Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 259 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Wolfanoz
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What games do you care to see after the release titles?”

• Ghostbusters 58 votes
      32%
    • Game of Thrones 37 votes
      20%
    • Wrestlemania 17 votes
      9%
    • Tron 70 votes
      38%

(182 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    10 (resized).jpg
    01 (resized).jpg
    02 (resized).JPG
    03 (resized).jpg
    04 (resized).jpg
    05 (resized).jpg
    06 (resized).jpg
    07 (resized).jpg
    08 (resized).jpg
    09 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1176 (resized).PNG
    816r3CklhnL._AC_SX215_ (resized).jpg
    There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 7 years ago

OK - found it on steam but.... added to my wishlist because it's still not available.

#102 7 years ago

Just played Star Trek on my iPad and phone and pleasantly surprised except it's a little broken when you get s high score , freezes up every time and can't input initials . Physics are very good and they have really improved it over earlier you tubes I watched both in looks and feel.

#103 7 years ago

Played on my iPad Pro 12" and it it not possible to enter initials. But sound and physics are perfect.

#104 7 years ago

Can anyone confirm - If I buy this from my Android PHONE, can I play it on my Android TABLET?

First attempt indicates the app/devices are not aware of each other.

Anyone know?

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

Can anyone confirm - If I buy this from my Android PHONE, can I play it on my Android TABLET?
    First attempt indicates the app/devices are not aware of each other.
    Also, Pack says $9.99, but when I click it says $19.99. What gives?

As long as you use the same Google account on both devices it should work on both.-at least that's how it works with the standard version of Pinball Arcade.

#106 7 years ago

That's what I expected, but not seeing that.

Purchased StarTrek from PHONE. Table is still locked on TABLET. (both tied to my Google Acct)

Hmmm

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcfly:

Just played Star Trek on my iPad and phone and pleasantly surprised except it's a little broken when you get s high score , freezes up every time and can't input initials . Physics are very good and they have really improved it over earlier you tubes I watched both in looks and feel.

Yeah, a high score forces you to close the app, then restart it. Farsight is aware of it and a fix should be coming. They just wanted to get it out so people could play while off from school/work for the holidays.

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

That's what I expected, but not seeing that.
    Purchased StarTrek from PHONE. Table is still locked on TABLET. (both tied to my Google Acct)
    Hmmm

OK, looks like the app purchase info has propagated to my Tablet.

Any clue how to reach the ACTION button? It's cutoff the bottom of the display on my phone and tablet (on all the view modes). I see what looks like an alternate Action button overlay on the righthand edge, but it does not seem to be functional. Hopefully just growing pains for Farsight.

#109 7 years ago

Pretty good. Even hear the flipper buzz when trapping a ball on ST.

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from busa32927:

I use to be a farsight fan. I had great hopes for this. downloaded for the ps4 and acdc is crap. frankenstein is crap. all too dark looks very blocky compared to the phone version. how do u make a game look so bad compared to previous systems. theory hands are in too many baskets. time stern gives a other studio a shot.

all Stearn really needs to do sell the roms or do as they are and let the other guys keep doing what they have been doing for years.

PC people do not want ports or stuff cut down so it runs good on a phone and then be ported to pc.

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

Played on my iPad Pro 12" and it it not possible to enter initials. But sound and physics are perfect.

They need have an mode the drops all of the emu hooks and go full emu mode with out them getting in the way.

#112 7 years ago

They need to refine a lot. No options for different colored or specialized balls, you can't move the fire button position, no operator control to change settings. All these options are available on TPA, so why not on SPA?

#113 7 years ago

it would be funny if Ghostbusters pinball has ghosting on the inserts when it comes out. Maybe they could program that into the code so after a few hundred plays this starts occurring. The air balls would be hard to simulate too I reckon, maybe they can put the air ball protector on the game.
    It is good to have Star Trek to play over the holidays, I have been trying unsuccessfully to get to the wizard mode.

#114 7 years ago

I managed to map a PS4 controller to my Android Tablet via "sixaxis". Works great. Now if I could only get a little force-feedback, it'd be pretty realistic.

#115 7 years ago

Got it for my Android phone. Thanks for the heads up. So far, I've just been playing the free Mustang table, and man.. that thing seems to be a drain fest with a huge flipper gap. I don't remember that game being so bad in real life when I played a few rounds on it at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor. Maybe it's just me?

I plan on downloading the pack with AC/DC this weekend. The original Pinball Arcade and this Stern Pinball Arcade are fun diversions when I'm on the go or have some downtime at the office.

#116 7 years ago

I really hope the Steam version improves...

#117 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I thought that all of the latest stern titles were supposed to be in this (eg. iron man, spiderman, metallica)
    given that the physical copy of the pinball arcade for the ps4 was only $30 and contained 40 tables, I hope that for the $40 MSRP, there are more than 4-5 tables on the disc

10 games not all Stern games

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

game play seems to be the same as what we've come to expect from them with no variation in how the ball moves. take a shot, regardless of the [speed] that it appears to be traveling at, and the ball behaves in the exact same manner, every. single. time.

Agreed, there's definite limitations in their physics model, but it's enjoyable to play for 5-10 minutes at a time.

#119 7 years ago

Wow I take a look at this thread and still I find whiny little bitches complaining about price code and modes

#120 7 years ago

Mobile version is terrible and needs updates to fix all the bugs. I can't adjust the volume during a game? PS4 version plays a lot better, and I'm glad they fixed the poor lighting issue. Will have to buy ST and wait for GB to get released. Hopefully they release games like GoT and Spiderman.

#121 7 years ago

Spider-Man, kiss, Metallica & tron are top on my list. Maybe a classic like stars or seawitch too. I bought the first pack and it's awesome being able to play Star Trek & ACDC in bed. Hopefully a bug fix will be arriving soon

#122 7 years ago

Only DX11 for Steam ?!?!?! That's a real bummer...

#123 7 years ago

What I find funny, and frustrating, is that the "Stern Pinball Arcade" seems very inferior to the standard Pinball Arcade by Farsight, especially in VR. Everything in the Stern specific version seems off and not as polished as the standard game which appears to be of higher quality.

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

all Stearn really needs to do sell the roms or do as they are and let the other guys keep doing what they have been doing for years.
    PC people do not want ports or stuff cut down so it runs good on a phone and then be ported to pc.

You are correct.
    I only play the virtual version from the PC community that use the actual game roms.
    Not some hacked up version.

#125 7 years ago

Does anyone else not have the ability to put their initials on a game?

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

I know in the iOS version you can't. Should be a fix coming. But for now you have to quit out.

#127 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

You can on the PS4...not yet on iOS.

#128 7 years ago

On iOS only if you play with a controller like nimbus.

#129 7 years ago

msg on Steam:

Patch
    27 DECEMBER - MIKEFARSIGHT
    Small patch today that fixes the following issues.

- Fixed keyboard input for gameplay
    - Hide password on login screen
    - Fixed config tool not remembering settings

More fixes coming over the next few weeks.

#130 7 years ago

Hmm, looks like Stern Pinball Arcade has been pulled from the Google Play Store. Not seeing the listing today from my phone or my laptop. Maybe just a glitch??

Hopefully they can address the issues and re-release a solid offering.

Main issue: Playfield is clipped just above the flippers on my Pixel XL and Samsung S2 Tablet in portrait mode. Also, action button on Star Trek is flaky (though, seems to work via my paired PS4 controller).

#131 7 years ago

I cannot understand why a company would release software that isn't properly working yet. And why they would release the buggy versions on all platforms? Good God, whoever dictated the early release of these buggy versions should lose their job. I tried both the Steam and Android versions. Steam version was unplayable and compromised my Steam password. Android version would not close (must be force-stopped from Android app. settings or phone must be turned off to close). Ridiculous. Farsight, I am not a playtester! If you expect us to be playtesters, we should get a discount.

#132 7 years ago

I just downloaded Star Trek premium table on Gear VR. Game plays perfect for me and is the closest to real thing ive ever played in video game form. I used a bluetooth controller and bose headphones and game reacted and sounded like the real thing.

#133 7 years ago

Any plans for this on the HTC Vive.
    I see Pinball FX2 has vive content already.

#134 7 years ago

When is Ghostbusters set to be released on PS4?

#135 7 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

I just downloaded Star Trek premium table on Gear VR. Game plays perfect for me and is the closest to real thing ive ever played in video game form. I used a bluetooth controller and bose headphones and game reacted and sounded like the real thing.

Isn't the Samsung Gear similar to Google Cardboard (using a Samsung phone?) Can't you see all the pixels? I enjoy these phone-based VR apps but the pixels are too visible and drive me nuts. It's like VR through mosquito netting. Still, its good to know the VR is working. Looking forward to trying it out some time.

#136 7 years ago

I just bought AC/DC off Steam and compared to TPA it is a joke! Graphics and GUI suck ass.

#137 7 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Isn't the Samsung Gear similar to Google Cardboard (using a Samsung phone?) Can't you see all the pixels? I enjoy these phone-based VR apps but the pixels are too visible and drive me nuts. It's like VR through mosquito netting. Still, its good to know the VR is working. Looking forward to trying it out some time.

yeah im using a samsung s6 with the new Gear VR. I have to use a ice pack to keep the phone from overheating in 10 minutes, last about 1 hour with each ice pack. I dont think game looks to pixilated really. Frankenstein is pretty ugly compared to Star Trek though on it. The ramps feel smooth, warp ramp is sweet to hit and sound effects are point on. The flippers are pretty responsive compared to normal flipper response, ball doesnt feel floaty or to fake either. i have Google cardboard and its not as good as Oculus visually.

#138 7 years ago

Well I was holding out with my PS3 a little longer but at this point I'm wondering if Stern Pinball Arcade will even be released for PS3 or if I'll end up just getting a PS4 so I don't have to wait that long.

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

yeah im using a samsung s6 with the new Gear VR. I have to use a ice pack to keep the phone from overheating in 10 minutes, last about 1 hour with each ice pack. I dont think game looks to pixilated really. Frankenstein is pretty ugly compared to Star Trek though on it. The ramps feel smooth, warp ramp is sweet to hit and sound effects are point on. The flippers are pretty responsive compared to normal flipper response, ball doesnt feel floaty or to fake either. i have Google cardboard and its not as good as Oculus visually.

I noticed the same thing when I was running a VR roller coaster simulator on my Moto X with cardboard. Got really hot, really fast!

#140 7 years ago

I got it for Xbox One. Pretty f**king awful. In most cases I would say that having this is better than no pinball at all, but I'm not sure I can even say that. Now I'm stuck with an albatross that nobody will want to buy off of me.

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I just bought AC/DC off Steam and compared to TPA it is a joke! Graphics and GUI suck ass.

Agree, its pretty bad. Hey, maybe just like in real life the game will get a code update in 6+ months, lol.

#142 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree, its pretty bad. Hey, maybe just like in real life the game will get a code update in 6+ months, lol.

and you have wait for apple / PSN / etc to do there review as well.

#143 7 years ago

Issues I've found so far on Android (S6 & Tablet):

- AC/DC: Fire button does not work at all, can't fire cannon.

- Can't adjust volume once in app. Have to switch to home screen to adjust.

- And then the app does not show up in list of running apps. Have to click on the app icon to get back in.

- Sometimes when first starting the app it just automatically puts me in "Starship Troopers" for no reason at all.

#144 7 years ago

I was so excited for this. What a let down. I would buy an oculus rift for this if it was any good.

#145 7 years ago

The ios version is really good (imo), other than the super annoying initial entry bug. Hope they get this all fixed up on all platforms.

1 week later
    #146 7 years ago

Looks like they fixed the high score entry problem. Has anybody noticed you can't play multi players? No options in menu. They seriously need more updates to these tables.

#147 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Looks like they fixed the high score entry problem. Has anybody noticed you can't play multi players? No options in menu. They seriously need more updates to these tables.

Coming soon, but send money now.

#148 7 years ago

FWIW I bought the PS4 digital version early in its release (the first week?) and was pretty disappointed initially, in particular in regards to horrendous lighting choices and the inability to adjust lighting levels (e.g. you could almost not see the vengeance ship in Star Trek at all, the top of the playfield was so dark).

BUT a day or two after purchasing they released an update that included fixing and the ability to adjust the lighting levels (Yay, I can see what I am doing!). Since then I have had enough play time to be happy with my purchases.

Graphics on the PS4 seem good to me, ball physics seem much MUCH improved over prior Pinball Arcade versions, I haven't noticed any bugs, and I am looking forward to buying the "Mustang/Ghostbusters" pack when GB is released.

By no means have I put a huge amount of time into this game (Christmas and Forza Horizon 3 have sucked up most of my time lately) but I am happy with the PS4 version at this point.

#149 7 years ago

Although I like the Stern tables so far, it is disappointing that Pinball Arcade is ignoring my request for a credit for mistakingly overcharging me $10 on AC/DC.

I wrote to them on their Facebook page and they're answering everyone else's question but mine. I've been loyal and own every PA table. Kind of sucks.

#150 7 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Steam version was unplayable and compromised my Steam password.

Oh come on how exactly did it compromise your steam password? A steam game doesn't have access to your steam password.

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-arcade/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.