Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 259 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Wolfanoz
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What games do you care to see after the release titles?”

• Ghostbusters 58 votes
      32%
    • Game of Thrones 37 votes
      20%
    • Wrestlemania 17 votes
      9%
    • Tron 70 votes
      38%

(182 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    10 (resized).jpg
    01 (resized).jpg
    02 (resized).JPG
    03 (resized).jpg
    04 (resized).jpg
    05 (resized).jpg
    06 (resized).jpg
    07 (resized).jpg
    08 (resized).jpg
    09 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1176 (resized).PNG
    816r3CklhnL._AC_SX215_ (resized).jpg

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 7 years ago

Just downloaded and decided to give it a whirl....Seems laggy, flippers aren't quite a responsive as a real game and thus my timing is off.....Anyone else?

#52 7 years ago

I want to download but waiting until it comes to IOS anyone know when that will happen

#53 7 years ago

It's weird they decided to solely focus on PS4 to start versus PC. They do the same thing with TPA implementing updates to PS4 and gettting to PC months (or years) later.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's weird they decided to solely focus on PS4 to start versus PC. They do the same thing with TPA implementing updates to PS4 and gettting to PC months (or years) later.

Not really.. The ps4 is a $300 box. An equivalent PC could cost $400-$1200 to run it right. Most of us don't upgrade our PC's anymore because it's good enough (unless you game on a PC) in which case you may still decide not to upgrade to the latest CPU but instead focus on the latest video card. Only way I would buy it on the PC is if they actually do an arcade mode where I can run it as a virtual cabinet using dual monitors.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from venom112:

I want to download but waiting until it comes to IOS anyone know when that will happen

A Farsight employee recently said they are trying to get it out on mobile and PC before Christmas.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm on the PS4 as well and I don't have any lag at all. Does your TV have a "game mode" setting on it? If so that will fix your problem if it's not turned on. I think the game plays amazing.

You guys were right. That fixed it. It's enjoyable now.

#57 7 years ago

I use to be a farsight fan. I had great hopes for this. downloaded for the ps4 and acdc is crap. frankenstein is crap. all too dark looks very blocky compared to the phone version. how do u make a game look so bad compared to previous systems. theory hands are in too many baskets. time stern gives a other studio a shot.

#58 7 years ago

Sorry if this was already mentioned. Just turned on my ps4 stern pin app and it updated. New version. 1.02 I think? Anyways, star trek is way brighter and playable now. Didn't look at any other tables yet.

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from busa32927:

I use to be a farsight fan. I had great hopes for this. downloaded for the ps4 and acdc is crap. frankenstein is crap. all too dark looks very blocky compared to the phone version. how do u make a game look so bad compared to previous systems. theory hands are in too many baskets. time stern gives a other studio a shot.

The new patch has fixed the lighting issues and it's awesome. Give it a try, I think you will be happy.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sticky:

You guys were right. That fixed it. It's enjoyable now.

Awesome, I'm glad that worked for you. Stern Pinall Arcade is really a great game!

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

Just saw on slickdeals that Stern pinball arcade for Xbox one is free for a limited time. No other details, but logged in and confirmed. Grab it!

The basic 'game' is free but you still have to buy all of the tables. Or I should clarify, Frankenstein is free with the base game. All the others you still pay for.

Offer is still there, I'm sure it will be the same going forward with *In Game Purchases being the standard marketing method.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/stern-pinball-arcade/c36x13qtj3v5?tduid=(46ed05eceacb6488b0088cc074607cb9)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-vnIS3RY4v0W4se8Ek4_0Bw)()

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from Don1:

The basic 'game' is free but you still have to buy all of the tables. Or I should clarify, Frankenstein is free with the base game. All the others you still pay for.
    Offer is still there, I'm sure it will be the same going forward with *In Game Purchases being the standard marketing method.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/stern-pinball-arcade/c36x13qtj3v5?tduid=(46ed05eceacb6488b0088cc074607cb9)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-vnIS3RY4v0W4se8Ek4_0Bw)()

yeah, it was really not a "deal" at all. its the same basic premise that farside has done with the pinball arcade, giving you one table for free and then you have to pay for everything else.

I'm actually really disappointed with the load times. game play seems to be the same as what we've come to expect from them with no variation in how the ball moves. take a shot, regardless of the [speed] that it appears to be traveling at, and the ball behaves in the exact same manner, every. single. time.

again, pinball arcade is great to learn the rule sets, but that's about the extent of my enjoyment with their product

#63 7 years ago

for someone who lives in an area devoid of playable machines this is the best option i have to learn the rules so when I can actual play a decent one I can work on my nudging skills... which are terrible.

#64 7 years ago

I have bought all the tables for Stern Pinball Arcade for Xbox One. They are really fun. Right now all of the games are organized into two table packs @ $19.99 each. I hope Xbox gets the PS4 update that allows for lighting control.

#65 7 years ago

Just by looking at the videos I can see the physics continue the same piece of shit. So much investment on graphics etc and the most important thing is just a copy paste from TPA. It's almost 2017, VP is 15 yo now.. and farsight can't even copy the physics from VP1 which are way better than this shit.

Quoted from Wolfanoz:

If they hit Zen Pinball's physics or near it, it shall be excellent.

That would be awesome and we would have an awesome pinball simulation.

#66 7 years ago

Man you guys complaining about TPA must be really hard to please. TPA isn't perfect and I will agree that Farsighted takes way too long to address things but overall Pinball Arcade is a pretty damn awesome game I think. Farsight has done an excellent job recreating these tables, and whoever said Zen has better physics.......come on, that's laughable. I like Zen also but it feels like you are flipping a rock around the table. TPA is way more realistic than Zen is.

#67 7 years ago

I love TPA, especially on the PC or console because of the good nudging (okay, it's too easy to nudge but it makes me feel like a good player!). I did get Stern's pinball arcade and was disappointed with the lighting on Star Trek, but it plays fine once I went online and figured out the play field (yes it was that dark). I've only played Star Trek a few times on location and I love that I get to play it at home and figure out the rules. Still, the Stern version of Pinball arcade is a lot less polished than normal TPA. The load times alone are insane. Regardless, I'm having more than $10 worth of fun on the Star Trek table so I'm glad they made the game. Looking forward to playing the other new Stern tables eventually as well -- though I might wait for a few patches.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

I love TPA, especially on the PC or console because of the good nudging (okay, it's too easy to nudge but it makes me feel like a good player!). I did get Stern's pinball arcade and was disappointed with the lighting on Star Trek, but it plays fine once I went online and figured out the play field (yes it was that dark). I've only played Star Trek a few times on location and I love that I get to play it at home and figure out the rules. Still, the Stern version of Pinball arcade is a lot less polished than normal TPA. The load times alone are insane. Regardless, I'm having more than $10 worth of fun on the Star Trek table so I'm glad they made the game. Looking forward to playing the other new Stern tables eventually as well -- though I might wait for a few patches.

The PS4 version got an update already for the lighting and it's great now. Are you on XBOX? If so hopefully you will be getting an update for the lighting soon as well.

#69 7 years ago

The best thing about the Stern Pinball arcade is it will remove air balls from Ghostbusters.

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The PS4 version got an update already for the lighting and it's great now. Are you on XBOX? If so hopefully you will be getting an update for the lighting soon as well.

I am indeed playing on the xbox -- I'm sure they will push out an update eventually. I'm really waiting for this to be released on the oculus (so I can play it on the vive with revive).

2 weeks later
    #71 7 years ago

Just released on Steam, Android and iOS.

Of course it would release the day after I spent three hours downloading it for the PS4.

#72 7 years ago

I can't seem to get landscape mode to work in iOS? And yes, I'm rotating the phone before I start a game, like in traditional Pinball Arcade.

#73 7 years ago

Awesome that it is now out on iOS. I love playing TPA on my iPad. Off to purchase it now and try it out. Can't wait to play Star Trek on my iPad! Maybe I can finally learn the rules, lol.

#74 7 years ago

Is this different than the current Android app "Pinball Arcade"? I'm not seeing anything different here...

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

I this different than the current Android app "Pinball Arcade"? I'm not seeing anything different here...

I'm not seeing it on my Android Phone yet either.

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sticky:

I updated to version 1.02 today and it's way brighter. You can adjust brightness as well.
    I'm on PS4 and just can't stand the input lag. Am I the only one bothered by this? It's better than the standard pinball arcade which is just unplayable but why the hell is there input lag?

To anyone with lag: Input lag is a display issue. It's the time it takes the display to show the image through all of its image processing. On some displays its worse than others. On a game like pinball it's intolerable.

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

I can't seem to get landscape mode to work in iOS? And yes, I'm rotating the phone before I start a game, like in traditional Pinball Arcade.

I noticed this too. I'm playing on an iPad mini. I also can't enter my initials although I didn't purchase anything yet. It zooms in pass the controls to allow to put them in. These seem like minor issues an update will solve.

The table history for Mustang doesn't list the designer or anything other than the standard press release about the car ?

IMG_1176 (resized).PNGIMG_1176 (resized).PNG

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Landscape mode doesn't seem to be working for me either on my iPad. I've only tried Mustang so far and that game looks rather dark compared to the tables on TPA. The instructions are also on a small screen which makes them hard to read.

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Just released on Steam, Android and iOS.
    Of course it would release the day after I spent three hours downloading it for the PS4.

I don't see any hints of this on steam.

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

I noticed this too. I'm playing on an iPad mini. I also can't enter my initials although I didn't purchase anything yet. It zooms in pass the controls to allow to put them in. These seem like minor issues an update will solve.
    The table history for Mustang doesn't list the designer or anything other than the standard press release about the car ?

I just found out that you will have to start the app with your device in landscape. The rotation is currently locked but it will play in landscape if you do that.

Steam will reportedly be released later today.

Star Trek looks pretty good on it, and sounds great with earphones. Such an awesome game. They have a long rules section on it too which is nice.

#81 7 years ago

Feel like this was rushed to get it out before xmas. Hope an update comes soon for landscape mode and bigger instructions. I find it really cramped and difficult to play on an iPhone in portrait mode.

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from JJHLH:

I just found out that you will have to start the app with your device in landscape. The rotation is currently locked but it will play in landscape if you do that.

Just tried this several times to no avail. Force-quit SPA, open another app to confirm landscape orientation, then restart SPA - no dice, still in portrait only. On an iPhone 6.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Just tried this several times to no avail. Force-quit SPA, open another app to confirm landscape orientation, then restart SPA - no dice, still in portrait only. On an iPhone 6.

Interesting. I hit the home button twice and quit the app completely. I reopened it holding my iPad in landscape orientation and it plays fine that way (my prefered orientation for most games). There shouldn't be a difference between an iPhone and iPad. They did rush this out so it would be available for Christmas, so maybe that is a bug that they will fix when they release the update patch.

Apparently there is also an end of game breaking bug - if you get a local high score there are no controls to move the letters or select for your initials - you're just stuck and have to quit out of the app. Repeatable on Star Trek, A.C./D.C. and Mustang. It's been reported by others and Farsight is away of it. Not something I generally have to be concerned with, lol.

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from JJHLH:

Star Trek looks pretty good on it, and sounds great with earphones. Such an awesome game. They have a long rules section on it too which is nice.

I will try that out. The interface needs a lilts tweaking. I tried learning the rules on Mustang and you get a tiny screen. I like they were trying something different but there's lots of stuff to fix.

#85 7 years ago

I go to buy acdc by itself, then confirmation screen says: Buy 1 Starship Troopers?

Anyone else have this problem? All the other titles seem to link properly

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

I will try that out. The interface needs a lilts tweaking. I tried learning the rules on Mustang and you get a tiny screen. I like they were trying something different but there's lots of stuff to fix.

Yes, the instruction screen is way too small to read easily. Hopefully they correct that and make it more like TPA, which is excellent in that regard.

I purchased Star Trek and AC/DC individually since I have all the other games on TPA. I didn't have any problem purchasing either.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I go to buy acdc by itself, then confirmation screen says: Buy 1 Starship Troopers?
    Anyone else have this problem? All the other titles seem to link properly

Yes. It's a typo and will buy the AC/DC premium. As the Trooper table is 4.99$.

#88 7 years ago

Anyone find it on Android or steam yet?

#89 7 years ago

I can hardly tell whether the F I R E lanes are lit or not on the iPad version of ACDC. Other than that it's looking nice.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Anyone find it on Android or steam yet?

Not me....

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

I can hardly tell whether the F I R E lanes are lit or not on the iPad version of ACDC. Other than that it's looking nice.

You ain't kidding! I'd go so far to say that ALL the inserts could use to be brighter, but the FIRE lanes especially.

#92 7 years ago

How can I input a Highscore on iPad for Star Trek? Seems to be a bug. Also the Lightshow when you start Klingon Multiball is not matching the original at all...

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from fuseholder:

Yes. It's a typo and will buy the AC/DC premium. As the Trooper table is 4.99$.

Worked, thanks!

I wish my ipad wasnt so old. This terrible on the phone, even with a 7+.

#94 7 years ago

I thought Stern was not licensed to do anything with AC/DC at this point?

#95 7 years ago

Damn, you need iOS 10. Guess it's time to upgrade my iPad.

#97 7 years ago

Game is available on Android now! Only played The free tables so far (Mustang, Frankenstein) but they look great and played well with the exception of a slight bit of lag which which I never experienced with the regular pinball arcade before? Must be a different development team or physics engine? Hopefully it will be cleaned up in future update.

#98 7 years ago

So, what are the absolute minimum system requirements to run TPA on Steam?.... I tried a couple years ago and apparently a standard home desktop won't do it... I could launch the ball on TOTAN, go to the kitchen, make a bologna sandwich, sit back down at the computer, take a few bites and then wait for the ball to come down the right in-lane for my first flip... It was ridiculous.

-Steve

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Game is available on Android now! Only played The free tables so far (Mustang, Frankenstein) but they look great and played well with the exception of a slight bit of lag which which I never experienced with the regular pinball arcade before? Must be a different development team or physics engine? Hopefully it will be cleaned up in future update.

Android: I still can't find it

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-arcade/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.