(Topic ID: 183274)

Stern Pinball Anti-glare glass

By DCFAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190422_195834595 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190422_195910241 (resized).jpg
    E14BE738-F90B-4325-B14A-1DC8F212E544 (resized).jpeg
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc2. (resized).PNG
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc. (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20190420-190336_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190307_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190300_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190254_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190246_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190239_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20190419_083554 (resized).jpg
    inspiration (resized).jpg
    Sparkle (resized).jpg
    F646DE81-1C98-4F69-ABED-C74D50468555 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3030 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maplesyrup.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 7 years ago

I have 5 sheets of PDI glass currently. I believe it's the best mod in all of pinball. It's truly enhances the gameplay experience. Not just bling.

If the Stern glass is comprable, I'll be ordering MANY sheets.

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I still can't believe that they just stole an image with incorrect specs from another site to put on their own. Lazy, unethical, and a cause for confusion.
    Jody, get your house in order. You seriously can't do a single thing right. Every reveal or launch is a clear marketing flub.
    Edit: Image has been changed now. Only took a day...

Dude... what is your deal??! Does this stuff effect you in some way that is not readily apparent to everybody else?!

Stern is now offered anti-reflective glass. I haven't seen it yet. Have you?! Do you know who supplied Stern with the image?! I don't. Could be the vendor... who knows. Who cares?!!

Why do you have to be so friggin negative about all things Stern, and particularly about Jody?! It's tiresome.

"Unethical?!", "Get your house in order"?! Wtf sort of urgency and rigour do you feel should be applied to these incredibly important press releases?! Get a grip, brother.

I've said it many times, but once again, "This is supposed to be fun!".

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I'm not negative about all things Stern. I do dislike Jody however, and I have very, very good reasons for that. I've chosen not to discuss it publicly, but Stern, and pinball as a whole, would be much better off without him. For real.
    And yes, this stuff matters. You can't put out incorrect information so consistently. You can't put out misleading or outright incorrect information about products. If the image they publish is wrong, there are issues with that. They put out on image showing it was 2.5mm thick. Apparently it's double that. It matters, because people won't order if they think that the glass is too thin to sit well in a channel. It affects sales. It also causes all kinds of confusion. Because they used an image from a different product, people had no idea what Stern was actually selling. It's still a bit muddy.
    If you want to talk about tiresome, how about your blind defense of stuff? Things don't get better if they don't get fair or valid criticism. I've never blindly hated on anything. If I don't like something, I'll clearly state why. You defend things and people without knowing why (and being a fanboy is not a valid reason), and that's crazy. Unless you actually want to keep getting poor communication, misleading information, and confusing announcements, then stop blindly praising everything without asking fair questions.
    Aerosmith looks good. I've heard mostly positive things. I'm excited to play it in a week. I'll happily praise what I like and point out what could be improved. That's how critique is supposed to work in pinball.

I guess the news of Jody murdering your family didn't make it up to Canada. Haha. I kid. I have no idea what your beef with Jody is... but I also don't care. I'm not going to bicker about it with you. If you have a beef with anybody though, why don't you take it up with them instead of seeding it like breadcrumbs all over the forum?! Just a thought.

I think we just have very different approaches. I have never "Blindly" praised anything.

I do however, speak enthusiastically about the things I like, and I tend to simply move on from topics that don't concern me, pins I don't like, or products that don't interest me.

I'm interested in this glass. I didn't say, "This glass is going to be incredible! You're an idiot if you don't buy it. Stern is amazing!!". I simply said, "If this is a good product, I'll buy lots of it". That's the way I feel about all things pinball. If I like it, I buy it. If somebody trashes somebody or something that I like, I'll usually chime in saying "I disagree", but I'm not big on back and forthing. I certainly won't follow anybody around.

Mostly, I don't want to add to the noise and negativity here. So, Carry on.

I'm pretty excited to see this glass. I hope it's great, cause PDI to Canada is EXPENSIVE!!

I got a chance to play an Aerosmith Pro at M-Brew in Michigan last week. It's REALLY fun, and looks even better in person than it does in pics. Donny killed the art. It's awesome.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I may go for a Premium... maybe with this new glass!

Keep Flipping!

1 week later
    #509 7 years ago

I have 5 sheets of PDI. I think it's an amazing product.

Does it totally eliminate the glare from the DMD and backbox... uh, no. But who gives a Crap??!!!

It makes the MOST IMPORTANT area of the playfield, the area from midway down the playfield to the flippers look incredibly clear.

If the greatly reduced glare from the DMD, which slightly hampers your view up the ramp returns or backboard art is of concern to you, then buy an $8 piece of bent plastic.

I'm going to order a few sheets of this new Stern glass (probably not 14!), and I expect to be extremely happy with it.

Eyes on the prize, guys.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maplesyrup.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-anti-glare-glass?tu=maplesyrup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.