• Latest reply 4 years ago by woody24
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 10.43.49 PM (resized).png
PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT1_130601 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Anyone else download this and try it out? Purchased Mustang last night to try it out. They don't allow demoing the tables with this one. Pretty cool to be able to play recent titles. My only gripe with it right now is that the lighting seems to be really dark. Looks more like a machine with really dim incandescent lighting. The center of the playfield is dark.

Don't like that they are reselling tables that are also in Pinball Arcade. They are bundling them up with new tables. But I wasn't about to spend $20 on a 4 pack of games, where Mustang was the only new game. I already own the other 3 in Pinball Arcade.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

I hope that these games have "coin door" adjustability like the Pro version of the regular games.

I did a quick search, but didn't see the operators menu in the Mustang. Kind of disappointed since it's at a higher price. And I'm not too sure what they were thinking with the price of AC/DC. You can buy the just the single table for $20. Or you can buy the AC/DC, Star Trek, Ripley's Believe it or Not!, and Starship Troopers for $20. Guessing it may have been a error for the single AC/DC table.

#28 5 years ago

Downloaded the Star trek/ACDC bundle. And man, star trek is dark. I'd say farsight rushed development, but I kinda feel their development skills just aren't evolving. Just like the horrendous menu system on the pc.

2 weeks later
#33 5 years ago

The updated the game on the PS4 last week and added some better lighting. You can actually see what's going on now. So much better.

Still pretty cool that they have recent tables.

1 week later
#37 5 years ago

Yep. Changing picture setting to Game mode should fix it. I abandoned Pinball Arcade a couple years ago because of that issue. Later looked it up, and game mode fixed it.

Happened with Zen Pinball too. But never understood why it was just the pinball games that felt laggy.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Wyopinball:

Way to dark, and a little lag on the flippers.

They fixed this a couple weeks ago. There's a setting to turn up the lights. And check your TV settings. Game mode.

3 weeks later
#43 5 years ago

Just downloaded the Steam version this weekend. I had issues with the display. It was squished and looked like the fuzzy graphics from the late 90's.

I ended up getting it to look good in Window mode. Full-screen mode only looked terrible.

Their development seems to have gone downhill with the menu. Every new update to it keeps getting worse and worse.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

The software will no doubt improve. But it never should have been released to the hard-core gamers until it was actually ready. The absolute barrage of bad reviews are unfortunate, but perfectly justified. The software was not (and is still not) ready for release. I will give it a few more months before I even play it again, let alone actually throwing money at it.

Which makes me wonder if there was some kind of shakeup at Farsight. Did they get new management? Lose developers/testers? They just seem like they've stuck to Sterns rule of business. "It's worked for us this long, why bother looking to hire new developers with fresh ideas to improve the software?"

11 months later
#52 4 years ago

Haven't really been following this. But saw that they released Ghostbusters on the standard Pinball Arcade app first. I thought that was a clear sign they'd scrapped the Stern Pinball Arcade. But I think they've put it on there too.

Probably too much to ask for Star Wars to be added, right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.95
19,950 (OBO)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!