(Topic ID: 183274)

Stern Pinball Anti-glare glass

By DCFAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190422_195834595 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190422_195910241 (resized).jpg
    E14BE738-F90B-4325-B14A-1DC8F212E544 (resized).jpeg
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc2. (resized).PNG
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc. (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20190420-190336_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190307_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190300_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190254_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190246_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190239_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20190419_083554 (resized).jpg
    inspiration (resized).jpg
    Sparkle (resized).jpg
    F646DE81-1C98-4F69-ABED-C74D50468555 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3030 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

If the Stern glass is comprable, I'll be ordering MANY sheets.

Don't worry. It won't be.

#67 7 years ago

Of course, they should include this glass on their LEs (at the very least), along with the shaker and topper that they don't include.

#112 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

In some spots, it's totally worth it. In others, not worth it at all. If there is no stray light in your game room, it doesn't have anything to do. However if there is a window, and a white ceiling, it really cuts down the extra glare and is very noticeable compared to games without it.

I like the pdi even in my dark basement. You really feel like you can reach into the playfield and grab the ball it's so clear. In fact, I've nearly jammed my fingers twice (and my wife once) doing just that.

#134 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm sure Stern will be including this new glass on all of their LE's going forward?

976809c111e493db7698d7a4c7d17f782297ecb974d6990248c91dc9c3562b40 (resized).jpg976809c111e493db7698d7a4c7d17f782297ecb974d6990248c91dc9c3562b40 (resized).jpg

#347 7 years ago
    Quoted from RichieWrench:

Okay guys ...and gals....Here is my take on the glass and trust me...I bought 14 sheets and have installed them on 5 games now. I invested over 3,000.00
    SO....HERE IS MY HONEST OPINION.
    If you looking for the glare to go away around the speakers for those that have the lights mods or the reflection off the DMD's....there is not much difference if hardly any....
    But....
    I will say the the glass is like so clear towards the bottom...it is like i can reach my hard right thru there and touch the playfield. It is just as u move your eyes up towards the box...there is not much difference.
    I think for the price it is good and worth the 239.00 and I dont know if JJP glass would be any better.
    I am happy with it...I just wish that is did not have the reflection coming off the box still and with that...I am a bit upset about that portion and was looking for better results on that part of the glass.

Do you have PDI to compare it to? I had Invisiglass and sold it to get PDI...there was that much of a difference under direct lighting. I'd be surprised if the Stern stuff is better.

#370 7 years ago

Yeah...but i thought it would be better than the stock glass....and it is hardly any difference....but i am heading in and have an idea on how Incan compare to JJP invisiglass....but...yeah...more upset with myself...but it will all be okay either way...i will get it worked out...just hate to return them..but if not happy andnit does not work...should not have to stay with it....got some help coming in with me and going to put them side by side and see if we can get some photos posted here soon

Wow. I don't even know what to say to this. I feel really badly for you. Would Stern take the unopened ones back?

#419 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

again, I don't think anyone is a chump that buys it. I just try to inform the ones thinking about buying it, that it's not as perfect as some say. Thats' all. because I listened to the guys that said it's so perfect. eliminates everything, can't even tell it's there. all the same shit.
    So hearing all this shit. I had high expectations. Figured that for the price, it must be perfect. Backbox glare and DMD glare...GONE. Awesome. $300 is steep but if it works, might be worth it for some games. Awesome. Can't wait. half price sale on JJP. Even better. Lets give it a shot......install it...... :/ I was pissed the fawk off. Now if there were real people saying real things it actually did. I could have made a more informed decision. So you need both sides of the fence. I try to be a realist and show the new people who don't know, what it actually does and how it actually performs. Not this fairtale shit some of these guys do. So others don't feel they have been ripped off like I did.
    So I repeat myself often. Yup, just like the guys that talk it up. Not everyone reads every thread. and not every newb that is looking into buying it reads every thread. So when people talk it up, I say the other side of the spectrum, so the person reading can make an informed decision. If they think it works good enough to justify the $300 price tag. So be it. but at least they went in knowing the full story.

Hey, Neo! Did you ever try the PDI stuff, or did you just get Invisiglass and figured they were comparable? Because I sold my Invisiglass to get PDI...it was that much better for me. Not sure how BigD isn't seeing that in a side by side comparison. Non pinheads in my house could tell the difference between regular glass, Invisiglass, and PDI.

#445 7 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Don't know where this show is...but I'm in the middle of nowhere

Oh, nonsense. You're right near the guy in Black Mountain that's making my hammered dulcimer.

(Thinking about driving down there to pick it up. I hear the BBQ is to DIE for...)

#481 7 years ago

Yah...yah...okay...I know...i was hoping that this would get rid of the glare i have on my exiting glass...most have speaker lights and color DMD. I was trying to make it in all one trip. I learned a lesson.

Don't spend that money yet. I'm considering a GoFundMe to get you one sheet of PDI. Then you can use your returned funds to get another 13.

Thank me later.

#485 7 years ago

I would spend the money if it works. I do not mind that itnis higher...just want to eliminate the glare..without using a deflector shield if at all possible.

All I can tell you is that at one point, I had three machines side by side. One with regular, one with Invisiglass, and one with PDI. It was clear (pardon the pun) to me as well as my wife which was which. I immediately sold the Invisiglass and got all PDI, and visitors comment all the time. There really is a difference...I just wished I'd filmed it when I had the chance. I really think you should try one (hell, get two...they ship together). I think you'll be very happy.

#493 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Nothing beats the deflector shield / glare guard IMO. I have them on all of my pins. Cheap and effective.

...and unsightly.

#498 7 years ago

Okay...i will buy two...JUST TWO PDI glass and see how it is...how do I get those??

http://pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

Email him first to see if they're in stock. I had to wait like two months.

[email protected]

#499 7 years ago

What about speakers lights??

Well played, my friend...well played.

#503 7 years ago

I just put his email address in my post on the last page.

[email protected]

#539 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

Let us know if Pinball decals let's you return all 4 sheets.
    I love how you jump right over the $7 solution everyone is offering and dive right into the $300 one that is essentially the same as the one that failed you.

Because some people consider that ugly.

#553 7 years ago

I have it on every game, but I've a feeling that Joey makes >$100 per sheet (even though the packaging has to cost him a ton). If Roman shipped a batch here, I'm sure it would be $200 per sheet or less...but who's going to sell them without a profit margin. I don't think you're ever looking at less than $250 per sheet for stuff from Europe.

#595 7 years ago
    #686 7 years ago
    Quoted from goldant:

Thanks just purchased my first PDI glass .

...but not your last.

6 months later
    #771 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Like I said there really isn't much difference between the PDI and Invisiglass....sitting side by side from each other they both look the same from side to side, and from the players perspective.

No they don't. I had Invisiglass and there was such a difference, I actually upgraded to PDI. Now it's on all my machines.

#776 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I completely disagree...if anything PDI was worse...Invisigalass is on all my machines due to that...PDI was a downgrade

When was your last eye exam?

#780 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Ha....20-10 for the record...possibly you have some serious issues on your end...might want to head to the doc today

I have serious issues, but it has nothing to do with my eyes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-anti-glare-glass?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.