Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 259 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Wolfanoz
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What games do you care to see after the release titles?”

• Ghostbusters 58 votes
      32%
    • Game of Thrones 37 votes
      20%
    • Wrestlemania 17 votes
      9%
    • Tron 70 votes
      38%

(182 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    10 (resized).jpg
    01 (resized).jpg
    02 (resized).JPG
    03 (resized).jpg
    04 (resized).jpg
    05 (resized).jpg
    06 (resized).jpg
    07 (resized).jpg
    08 (resized).jpg
    09 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1176 (resized).PNG
    816r3CklhnL._AC_SX215_ (resized).jpg
    There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Oh come on how exactly did it compromise your steam password? A steam game doesn't have access to your steam password.

Sometimes the failure is between the keyboard and the chair!

#152 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Sometimes the failure is between the keyboard and the chair!

PEBKAC

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Although I like the Stern tables so far, it is disappointing that Pinball Arcade is ignoring my request for a credit for mistakingly overcharging me $10 on AC/DC.
    I wrote to them on their Facebook page and they're answering everyone else's question but mine. I've been loyal and own every PA table. Kind of sucks.

Not surprising at all, this company doesn't give a shit about its customers. Been waiting for them to finish season 5 on xbone for over a year.

1 week later
    #154 7 years ago

Anyone else have a burn out bulb on ST's alpha ramp!? It registers but never lights up!

This app has made me fall in love with this game, been playing non stop and putting up with the iPhone hand cramps!

#155 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Anyone else have a burn out bulb on ST's alpha ramp!? It registers but never lights up!
    This app has made me fall in love with this game, been playing non stop and putting up with the iPhone hand cramps!

The PS4 version is really sweet. I like it more than AC/DC and Mustang....makes me want a real one.

#156 7 years ago

Does anyone know when Ghostbusters is coming out on PS4?

#157 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Does anyone know when Ghostbusters is coming out on PS4?

As soon as they figure out how to solve the ghosting problems on the digital playfields.

#158 7 years ago

Wow, the IOS version UI is absolutely atrocious! Poor button placement, buttons that overlap the edge of the UI, images with tons of compression artifacts, and a cludgy UI in general. If the actual games were crappy I'd be PISSED. So much worse than the main version it's kind of amazing they released it.

#159 7 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

As soon as they figure out how to solve the ghosting problems on the digital playfields.

I think it would be hilarious if the GB on Stern Pinball Arcade had ghosted inserts!

#160 7 years ago

The problem for me is that the game is too easy right now, I bought Mustang to try it out along with Frankenstein and I got bored to death after one game because it was taking so long for both of them. I've played Mustang in real life and I was no where near as good in real life as in the virtual world.

#161 7 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

The problem for me is that the game is too easy right now, I bought Mustang to try it out along with Frankenstein and I got bored to death after one game because it was taking so long for both of them. I've played Mustang in real life and I was no where near as good in real life as in the virtual world.

That's just the nature between real pinball and virtual pinball. You can't compare them and you shouldn't.

#162 7 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

The PS4 version is really sweet. I like it more than AC/DC and Mustang....makes me want a real one.

I that's part of Stern's overall strategy with this: To get people who might not otherwise have access to their pins to like them so much they'll buy the real thing.

I know that I absolutely MUST HAVE a Star Trek at some point. The great thing about this version is that you can use it to learn the rules and then kick butt on a real version. For example, I had played the brick and mortar ST numerous times but never got more than 8-9 million points. After playing a few hours on the PA version I went back to a real ST and employed my new-found knowledge, and since that time I'm able to get a replay at least 50% of the time.

#163 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's just the nature between real pinball and virtual pinball. You can't compare them and you shouldn't.

Yes, you should compare them. The problem is, the virtual pinball has to get better. It's trying to emulate a physical experience, and it's failing horribly.

#164 7 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Yes, you should compare them. The problem is, the virtual pinball has to get better. It's trying to emulate a physical experience, and it's failing horribly.

Never gonna happen. Its impossible for a computer game to be like the real thing. There's always room for improvement but all in all I think Farsight does a fantastic job on the game

#165 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Never gonna happen. Its impossible for a computer game to be like the real thing. There's always room for improvement but all in all I think Farsight does a fantastic job on the game

LOL.. It's terrible. It can be better. You know how I know this? because VP is much more realistic, even though it's still deeply flawed.

1 month later
    #166 7 years ago

SPA Steam Version.
    Well I figured out that you have to hit Alt+Enter twice. The first time puts the game in window mode. The second time makes it full screen. For some reason it loads up in some messed up resolution and the game looks like shit. Now it is great just like TPA. AC/DC and Star Trek rock now. All the Stern tables I purchased in TPA come up unlocked in SPA now. Awesome Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#167 7 years ago

Anyone know why Mustang is Free and yet shows up locked when you scroll down in the menu? They want $10.00 to unlock. Steam fails to explain why?

1 week later
    #168 7 years ago

Unless you're playing on a cell phone (Android anyway), its broken for Android tablets still which is the optimum experience. Last time I spend money up front to FarSight. They need better QA before games are released.

#169 7 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Anyone know why Mustang is Free and yet shows up locked when you scroll down in the menu? They want $10.00 to unlock. Steam fails to explain why?

Mustang is the free table of the month. Permanent ownership requires $10.

#170 7 years ago

Well, Mustang is free on my android phone since when I installed SPA.... no wonder since it's the worst game stern has built like... ever!

#171 7 years ago

Had a chance to talk to Norman Stepansky (FarSight audio designer) at ArcadeExpo 3.0 last weekend who indicated they are working towards another new release in April hopefully. When pressed whether or not it was Ghostbusters, he said to wait and see so fingers crossed.

#172 7 years ago

the android version is total crap. farsight is doing a money grab. sad to see but at this point the app is horrid I think it is removed from the driod store right now

#173 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, Mustang is free on my android phone since when I installed SPA.... no wonder since it's the worst game stern has built like... ever!

Mustang is the worst game Stern ever built?? Umm....not hardly!

#174 7 years ago
    Quoted from pumpkinlad:

Had a chance to talk to Norman Stepansky (FarSight audio designer) at ArcadeExpo 3.0 last weekend who indicated they are working towards another new release in April hopefully. When pressed whether or not it was Ghostbusters, he said to wait and see so fingers crossed.

It is definitely Ghostbusters. Farsight has previously announced that it is the next release. My bet is that they are waiting for the next big code update before releasing it in SPA.

#175 7 years ago

The tables are great but should have the same options and menus that TPA does. No changing ball types, no multiple player games as far as I know, launch or extra button is fixed and not adjustable, tilt schemes can't be changed. Does Farsight take any pride along with Stern for this app?

#176 7 years ago
    Quoted from LewisD:

Mustang is the free table of the month. Permanent ownership requires $10.

Funny that it has been free since I first installed it. Maybe they haven't changed it yet. Probably will in next patch.

#177 7 years ago

Facebook:
    "A limited re-release of Stern Pinball Arcade has just been unleashed for Google Play!
    Due to the resources needed for ROM emulation in Stern Pinball Arcade, we've released for a limited number of devices and will be expanding this to include more devices over time."

Google Play:
    x This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

great fairsight ( )

#178 7 years ago

I bought this a month ago and still play it daily...Loving me some digital ST. Just wish they'd release all the Stern tables so that I can play X-Men and TSPP.

1 month later
    #179 6 years ago

Looks like Farsight is still promising "soon" for releasing Ghostbusters on Stern Pinball Arcade, might see it before Christmas at this rate

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinballarcade/posts/1658807530800756

1 week later
    #180 6 years ago

Where is all the support for this app? No different ball color options, can't adjust position of launch or special button, no additional player options. For a opportunity to make Farsight some good cash, they sure are dropping the ball on this.

#181 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where is all the support for this app? No different ball color options, can't adjust position of launch or special button, no additional player options. For a opportunity to make Farsight some good cash, they sure are dropping the ball on this.

You can change the ball colors in the options. Special type balls as well (8-balls, Klingon type balls). As for the positions and all, they try to make things standard for the scoreboards.

3 months later
    #182 6 years ago

Can someone confirm if they can d/l Ghostbusters for PS4? I go to get it and it's there to buy but won't let me. I see others on youtube have it. Anyone have luck with PS4 and GB?

#183 6 years ago

is ghostbusters any good on this platform? The first run of tables where terrible, I'm waiting for the Steam version to buy it

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Can someone confirm if they can d/l Ghostbusters for PS4? I go to get it and it's there to buy but won't let me. I see others on youtube have it. Anyone have luck with PS4 and GB?

It was just there for me when I started the game on my PS4 last night... didn't have to pay for it or anything, it just showed up as one of the available tables.

#185 6 years ago

So I found out that if you bought bundle 2, it's avail now. I just bought bundle 2.

The gameplays well actually - the best of the stern tables avail imo. Sound is lacking if you own the original.

#186 6 years ago
    Quoted from alistaircg:

is ghostbusters any good on this platform? The first run of tables where terrible, I'm waiting for the Steam version to buy it

Worst table of the bunch IMO. I was really disappointed.

#187 6 years ago

I don't get disappointed with TPA or SPA anymore.... I expect the worse, and all I get is the worse...

#188 6 years ago

Pinball FX 3 (even though it's mostly non realistic as far as characters and animations on the game) is great. Physics are better than TPA / SPA and they allow carryover of your games you've bought to the new platform. Sadly you wouldn't see that with FarSight as you had to rebuy your games going from PS3 to PS4. FarSight I used to love but seems as though they either just don't have the talent to put together a better experience much less fixing the games that are already out (have balls that will occasionally go right through the flipper). The amateur Visual Pinball crowd puts together amazing recreations more than they do for free.

#189 6 years ago

I always get excited whenever this thread has new posts. But then it turns out that the only thing being updated is...this thread

#190 6 years ago

I do like Ghostbusters btw but a lot of issues with it. Physics and the ball feel really off. And the left mode hole eject goes SDTM.

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Pinball FX 3 (even though it's mostly non realistic as far as characters and animations on the game) is great. Physics are better than TPA / SPA and they allow carryover of your games you've bought to the new platform. Sadly you wouldn't see that with FarSight as you had to rebuy your games going from PS3 to PS4. FarSight I used to love but seems as though they either just don't have the talent to put together a better experience much less fixing the games that are already out (have balls that will occasionally go right through the flipper). The amateur Visual Pinball crowd puts together amazing recreations more than they do for free.

Zen Pinball FX 3 is really good!

#192 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the constant tournaments and the way you can make your own with your own rules. One ball do or death is awesome.

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is that for PS4? I use to never liked zen games, because I preferred real tables over "made up" tables, but I'll have to revisit Zen again. I tried the Bethesda games they had and was ehhh on them.

#194 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Is that for PS4? I use to never liked zen games, because I preferred real tables over "made up" tables, but I'll have to revisit Zen again. I tried the Bethesda games they had and was ehhh on them.

Yes, PS4, XBONE and PC. You wont be sorry. I actually really like the new BTTF table as well as Jaws. Doom and Aliens are recent favorites.

#195 6 years ago

Is there any info on GB release on the SPA app for iOS?

2 months later
    #196 6 years ago

Just got the Switch version and will probably uninstall it. Seeing Zen hit the night before and being able to play it in portrait mode AND also allowing to play it on the TV in portrait was awesome. They even gave away their 2 new tables for free. SPA looks like a straight port from an iPhone, the joystick doesn't even work to select your menu items, and no portrait mode that I can see. Such a disappointment.

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from Groo:

Just got the Switch version and will probably uninstall it. Seeing Zen hit the night before and being able to play it in portrait mode AND also allowing to play it on the TV in portrait was awesome. They even gave away their 2 new tables for free. SPA looks like a straight port from an iPhone, the joystick doesn't even work to select your menu items, and no portrait mode that I can see. Such a disappointment.

Funny you mentioned it. I had the exact same experience. Too bad I find zens Pinball just not fun at all but it's such a better "game".

#198 6 years ago
    Quoted from Groo:

Quoted from delt31:

Funny you mentioned it. I had the exact same experience. Too bad I find zens Pinball just not fun at all but it's such a better "game".

Thanks for this. I was going to (re)buy it on Christmas, but it looks like I'll just go with Zen.

I assume the regular PA for Switch has the same issues?

#199 6 years ago

Is there a regular Pinball arcade? Didn't see it

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Is there a regular Pinball arcade? Didn't see it

I just assumed.

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-arcade/page/4?hl=lewisd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.