(Topic ID: 183274)

Stern Pinball Anti-glare glass

By DCFAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190422_195834595 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190422_195910241 (resized).jpg
    E14BE738-F90B-4325-B14A-1DC8F212E544 (resized).jpeg
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc2. (resized).PNG
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc. (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20190420-190336_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190307_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190300_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190254_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190246_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190239_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20190419_083554 (resized).jpg
    inspiration (resized).jpg
    Sparkle (resized).jpg
    F646DE81-1C98-4F69-ABED-C74D50468555 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3030 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toasterdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#709 6 years ago

Is this shipping? And if so, how long did it take?

I think I ordered almost 4 weeks ago.

#711 6 years ago

Yes, thanks. Got tracking and mine is coming today. If it's like PDI or Invisiglass, I'll be stoked. I have both types and can't have a machine without it now. A must have mod IMO anyway.

Oh man, you have a huge collection. This could get expensive, lol.

#716 6 years ago

Just got my Stern HD glass installed. Super happy - Looks indistinguishable from PDI or Invisiglass IMO.

Pictures were tough. I just shot a quick video showing from the top all three vendors side by side.

I need to add text to video, but TSPP is Stern HD, SMVE and AS are PDI, GB is Invisiglass

4 months later
    #739 6 years ago

Bumping this. Really surprised there isn’t more discussion about this. Any more feedback from people that have bought Stern HD glass?

Anti-glare glass is one of the best upgrades w/ ColorDMD and this is priced considerably better then Invisiglass and PDI.

I’m somewhat torn because at this point it’s tough for me to tell what is Invisiglass and what is SternHD. PDI is easy because it has nice sanded edges which is really sweet, but you have to deal with expensive prices and crazy packaging with tons of foam peanuts.

I almost wish these was some type of small identification etching / emblem. Although I know Invisiglass got blasted for this early on.

#760 6 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

I bought 2 pieces of the Stern glass, and after hearing how great antireflective glass is I was underwhelmed. I don’t have any experience with the other two (PDI & JJP) so can't compare. Reflections have improved compared regular glass, but are still there from the translite & DMD. Both pieces have some spotiness in the coating at certain angles where the coating wasn’t uniform.
    If I had to do it over again I would have bought a ColorDMD instead for my LOTR.
    Here is a pic of my two pins with the Stern invisiglass installed:

Two things. First get a bent plastic mod to block the light from DMD and those led ring speaker lights. If you get a colorDMD you won’t get any glare from it, but speaker LED lights (that style in particular) will throw a bad glare.

Second. If you put 1 sheet of regular glass back on I can’t imagine you don’t notice a big difference between the two.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toasterdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-anti-glare-glass?tu=Toasterdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.