(Topic ID: 183274)

Stern Pinball Anti-glare glass

By DCFAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190422_195834595 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190422_195910241 (resized).jpg
    E14BE738-F90B-4325-B14A-1DC8F212E544 (resized).jpeg
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc2. (resized).PNG
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc. (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20190420-190336_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190307_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190300_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190254_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190246_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190239_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20190419_083554 (resized).jpg
    inspiration (resized).jpg
    Sparkle (resized).jpg
    F646DE81-1C98-4F69-ABED-C74D50468555 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3030 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

Just saw this press release on another site. If performance is comparable to PDI and Invisiglass, then I'm glad I held off on purchasing the 4-5 sheets I need for my collection.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from thundergod76:

Do you have to clean this type of optical glass a certain way? I prefer window cleaner and to just be done with it.

Just don't use window cleaner with ammonia... search the forum for other threads about this, but ammonia can be harmful to the plastics used in pinball games. Even if not in direct contact, I believe the fumes can degrade the plastics over time.

#174 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

... the next time you are at my place, remind me to do a PDI / Invisiglass demo for you ...

I thought you had the glass removed on your safecracker. Had never seen such clarity, but I'm assuming it was the location in the room with no major reflective lighting in addition to the extreme clarity... as someone else said before me, I almost broke a finger trying to reach out and touch the playfield!!

#190 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i wouldn't put a florescent directly above. Nobody should have lighting directly above machine.

Quoted from epthegeek:

yeah, not much point in testing a situation nobody would put themselves in to begin with.

I wish somebody would tell this to the arcade owners where we had our March Silverball tourney on Saturday. Could barely see the playfield through the glare on at least 3 of the pins in the rotation.

Of course, I also wouldn't expect them to purchase anti-reflective glass since the cost for so many machines would add up quickly. No-win situation!!

1 week later
    #531 6 years ago

@bigd1979, looking at those pics of yours I think you really need to be buying the new Stern Bent Plastic with Anti-Reflective coating. There's just too damn much glare projecting from the playfield onto the underside of those generic bent plastics.

And don't forget to replace the glass in that cabinet door in the second pic with AR glass. How can you live with yourself man!!

#532 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

From the front you will likely hardly notice it. From the side this shows it:

And while I'm offering suggestions, @dcfan, you need to put a really big bent plastic on that window of yours for guests watching from the side while you play JP.

1 month later
    #719 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Where does one buy this glass? I don't see it on Stern's website. Can I pick it up from the factory to save on shipping?

I read that a few did pick up at Stern and save shipping... assuming you'd have to call them to arrange this. That would be a good option for you probably. But I also found a link on their website.

http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?ProductId=6299062

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-anti-glare-glass?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.