• Latest reply 6 years ago by woody24
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 10.43.49 PM (resized).png
PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT1_130601 (resized).jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Anyone else download this and try it out? Purchased Mustang last night to try it out. They don't allow demoing the tables with this one. Pretty cool to be able to play recent titles. My only gripe with it right now is that the lighting seems to be really dark. Looks more like a machine with really dim incandescent lighting. The center of the playfield is dark.

Don't like that they are reselling tables that are also in Pinball Arcade. They are bundling them up with new tables. But I wasn't about to spend $20 on a 4 pack of games, where Mustang was the only new game. I already own the other 3 in Pinball Arcade.

#2 7 years ago

I own most of the Season 1 and 2 games on PS3, and a few games on the PS4 edition. I'm tempted to for the Bundle 1 pack because it has AC/DC Premium and Star Trek Premium. I already have Ripley's and Starship Troppers. I hope that these games have "coin door" adjustability like the Pro version of the regular games.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

I hope that these games have "coin door" adjustability like the Pro version of the regular games.

I did a quick search, but didn't see the operators menu in the Mustang. Kind of disappointed since it's at a higher price. And I'm not too sure what they were thinking with the price of AC/DC. You can buy the just the single table for $20. Or you can buy the AC/DC, Star Trek, Ripley's Believe it or Not!, and Starship Troopers for $20. Guessing it may have been a error for the single AC/DC table.

#4 7 years ago

I bought the AC/DC bundle plus the solo Mustang table. I used to own ST and it was cool playing the premium version. Farsight though is so frustrating. I understand they need to make money but for every good thing they do, there is one negative. Splitting the new unreleased tables into 2 bundles was pretty cheap. Why not recognize the fact that you have fans that already own the others and put the 3 new tables in one bundle and the rest in the other? Also the lack of options and lighting is just bad. The trophies are a joke as well. Good opportunity to fix that fiasco and they laid an egg. I do like the tease of Ghostbusters though and can't wait to buy that when it comes out. Avoided it IRL because of the issues and got TWD instead.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Why not recognize the fact that you have fans that already own the others and put the 3 new tables in one bundle and the rest in the other?

Agreed.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

My only gripe with it right now is that the lighting seems to be really dark. Looks more like a machine with really dim incandescent lighting. The center of the playfield is dark.

Agreed

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Why not recognize the fact that you have fans that already own the others and put the 3 new tables in one bundle and the rest in the other?

Because then you wouldn't have to buy both bundles I try not to be cynical on these things, but in this case that seems to be the clear answer.

#8 7 years ago

Downloaded all three and it looks like I'm gonna be couch locked all day. I, for one, think the price is fair. All three tables are amazing. Can't wait for Ghostbusters!

#9 7 years ago

Anyone know if these stern tables are going to be available for the pinball arcade ipad?

#10 7 years ago

The lighting on these is terrible. Was really looking forward to them too.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone know if these stern tables are going to be available for the pinball arcade ipad?

Yes, they should be available soon on iOS according to their Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1452875151393996&id=1289278824420297

#12 7 years ago

Thanks for the info by those who have bought. If the lighting improves and TWD / GB lands, I'll be in.

#13 7 years ago

Apparently SPA will be available on Oculus Rift, PS4, Xbox One, Wii-U,
Steam (PC/Mac), iOS and Android.

#14 7 years ago

any mention of a steam release?

#15 7 years ago

Are game instructions available for the new titles? Been looking forward to upping my knowledge of these games.

Also I didn't seen an announcement for Xbox One on their FB page just PS4, has anyone managed to download it for xbox, I don't see it in the web version of the store. (I'm at work ).

#16 7 years ago

Their instructions, at least on TPA are really nice. Explain every shot and shows a closeup on the screen of said shot. I didn't pop in to the manuals on these though, but assume they are the same.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Their instructions, at least on TPA are really nice.

Yeah I use them all the time for location play, can anyone confirm they exist in SPA?

#18 7 years ago

Star Trek is one of the most vibrantly lit LED pins on the market. TPA version looks like someone pulled all the GI lighting & put incandescents in the inserts. Dark as hell. Not impressed at all. Hopefully the iOS versions look better.

#19 7 years ago

Turned on my PS4 which I haven't touched in a while excited to download this. Only... I couldn't sign in. I had to call support and see what was up. I sat there waiting for 30 minutes until the guy said my account was banned due to someone trying to change the e-mail. It won't be activated for 72 hours.

So... someone tried to access a PSN account which I'm sure happens all the time and now I have to wait 72 hours? Awesome Sony, thanks. Spending all that money really was worth it especially considering it won't let me play anything unless I'm signed in.

Just venting as I really wanted to try Stern pinball arcade out and now I'm just sitting here angry.

#20 7 years ago

Man, that's awful. The playfield inserts don't even look like lights, just like "here's some colored paint that we put on and remove any time that one changes."

PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT1_130601 (resized).jpgPREVIEW_SCREENSHOT1_130601 (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Yeah I use them all the time for location play, can anyone confirm they exist in SPA?

They are displayed a bit differently, but the instructions do exist.

#22 7 years ago

Are the physics the same as other TPA games? Was hoping for an upgrade in this area as well as the new tables.

#23 7 years ago

Found a couple of glitches.

I got one of the high scores on Mustang, but when I tried to enter my initials, the DMD flashed jibberish and I couldn't see the letters.

Is it just me, or does the left inlane not cycle when hitting the flippers on AC/DC?

I'm sure these will be corrected in an update. Really enjoying all three games. Maybe my expectations are low but I think the tables look good. Mustang has been a drain monster for me, though.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from shoemakesmusic:

Are the physics the same as other TPA games? Was hoping for an upgrade in this area as well as the new tables.

They're pretty much the same. I never drain a ball through an inlane in pinball, but I do in TPA.

#25 7 years ago

Anyone know if is going to release on playstation vr ?

#26 7 years ago

Still waiting on Farsight to release the second half of TPA Season 5 on Xbone. They won't be getting any more of my money until they catch up.

#27 7 years ago

Yes! Looking forward to it on iOS.

#28 7 years ago

Downloaded the Star trek/ACDC bundle. And man, star trek is dark. I'd say farsight rushed development, but I kinda feel their development skills just aren't evolving. Just like the horrendous menu system on the pc.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Still waiting on Farsight to release the second half of TPA Season 5 on Xbone. They won't be getting any more of my money until they catch up.

Yes, you really feel like a second class citizen if you are on Xbox. Late tables, no tournaments.

#30 7 years ago

Yea the tables are too dark, except for AC/DC which is too bright for the inserts. A temporary fix I found was to set your tv to vivid or a brighter setting while you're playing them. Shouldn't have to do this but, at least it makes ST and Mustang look LED'd.

#31 7 years ago

Looks like the physics didn't improve on this release. I really don't understand Farsight, they improve everything except the most important thing in a simulation like this.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

They're pretty much the same. I never drain a ball through an inlane in pinball, but I do in TPA.

#32 7 years ago

still waiting for the VR proper release. They talked about it for a year but nothing besides gear vr which is terrible. They said all tables too would have VR.

2 weeks later
#33 7 years ago

The updated the game on the PS4 last week and added some better lighting. You can actually see what's going on now. So much better.

Still pretty cool that they have recent tables.

1 week later
#34 7 years ago

Nobody is talking about flipper delay. Why? Am I the only person whose Xbox has so much delay as to make it unplayable?? Is there no way to fix it? Otherwise it isn't even pinball.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlosopher:

Nobody is talking about flipper delay. Why? Am I the only person whose Xbox has so much delay as to make it unplayable?? Is there no way to fix it? Otherwise it isn't even pinball.

Does your TV have game mode?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlosopher:

No delay on my Ps4 version... Like Kermit said, it's probably your picture setting.

#37 7 years ago

Yep. Changing picture setting to Game mode should fix it. I abandoned Pinball Arcade a couple years ago because of that issue. Later looked it up, and game mode fixed it.

Happened with Zen Pinball too. But never understood why it was just the pinball games that felt laggy.

#38 7 years ago

Way to dark, and a little lag on the flippers.
Pinball FX seems to be much better in my opinion, brighter, flippers are spot on.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlosopher:

I had this same problem and was frustrated. Changing the picture setting to game mode resolved it.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Wyopinball:

Way to dark, and a little lag on the flippers.

They fixed this a couple weeks ago. There's a setting to turn up the lights. And check your TV settings. Game mode.

#41 7 years ago

Does Stern Pinball Arcade have FarSight's standard achievement set (e.g., High Score Standard Goals, Wizard Goals)? If so, would someone please list the Standard and Wizard Goals for Star Trek and AC/DC? Thanks.

3 weeks later
#42 7 years ago

WOW....seriously wow....!

I loaded this up today on my VirtuaPin.net- and I can't get over how great it looks.

There are a lot of negative comments on Steam with people complaining there are resolution issues, menu issues etc. But for the most part I'm not seeing that (perhaps I'm lucky in my current PC config?).

Getting to play AC/DC and Star Trek is such a blast. The full collection was $20. and despite the fact I already own the other tables I bought the "season" since it was $9.99 for each AC/DC Mustang and ST anyway on their own. Mustang is currently unplayable in portrait- but I'm sure they'll fix it. Everyone has complained about that one specifically.

Very very cool. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this shapes up and what's coming next. GB is obviously the next to come, but I would love to see the new Batman game....that would be fantastic.

For now they're using the "LE" versions of the games- and I really hope they don't try to nickel and dime with pro, LE etc - costs to upgrade later on. My guess is that it will be too expensive/complicated for Farsight to make multiple variants of each machine.

With that said, there are definitely some issues- mainly with the menu. It's a hot mess. Also the 3rd flipper is broken on all of the machines in that collection (Star Trek for example). But all in all- well well worth $20 bucks- especially if you have a virtual pinball machine.

There will be bug fixes and updates I'm sure....still worth $20 bucks.

#43 7 years ago

Just downloaded the Steam version this weekend. I had issues with the display. It was squished and looked like the fuzzy graphics from the late 90's.

I ended up getting it to look good in Window mode. Full-screen mode only looked terrible.

Their development seems to have gone downhill with the menu. Every new update to it keeps getting worse and worse.

#44 7 years ago

The software will no doubt improve. But it never should have been released to the hard-core gamers until it was actually ready. The absolute barrage of bad reviews are unfortunate, but perfectly justified. The software was not (and is still not) ready for release. I will give it a few more months before I even play it again, let alone actually throwing money at it.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

The software will no doubt improve. But it never should have been released to the hard-core gamers until it was actually ready. The absolute barrage of bad reviews are unfortunate, but perfectly justified. The software was not (and is still not) ready for release. I will give it a few more months before I even play it again, let alone actually throwing money at it.

Which makes me wonder if there was some kind of shakeup at Farsight. Did they get new management? Lose developers/testers? They just seem like they've stuck to Sterns rule of business. "It's worked for us this long, why bother looking to hire new developers with fresh ideas to improve the software?"

#46 7 years ago

For those with dim lighting on PS4, check the settings. You can adjust the Room Lighting there.

#47 7 years ago

I discovered on a thread if you press "alt and enter" that can help with the "squashed" image. It worked for me.

They did an update and fixed Mustang and the interface. Still very very buggy- I concede. Sloppy release.

I did discover that ST is kinda' fun- but for me Mustang not so much.

This is why I like PBA so much.

6 months later
#48 6 years ago

Has this game been abandoned?

#49 6 years ago

Farsighted at their finest...

#50 6 years ago

Newsletter from April said Ghostbusters soon. May newsletter was the last mention of Stern Pinball arcade.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-arcade-now-on-ps4-xbone/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.