying individually equals $34.95
    $34.95 minus 30% equals $24.46

So the app is misleading you don’t save 30% you save around 10% .

2 months later
    #202 6 years ago

Metallica!

#203 6 years ago

FYI,
    If you're a 3D Vision user and are into FX2, know that the move to FX3 will kill your 3D vision. FX3 does not support it. This is too bad because FX2 in 3d Vision is awesome. Better than a pin cab IMHO. Of coarse I built my own controller box with snapping relays on the flipper buttons for more realism like on a pin cab.
    09 (resized).jpg09 (resized).jpg
    08 (resized).jpg08 (resized).jpg
    07 (resized).jpg07 (resized).jpg
    06 (resized).jpg06 (resized).jpg
    05 (resized).jpg05 (resized).jpg
    04 (resized).jpg04 (resized).jpg
    03 (resized).jpg03 (resized).jpg
    02 (resized).JPG02 (resized).JPG
    01 (resized).jpg01 (resized).jpg

10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago: This controller is for both The Pinball Arcade and FX2 or 3

#204 6 years ago

Is Metallica coming to Pinball Arcade?

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is Metallica coming to Pinball Arcade?

I was hoping but nothing said so far.

#206 6 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I was hoping but nothing said so far.

Oh ok. Im sure it will be on there someday.

#207 6 years ago

Now that Ghostbusters is here, I want to see TRON!

#208 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Now that Ghostbusters is here, I want to see TRON!

Ghostbusters to me just doesn’t feel right on TPA. I think they did a pretty terrible job on that table.

#209 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ghostbusters to me just doesn’t feel right on TPA. I think they did a pretty terrible job on that table.

It's awful. The scoops have terrible settings and the magna slings suck on digital.

#210 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Everything is slow and lags. Even on the most powerful platforms.

Expect for the ghosts in the Ecto Goggle. The movie 3 times too fast!

#211 6 years ago

On the flip side, I've been playing the shit out of GB on my phone and love it. I'm hours away from the real machine, my iPad is too old to load the newer games so the phone will have to do. Perfect? Probably not, but I'm having a blast just getting a general idea for the rules. Keep em coming!

#212 6 years ago

I'm just waiting for the Switch version to accommodate portrait mode and then I'm good!

IMG_1971 (resized).JPGIMG_1971 (resized).JPG

#213 6 years ago

I jumped from ipad to nintendo switch version for stern pa. Never looked back, love it!! Does need a tate mode.

If you buy the correct pack, you can buy acd dc back in black, acdc le other name and star trek le for 8.49€. Mustang and ghostbusters le are also in a 8.49€ Dlc pack.

Normal premium versions are 8.49€ for acd dc premieum only. Or star trek premium only. The le dlc should only work when you first bought the premium version. But both le packs work without it also. So buy the dlc pack with the le pins.

It really is fantastic in handheld on the switch.

Hope the normal pinball arcade switch version is coming soon.

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I gotta agree. Something about it is just off. Not a good representation of the actual table.

#215 6 years ago

What is TATE? I noticed they updated the Switch to 1.2 and there is an option in there for TATE/Portrait but when you hit it, it flashes the mode real quick but then stays normal. When you go back in the options it says off again. Typical Farsight bugs.

OT, I did spend some time on the Jurassic Park Pinball FX3 release and some good stuff there.

#216 6 years ago

TATE is the Japanese arcade term for "portrait orientation of monitor".

#217 6 years ago

It looks like they updated it and just like Pinball FX push the minus key to rotate the screen.

2 weeks later
    #218 5 years ago

I was wondering if anyone else bought a physical copy of Stern Pinball arcade for the switch. It shipped 1.0, and updated to 1.1 after using the game initially. I've noticed something strange. I downloaded the game from the e-shop to play Frankenstein for free and try it out, I noticed at the time the software was updated to 1.2 which included landscape/portrait modes yet my cartridge version remains at ver 1.1 even after attempting to check/force and update. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or they're updating one and fixing the other later on? Early this morning i did see an update for version 1.3 and I was still was unable to update successfully.

Also, all of the games play better than my iOS versions but Ghost Busters has most of the same issues on the switch. the audio sounds clipped/over modulated on both.

#219 5 years ago

Yes, they posted in their latest newsletter that a patch for the cartridge version is coming shortly. The static in the Ghostbusters audio is annoying and a bit of slow down here and there, but I sure do like playing them on my rotated TV.

4 weeks later
    #220 5 years ago

Posting to see if anyone has seen an update on TPA coming to Switch. Stern PA is there, and Nintendo has send a new alert that TPA was coming. They rolled it out to other regions, but apparently had to pull back the US version due to licensing issues. Their Facebook page says as much, but no updates since early April.

We enjoy using TPA on an iPad to learn the rule sets, and check out tables we have never played to get a sense if they are worth seeking out. The switch controllers are far superior to tapping the glass on an iPad, but right now we are limited to the tables in the Stern arcade.

Did I miss an update in another thread by chance?

#221 5 years ago

Nope, it will come back, but no date yet. But i think it will be soon, i am waiting for it.

PA on my Switch is awesome!

#222 5 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Nope, it will come back, but no date yet. But i think it will be soon, i am waiting for it.
    PA on my Switch is awesome!

Agreed.. The experience on the switch is far superior to that on an iPad, and the ability to take it mobile is a plus.

#223 5 years ago

I spent way too much again re-buying the TPA tables for Switch. It is worth it though, even with a few of the glitches and occasional slowdown, further justifying my portrait mounted TV in my game room. I didn't realize though that they pulled it from the store after I got it though.

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from Groo:

Yes, they posted in their latest newsletter that a patch for the cartridge version is coming shortly. The static in the Ghostbusters audio is annoying and a bit of slow down here and there, but I sure do like playing them on my rotated TV.

saw this thread up near the top... i forgot to factor in FarSight time difference into the equation. I'm not knocking them they're on every platform but soon & shortly sometimes translates to a couple months or more

#225 5 years ago

And it looks like 1.3 was waiting for me when I got home today ghostbusters audio sounds much better. And the vertical/horizontal feature seems to be working too.

1 month later
    #226 5 years ago

Folks, just a reminder you have until June 30th to buy all the Bally Williams tables as they're going bye bye after that. I really think Bally / Williams is either making a comeback making real pins again or they are switching to another company for virtual purposes. We'll see.

#227 5 years ago

I sure hope that Scientific Games is doing something with the license. It would be a shame for it to just sit there and rot. Even if Scientific didn't want to be bothered with dealing with the intellectual property because they have bigger fish to fry they should at least sell it off so that it can be appreciated by fans and put a little coin in their corporate coffers. It will be interesting to see if there is any sort of announcement about the Williams stuff in early July. Fingers crossed.

#228 5 years ago

I would think that they are probably doing something themselves. it would seem rather odd (and kind of dumb) to leave all this money on the table, even if it were that SGI thought that they could get more money

I liken it to an owner of a strip mall that would rather have empty stores because he wants more money from his tenants. get the [new] tenant(s) signed to a lease agreement before kicking out the old one(s) so that you're still receiving income

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I would think that they are probably doing something themselves. it would seem rather odd (and kind of dumb) to leave all this money on the table, even if it were that SGI thought that they could get more money
    I liken it to an owner of a strip mall that would rather have empty stores because he wants more money from his tenants. get the [new] tenant(s) signed to a lease agreement before kicking out the old one(s) so that you're still receiving income

Agreed. They KNOW how popular pinball is again. Would not be shocked at all if they restart that operation and remake games on top of new licenses. I would welcome it highly if its the same quality and build of their previous efforts. I have four of them in my place so I'm a big fan.

#230 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Folks, just a reminder you have until June 30th to buy all the Bally Williams tables as they're going bye bye after that. I really think Bally / Williams is either making a comeback making real pins again or they are switching to another company for virtual purposes. We'll see.

I doubt Scientific Games would get into the pin business since Slot machines are more profitable. With the remakes through Chicago Gaming i just dont see sg making games

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from Herm:

I doubt Scientific Games would get into the pin business since Slot machines are more profitable. With the remakes through Chicago Gaming i just dont see sg making games

Yea.. besides, this license is only for the electronic versions. The best guess has to be someone else is getting the license for that exact purpose.....

2 months later
    #232 5 years ago

Are any new games being released or is this dead?

#233 5 years ago

Big Juicy Melons
    Big Buck Hunter
    Are supposedly soon
    I’ve heard a rumor of GoT but that I think that is just a guess. Farsight has only released one table that I know of this year in Banzai Run. They are way overdue.

#234 5 years ago

GOT (real one needs an code update) But does stern even have the rights to run more games or do they need to renew them?

#235 5 years ago
    Quoted from CreepyTom:

Big Juicy Melons
    Big Buck Hunter
    Are supposedly soon

shhhh! its a secret and I am spewing as I own both games!
    Maybe people will realise the simple fun these 2 treasures are?

#236 5 years ago

Whoa Nellie is pretty much done. Still some work to do on Big Buck, last I heard. Then they will be released. No release date yet. No other releases confirmed.

4 months later
    #237 5 years ago

It's been roughly 4 months or so since Cantaloupe Hooters and Kill-A-Deer...
    So what's next?

#238 5 years ago

When's Iron Maiden coming?

4 months later
    #239 4 years ago

I have a feeling that Farsight is done.

#240 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a feeling that Farsight is done.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I think you may be right.

#241 4 years ago

They are releasing games VERY soon!

#242 4 years ago

Looks fun

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

They are releasing games VERY soon!

Oh yeah? What games have you heard about? Younarent talking about the new Zen tables that are coming out are you?

#244 4 years ago

Its not real pinball but its still fun to play around on them. Good for learning rules on games also.

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh yeah? What games have you heard about? Younarent talking about the new Zen tables that are coming out are you?

Definitely not, IMO Farsight do a waaaaaay better job with physics than Zen. Zen just looks a little better, but you don't play graphics.

#246 4 years ago

Yeah i kind of agree but not totally. Some Zen tables like MM play great and the Farsight games have a way too easy nudge on them but otherwise play great. You can literally play the pinball arcade tables for hours sometimes because of how easy you can manipulate the ball. Its fun but not realistic at all. I like both versions honestly. Even if Zen isnt as good i can get 3 dollars per table worth of fun out of them easily.

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah i kind of agree but not totally. Some Zen tables like MM play great and the Farsight games have a way too easy nudge on them but otherwise play great. You can literally play the pinball arcade tables for hours sometimes because of how easy you can manipulate the ball. Its fun but not realistic at all. I like both versions honestly. Even if Zen isnt as good i can get 3 dollars per table worth of fun out of them easily.

It is obvious that Zen has more resources and/or talent on their developer team. The Farsight U/I is really terrible and the release schedule for the Stern games is painfully slow. Stern would be better off if Zen had the license at this point for sure. I think Zen has done an excellent job with the Williams Collection for the most part. Also, the physics can be adjusted with the Zen tables.

#248 4 years ago

Stern has signed with zen. This game is done

#249 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Stern has signed with zenn. This game is done

What are you talkinf about delt? You nean stern has signed with Farsight right?

#250 4 years ago

I believe they signed with Zen. Farsight is done with. Video below explains why. Not formal yet but explains why NO new games for what feels like years at this point. As long as Zen sticks with their new physics and abandons that absolute garbage they used before it (williams) I'm fine.

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-arcade/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.