(Topic ID: 183274)

Stern Pinball Anti-glare glass

By DCFAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190422_195834595 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190422_195910241 (resized).jpg
    E14BE738-F90B-4325-B14A-1DC8F212E544 (resized).jpeg
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc2. (resized).PNG
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc. (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20190420-190336_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190307_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190300_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190254_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190246_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190239_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20190419_083554 (resized).jpg
    inspiration (resized).jpg
    Sparkle (resized).jpg
    F646DE81-1C98-4F69-ABED-C74D50468555 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3030 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RichieWrench.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#335 7 years ago

INJUST PICKED 14 of these...now its time to get to work...i will put the existing glass in the boxes and keep for those that might some of the stock glass at a real cheap price. Will sell real cheap during our "Pinside Open House" which I think will be in August.

Will post some before and after photos soon.

20170317_181959 (resized).jpg20170317_181959 (resized).jpg

20170317_182006 (resized).jpg20170317_182006 (resized).jpg

#340 7 years ago

Ghostbusters LE

1st picture is before and the 2nd is with new Stern glass.

20170317_183152 (resized).jpg20170317_183152 (resized).jpg

20170317_183926 (resized).jpg20170317_183926 (resized).jpg

#342 7 years ago

Advatar LE

Here are before and after photos

20170317_184205 (resized).jpg20170317_184205 (resized).jpg

20170317_184356 (resized).jpg20170317_184356 (resized).jpg

#346 7 years ago

Okay guys ...and gals....Here is my take on the glass and trust me...I bought 14 sheets and have installed them on 5 games now. I invested over 3,000.00

SO....HERE IS MY HONEST OPINION.

If you looking for the glare to go away around the speakers for those that have the lights mods or the reflection off the DMD's....there is not much difference if hardly any....

But....

I will say the the glass is like so clear towards the bottom...it is like i can reach my hard right thru there and touch the playfield. It is just as u move your eyes up towards the box...there is not much difference.

I think for the price it is good and worth the 239.00 and I dont know if JJP glass would be any better.

I just wish that is did not have the reflection coming off the box still and with that...I am a bit upset about that portion and was looking for better results on that part of the glass.

#349 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deafcon:

My glass arrived today. I tried it in TSPP, BG and Back to the future. I left it in Ghostbusters. It doesn't it eliminate dmd or backbox reflection. It does reduce it. It does look far more clear than regular glass. I had 4 people over that aren't pinball people and they agreed it was almost like there was no glass in some areas. Is it worth $240? Probably not, but I'm still going to buy 3 more sheets for my other games.

I like that part...is it worth it? PROBABLY NOT...but buying 3 more...lol....funny.

#362 7 years ago

I hate to say this andnI hardly ever make an issue on an product. I will most likely be returning all the ones I bought....again...looks nice...but it does not stop the glare coming off the DMD and for the price...it should. So got to pack them up and return them back to Chicago. Very disappointed...but I am going to check something this afternoon and i will update on what I find. Compare to JJP invaglass...going tonsee if there is a difference there and will ne posting on here....thank goodness for credit card payment...but I am sure Stern will have no problem with return...but I am heading to office to check on something.

Does anyone know if there is a right side up to this glass...I was thinking maybe I had it flipped around backwards???.

#363 7 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Have you had invisiglass or PDI glass before on these games? To be able to compare if you feel it is any better or worse?

Going to check on something today....will update everyone later today...stay tuned.

#367 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Didn't you read any of the comments in this thread about how anti-glare glass does not 100% suppress DMD and backglass glare?
    We are still waiting for someone to post side-by-side comparisons of Stern's product with Invisiglass and Roman/PDI.

Yeah...but i thought it would be better than the stock glass....and it is hardly any difference....but i am heading in and have an idea on how Incan compare to JJP invisiglass....but...yeah...more upset with myself...but it will all be okay either way...i will get it worked out...just hate to return them..but if not happy andnit does not work...should not have to stay with it....got some help coming in with me and going to put them side by side and see if we can get some photos posted here soon

#372 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wow. I don't even know what to say to this. I feel really badly for you. Would Stern take the unopened ones back?

Yeah...nothing wrong with them...still be in the same box and all packing....and tape up and all...nothing to feel bad about...just time ...that is all. But we will see...i am not 100 percent sure on what I am going to do...depends on today.

#373 7 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

i would have bought one piece to try out. jeeze.
    i am so glad i dont sell anything for a living.

Yeah...i should have just got like a couple and if happy...bought the rest...I was just thinking trip to Chicago...make it worth the trip...but now....might have to make another one...we will see.....

#375 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Heres my met with pdi.....took one pic with flash also and theres no reflection from that eaither. Also no backbox glare .

Now that is nice...where did u get yours from?

#378 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Both my pdi and invisaglass block out most backbox light and any other unwanted light. I got lucky and bought out a friends collection and it came with 7 sheets of pdi and 3 sheets if invisaglass and have been a huge fan of both since lol.

Okay...i am just asking...what is the difference between PDI and Invisaglass...two differnt products?

#411 7 years ago

I am not saying itnos not worth the price...I was just looking for the glare to be reduce alot with the new Stern HD glass and it did not make hardly any difference.

They have a 30 day return policy so I know Stern will honor that policy. Guess my dad is taking all 14 sheets back. I was just looking for more of a difference and I did not see it for me to keep them all.

#475 7 years ago

Well -- UPDATE on my Stern HD Glass -- My Dad return ALL 14 pieces and I was happy to say that at first they did not want to refund my money - but thanks to John with Stern and the Upper Management they did take them back because they have not yet announced that there was going to be a NO RETURN POLICY on the glass --

I should have not got so many at one time -- That was totally my fault and I only open 5 boxes but they did take them all back and they thank me for all the business that I do with them. So for that...Thanks to Stern for working we me on this return.

It was not that I was not totally happy -- there is a difference it was just that I was wanting the speaker lights and the DMD lights to be like gone or nearly gone - and there was really NO DIFFERENCE on that aspect.

Thanks Stern -- and thanks to Joe @ Pinball Star -- Glad I did not have stick JOE on them.

#480 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Slow down Wrench. 14 pieces wtf?

Yah...yah...okay...I know...i was hoping that this would get rid of the glare i have on my exiting glass...most have speaker lights and color DMD. I was trying to make it in all one trip. I learned a lesson.

#482 7 years ago

So am I safe to say that there is no glass that gets rid of the glare coming off the spraker lights and DMD???

JJP did not work either...little better that Sterns HD glass but not by much...still see reflections

#483 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't spend that money yet. I'm considering a GoFundMe to get you one sheet of PDI. Then you can use your returned funds to get another 13.
    Thank me later.

Now that is funny.....

#484 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't spend that money yet. I'm considering a GoFundMe to get you one sheet of PDI. Then you can use your returned funds to get another 13.
    Thank me later.

I would spend the money if it works. I do not mind that itnis higher...just want to eliminate the glare..without using a deflector shield if at all possible.

#491 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

All I can tell you is that at one point, I had three machines side by side. One with regular, one with Invisiglass, and one with PDI. It was clear (pardon the pun) to me as well as my wife which was which. I immediately sold the Invisiglass and got all PDI, and visitors comment all the time. There really is a difference...I just wished I'd filmed it when I had the chance. I really think you should try one (hell, get two...they ship together). I think you'll be very happy.

Okay...i will buy two...JUST TWO PDI glass and see how it is...how do I get those??

#496 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You need a DMD glare eliminator. I use the one from Comet Pinball. If it's a Plasma DMD, I put it directly on the plasma screen. If it's the new LED, I put it on the inside plastic. https://www.cometpinball.com/DMD-GLARE-ELIMINATOR-p/dmdglare.htm
    If you want to make your own, just use this: amazon.com link »
    Just make sure you rotate the film 90 degrees and use doubled sided tape.

What about speakers lights??

#501 7 years ago

How do I contact him.....??

#510 7 years ago

Thanks...i am going to get 4 sheets....of PDI and thanks to everyone's help

#511 7 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I have 5 sheets of PDI. I think it's an amazing product.
    Does it totally eliminate the glare from the DMD and backbox... uh, no. But who gives a Crap??!!!
    It makes the MOST IMPORTANT area of the playfield, the area from midway down the playfield to the flippers look incredibly clear.
    If the greatly reduced glare from the DMD, which slightly hampers your view up the ramp returns or backboard art is of concern to you, then buy an $8 piece of bent plastic.
    I'm going to order a few sheets of this new Stern glass (probably not 14!), and I expect to be extremely happy with it.
    Eyes on the prize, guys.

I was liking this...except when he crack me on the 14 part.....ouch....that hurt
    ....lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RichieWrench.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-anti-glare-glass?tu=RichieWrench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.