(Topic ID: 183274)

Stern Pinball Anti-glare glass

By DCFAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190422_195834595 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190422_195910241 (resized).jpg
    E14BE738-F90B-4325-B14A-1DC8F212E544 (resized).jpeg
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc2. (resized).PNG
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc. (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20190420-190336_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190307_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190300_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190254_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190246_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190239_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20190419_083554 (resized).jpg
    inspiration (resized).jpg
    Sparkle (resized).jpg
    F646DE81-1C98-4F69-ABED-C74D50468555 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3030 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#746 6 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

I bought 2 pieces of the Stern glass, and after hearing how great antireflective glass is I was underwhelmed. I don’t have any experience with the other two (PDI & JJP) so can't compare. Reflections have improved compared regular glass, but are still there from the translite & DMD. Both pieces have some spotiness in the coating at certain angles where the coating wasn’t uniform.
    If I had to do it over again I would have bought a ColorDMD instead for my LOTR.
    Here is a pic of my two pins with the Stern invisiglass installed:

In my game room I have Invisiglass, and one sheet PDI installed on all my games. I really can't tell the difference between the 2 brands, but for whatever reason I choose to use Invisiglass on most of my games. There are only 3 mods that I make to all my games....color dmd, invisiglass, and Cliffy protectors....if having to choose between the color and glass I would choose the color all day long....glass is just a "nice to have option"

#748 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Agreed, all mine that are compatible already have the ColorDMD in them. The reduction in reflections is pretty significant but depending on how tall you are and/or how you position yourself when playing a glare eliminator of some type is a better investment if that is you primary concern. How much better the games look in general with any of the high-end glass is extremely noticeable to me however and why I'm sold on it.

I couldn't agree more...its really night and day...

#754 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm reading Arcade's comment as meaning the lower half of the glass is treated more/better since you are looking at it most of the time - this would imply you need to install it only a certain way, and would need to thusly be marked

Nope...doesnt matter, which way its installed...both sides are coated....

#762 6 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Yep, bent plastic will be included in my next order from PBL, and I expect ColorDMD to change things as the LCD on the MMr is not an issue. The real reflection disappointment are the translites as I had expected any glare/reflection from them to go away. Like I said, an improvement over regular glass, but still underwhelmed for $450 shipped...

$450 shipped for the glass?

#765 6 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Correct, 2 sheets......

makes sense I've never seen the stern glass...I have both PDI and Invisiglass...prefer the Invisiglass, but there's not much difference between the 2

#770 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vdrums:

Ptown What do like more about the Invisiglass over PDI? I don't believe I've read that opinion yet.
    It seems from reading and pics that Stern is very similar to invisiglass, so that sounds encouraging.
    I've only seen invisiglass in person (on DI) and thought it was an improvement over pins next to it with standard glass, and the DI standard I once saw in a different setting.

Like I said there really isn't much difference between the PDI and Invisiglass....sitting side by side from each other they both look the same from side to side, and from the players perspective. What was a little different is the Invisiglass didnt have as much glare from the back box. Now to be fair their different games (ACDC, Metallica), but I felt IG was a little better. They do block a significant amount of glare from the back box, but they don't eliminate it entirely. The other issue was PDI seemed to be out of stock all the time due to manufacturing issues (thats what I was told)...IV is made in the USA by JJP and its usually available.

#772 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

No they don't. I had Invisiglass and there was such a difference, I actually upgraded to PDI. Now it's on all my machines.

I completely disagree...if anything PDI was worse...Invisigalass is on all my machines due to that...PDI was a downgrade

#774 6 years ago

Possibly??...all I know is JJP seems to keep them in stock....

#777 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

When was your last eye exam?

Ha....20-10 for the record...possibly you have some serious issues on your end...might want to head to the doc today

#781 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have serious issues, but it has nothing to do with my eyes.

we all have issues, but honestly I see zero difference between the two products...I have 8 sheets of IG and 2 sheets of PDI...

1 year later
    #829 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

IV is not made by JJP. It's made by Decor Glass Specialties at their Chicago area plant. The sales office moved from Chicago to a small town in North Carolina aboot seven years ago when the owner wanted to get away from Chicago traffic & weather.
    They supplied the glass that helped keep JJP healthy when machines were not shipping. Recall those discounts of 2 for 1 etc....
    They did a lot of standard glass business with Bally (the real Bally), Midway, Williams etc. many years ago as well.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Good intel...can u buy directly from these guys?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-anti-glare-glass?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.