(Topic ID: 183274)

Stern Pinball Anti-glare glass

By DCFAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190422_195834595 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190422_195910241 (resized).jpg
    E14BE738-F90B-4325-B14A-1DC8F212E544 (resized).jpeg
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc2. (resized).PNG
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc. (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20190420-190336_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190307_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190300_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190254_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190246_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190239_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20190419_083554 (resized).jpg
    inspiration (resized).jpg
    Sparkle (resized).jpg
    F646DE81-1C98-4F69-ABED-C74D50468555 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3030 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 7 years ago

Out of curiosity what is the US cost for invisi glass, PDI, purely asking as I'm curious how Sterns offering compares price wise over your side of the pond.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I'm going to snag a sheet of this next week and put it on my Ghostbusters (which is currently next to my Hobbit that has Invisaglass). It should be easy to do a comparison and provide feedback at that point.

That would be awesome and hugely helpful to everyone here, look forward to reading your review/comparison.

#204 7 years ago

I don't think the pin has moved the camera angle is slightly different, almost like the cameraman has taken a half step to the left to avoid that overhead light. Something is certainly not the same about both photos, good eyes Monster_Bash

#208 7 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

It if simple to remove the glass they had to move the tripod

Guess they couldn't just put the tripod back in the same spot at the same angle?

#244 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Put the Stern glass between 2 machines with the PDI and let the battle begin!
    (video please)

+1

Thank you in advance hawkmoon

#262 7 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

OK that's ridiculous. Let's see, 132Eur is $145 USD but it sells for $299.

I only ever ordered once from PDI when I first got into the hobby, haven't ordered since everything is just marked up to high, glass is a problem as it's exclusive there but most other things are cheaper else where.

#272 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Very interesting. Does this mean that Joey's exclusivity will be ending soon?

Anything that improves or offers pinheads a better deal is a welcome change, I had no idea PDI was so expensive for you guys over in the US, better pricing all round!

#282 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

There are some headscratchingly expensive mods out there that could use a little competition.

If your referring to mods over at PDI, most can be brought else where far cheaper.

#313 7 years ago

Looks good.... from the right side of the game. Would have been far better to have walked around the front of the pin to show a truer impression of the glass from all angles.

#410 7 years ago

stpcore is there any chance you could do another version of your second test/photo, but with the glass swapped round? So SHD left JJP right? So the glass can be compared on identical sides of the playfield? Thanks in advance.

#517 7 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

Hey richiewrench,
    if you still have your Stern sheets available, I`d offer you or alternatively anybody else a deal ?
    You ship one Stern HD Glass to me (Germany) and I´ll return one sheet of mine in exchange.

IMG_1232 (resized).JPGIMG_1232 (resized).JPG

#529 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

From the front you will likely hardly notice it. From the side this shows it:

Didn't even notice them from the side the only thing I noticed was that mighty fine looking Goldeneye you have hiding behind your JP.

#541 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I know its really terrible ..... i have top men working on a solution.....

Who?

#619 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

How much does a NIB Stern pro cost in the UK these days including all taxes and delivery?

Aerosmith RRP (and there are distributors here that are more expensive)

Pro - £5995 ($7503)
    Prem - £7995 ($10,006)
    LE - £9295 ($11,632)

#675 7 years ago

I am genuinely struggle to see much difference between the with Stern HD glass and without Stern HD glass, it has dialled down the tranlite reflection a little in the middle but not much else. But like most mods its personal choice and sometimes its just cool having some cool

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-anti-glare-glass?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.