(Topic ID: 183274)

Stern Pinball Anti-glare glass

By DCFAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190422_195834595 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190422_195910241 (resized).jpg
    E14BE738-F90B-4325-B14A-1DC8F212E544 (resized).jpeg
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc2. (resized).PNG
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc. (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20190420-190336_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190307_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190300_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190254_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190246_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190239_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20190419_083554 (resized).jpg
    inspiration (resized).jpg
    Sparkle (resized).jpg
    F646DE81-1C98-4F69-ABED-C74D50468555 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3030 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#329 7 years ago

Need some real life feedback on this glass, I can take pictures/videos of all my games all day with JJP and PDI glass on it and it all looks phenomenal in pictures. Some of the smaller differences you can only see on certain games or in different lighting situations. End of the day I never cared much about the science and BS about the glass differences, a lot thought PDI looked better, I still don't ever see much difference between me JJP and PDI. For me end of day I got it when it was cheaper or there were sales on them. Price is king on this glass for me, I will buy the cheaper option if it works like the others. It's an expensive add on but one I love on my games!

#355 7 years ago
    Quoted from RichieWrench:

Okay guys ...and gals....Here is my take on the glass and trust me...I bought 14 sheets and have installed them on 5 games now. I invested over 3,000.00

Have you had invisiglass or PDI glass before on these games? To be able to compare if you feel it is any better or worse?

#429 7 years ago
    Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am not saying itnos not worth the price...I was just looking for the glare to be reduce alot with the new Stern HD glass and it did not make hardly any difference.
    They have a 30 day return policy so I know Stern will honor that policy. Guess my dad is taking all 14 sheets back. I was just looking for more of a difference and I did not see it for me to keep them all.

So maybe I missed it, obviously you weren't impressed with the Stern glass but have you tried Invisiglass or PDI on these sames games in the same lighting conditions you currently have to compare if you think either of those is better? Really curious if maybe you just are of the opinion glass like this doesn't justify the price. I for one have invisiglass and love it, makes a world of difference in my house on my games. Have had many friends about put their hand thru it thinking there was not glass there. On top of that many love PDI even better.

3 months later
    #738 6 years ago
    Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I've been considering the HD glass for my 4 games. I've got some lighting issues in the room, with some overhead cans. I'm waiting for my DICE to get here to see how big of a difference the Invisiglass makes before i pull the trigger putting it in the other machines. Hope it makes a noticable difference.

I don't know if you remember when you were in my gameroom, I had invisiglass on every game. To me it is the best mod out there and it makes a huge difference in most situations. All be it an expensive one especially for a lot of games. Slowly thru the years I just waited for sales from one of the manufacturers when they were BOGO or buy two get one, etc and now just rotate it out when I sell games. I've had so many non-pinhead friends put their hand right into my glass thinking there was no glass there.

I can't speak to the brands, seems the consensus usually is PDI>Invisiglass>Stern but imagine they all serve the purpose in the end. If you have bad glare and lighting in room affects it worse, it all helps!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-anti-glare-glass?tu=bemmett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.