(Topic ID: 183274)

Stern Pinball Anti-glare glass

By DCFAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190422_195834595 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190422_195910241 (resized).jpg
    E14BE738-F90B-4325-B14A-1DC8F212E544 (resized).jpeg
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc2. (resized).PNG
    Decor Glass Specialties Inc. (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20190420-190336_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190307_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190300_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190254_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190246_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-190239_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20190419_083554 (resized).jpg
    inspiration (resized).jpg
    Sparkle (resized).jpg
    F646DE81-1C98-4F69-ABED-C74D50468555 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3030 (resized).JPG

There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.
    #51 7 years ago

Can someone ask how thick it is? It appears that they just took that image then, so it's all still a bit fuzzy what the glass is.

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Can someone ask how thick it is? It appears that they just took that image then, so it's all still a bit fuzzy what the glass is.

Same as standard glass.

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

What was your shipping charge on the glass? Looks like Stern is in the $45 range. I'd like to know how total cost (shipped) compares.

2 sheets for $75 or $65 for a single. So i said screw it and ordered 2.

#54 7 years ago

I hope pinball news does an updated comparison article.

I chose PDI over Invisiglass based on that article.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I hope pinball news does an updated comparison article.
    I chose PDI over Invisiglass based on that article.

I did likewise. I've been very pleased with the PDI glass I've purchased. It's beautiful to look through without seeing any distracting reflections. Expensive but very nice. It will be interesting to see how Stern's new glass compares.

#56 7 years ago

I have 5 sheets of PDI glass currently. I believe it's the best mod in all of pinball. It's truly enhances the gameplay experience. Not just bling.

If the Stern glass is comprable, I'll be ordering MANY sheets.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Don't worry. It won't be.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from JJHLH:

I did likewise. I've been very pleased with PDI glass. It's beautiful to look through without seeing any distracting reflections. Expensive but very nice. It will be interesting to see how Stern's glass compares.

I don't know how Stern's glass can be any clearer than PDI. Maybe it can equal the clearness...until it's tested no one knows.

The price they're charging is definitely a game changer.

#59 7 years ago

I will give it a shot if better priced!! I have both pdi and invis in all my 23 machines. Quite a cost but it makes the playing experience so much better!!

#60 7 years ago

All I'm saying is that If Steve Richie came by my booth of Star Trek machines at TPF and offered me a sheet of glass to put in my Stern Star Trek LE... then; I wouldn't turn him down.

#61 7 years ago

Even if the glass is almost as good as PDI, Stern has a huge advantage over 3rd party glass suppliers because they are the ones selling games. Such an easy upgrade at the point of sale (dealers), especially if they have a sheet installed on a game in the showroom. My guess is the majority of Stern NIB buyers have no idea about the difference between Invisi and PDI, and probably don't know such a product even exists. A $230 point of sale upgrade on a $5-$10k game is a no brainer. Especially for an upgrade that makes such a huge difference.

#62 7 years ago

Can't wait to hear impressions

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Can't wait to hear impressions

Do you think there will be a clear winner? I just hope the evaluation process is transparent.

#64 7 years ago

Jesus. When's the encore? Haha. I just hope it's somewhat good BC these glass prices are ridiculous.

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I have 5 sheets of PDI glass currently. I believe it's the best mod in all of pinball. It's truly enhances the gameplay experience. Not just bling.

That's good to hear, I waited awhile but my sheets show up today. Primarily bought it for my MMR. If it's worth the money it'll go on all my machines.

#66 7 years ago

I still can't believe that they just stole an image with incorrect specs from another site to put on their own. Lazy, unethical, and a cause for confusion.

Jody, get your house in order. You seriously can't do a single thing right. Every reveal or launch is a clear marketing flub.

Edit: Image has been changed now. Only took a day...

#67 7 years ago

Of course, they should include this glass on their LEs (at the very least), along with the shaker and topper that they don't include.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I still can't believe that they just stole an image with incorrect specs from another site to put on their own. Lazy, unethical, and a cause for confusion.
    Jody, get your house in order. You seriously can't do a single thing right. Every reveal or launch is a clear marketing flub.

Every time you call out Jody by name (on pinside and in private conversations), golf balls are replaced by fluffy white kittens on driving ranges everywhere. Personally I wouldn't want that weighing on my conscious - but I do like little fluffy kittens.

Also, pretty sure Jody doesn't make the ads and trusts those who do - BUT - come to think of it, I did notice on my last Stern visit they had hired a scrappy little German Shepherd in the art department...

edit...Good to see everyone has a great sense of humor here as usual -or the downvoters HATE cats

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Dude... what is your deal??! Does this stuff effect you in some way that is not readily apparent to everybody else?!

Stern is now offered anti-reflective glass. I haven't seen it yet. Have you?! Do you know who supplied Stern with the image?! I don't. Could be the vendor... who knows. Who cares?!!

Why do you have to be so friggin negative about all things Stern, and particularly about Jody?! It's tiresome.

"Unethical?!", "Get your house in order"?! Wtf sort of urgency and rigour do you feel should be applied to these incredibly important press releases?! Get a grip, brother.

I've said it many times, but once again, "This is supposed to be fun!".

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Why do you have to be so friggin negative about all things Stern, and particularly about Jody?! It's tiresome.

I'm not negative about all things Stern. I do dislike Jody however, and I have very, very good reasons for that. I've chosen not to discuss it publicly, but Stern, and pinball as a whole, would be much better off without him. For real.

And yes, this stuff matters. You can't put out incorrect information so consistently. You can't put out misleading or outright incorrect information about products. If the image they publish is wrong, there are issues with that. They put out on image showing it was 2.5mm thick. Apparently it's double that. It matters, because people won't order if they think that the glass is too thin to sit well in a channel. It affects sales. It also causes all kinds of confusion. Because they used an image from a different product, people had no idea what Stern was actually selling. It's still a bit muddy.

If you want to talk about tiresome, how about your blind defense of stuff? Things don't get better if they don't get fair or valid criticism. I've never blindly hated on anything. If I don't like something, I'll clearly state why. You defend things and people without knowing why (and being a fanboy is not a valid reason), and that's crazy. Unless you actually want to keep getting poor communication, misleading information, and confusing announcements, then stop blindly praising everything without asking fair questions.

Aerosmith looks good. I've heard mostly positive things. I'm excited to play it in a week. I'll happily praise what I like and point out what could be improved. That's how critique is supposed to work in pinball.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I'm not negative about all things Stern. I do dislike Jody however, and I have very, very good reasons for that. I've chosen not to discuss it publicly, but Stern, and pinball as a whole, would be much better off without him. For real.
    And yes, this stuff matters. You can't put out incorrect information so consistently. You can't put out misleading or outright incorrect information about products. If the image they publish is wrong, there are issues with that. They put out on image showing it was 2.5mm thick. Apparently it's double that. It matters, because people won't order if they think that the glass is too thin to sit well in a channel. It affects sales. It also causes all kinds of confusion. Because they used an image from a different product, people had no idea what Stern was actually selling. It's still a bit muddy.
    If you want to talk about tiresome, how about your blind defense of stuff? Things don't get better if they don't get fair or valid criticism. I've never blindly hated on anything. If I don't like something, I'll clearly state why. You defend things and people without knowing why (and being a fanboy is not a valid reason), and that's crazy. Unless you actually want to keep getting poor communication, misleading information, and confusing announcements, then stop blindly praising everything without asking fair questions.
    Aerosmith looks good. I've heard mostly positive things. I'm excited to play it in a week. I'll happily praise what I like and point out what could be improved. That's how critique is supposed to work in pinball.

I guess the news of Jody murdering your family didn't make it up to Canada. Haha. I kid. I have no idea what your beef with Jody is... but I also don't care. I'm not going to bicker about it with you. If you have a beef with anybody though, why don't you take it up with them instead of seeding it like breadcrumbs all over the forum?! Just a thought.

I think we just have very different approaches. I have never "Blindly" praised anything.

I do however, speak enthusiastically about the things I like, and I tend to simply move on from topics that don't concern me, pins I don't like, or products that don't interest me.

I'm interested in this glass. I didn't say, "This glass is going to be incredible! You're an idiot if you don't buy it. Stern is amazing!!". I simply said, "If this is a good product, I'll buy lots of it". That's the way I feel about all things pinball. If I like it, I buy it. If somebody trashes somebody or something that I like, I'll usually chime in saying "I disagree", but I'm not big on back and forthing. I certainly won't follow anybody around.

Mostly, I don't want to add to the noise and negativity here. So, Carry on.

I'm pretty excited to see this glass. I hope it's great, cause PDI to Canada is EXPENSIVE!!

I got a chance to play an Aerosmith Pro at M-Brew in Michigan last week. It's REALLY fun, and looks even better in person than it does in pics. Donny killed the art. It's awesome.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I may go for a Premium... maybe with this new glass!

Keep Flipping!

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Mostly, I don't want to add to the noise and negativity here. So, Carry on.
    I'm pretty excited to see this glass. I hope it's great, cause PDI to Canada is EXPENSIVE!!
    I got a chance to play an Aerosmith Pro at M-Brew in Michigan last week. It's REALLY fun, and looks even better in person than it does in pics. Donny killed the art. It's awesome.
    I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I may go for a Premium... maybe with this new glass!
    Keep Flipping!

Hey, no worries. No hard feelings.

I'm really interested in the glass too. I want to see it in person and I want to know the finer details, such as cleaning requirements. The price is good, so I'd grab a sheet for my GBLE right away if the details line up. Last night at league we were talking about a group buy if it is comparable to other anti-reflective glass options. We just had no idea at that point.

#73 7 years ago

Hopefully it is a decent product, and hopefully they will let us local folks pick it up rather than pay for shipping. Save that cost and THEN we have a nice deal...........

#74 7 years ago

It will be interesting to see how JJP reacts to this. Hopefully it will start a price war. There is obviously a crazy amount of markup on this stuff. I'd love to see Jack drop the price of his to $200 just to say "FU" to Stern.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It will be interesting to see how JJP reacts to this. Hopefully it will start a price war. There is obviously a crazy amount of markup on this stuff. I'd love to see Jack drop the price of his to $200 just to say "FU" to Stern.

Some competition in this area was needed. Hopefully the customers benifit.

#76 7 years ago

Out of curiosity what is the US cost for invisi glass, PDI, purely asking as I'm curious how Sterns offering compares price wise over your side of the pond.

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Some competition in this area was needed.

...assuming this will be an equal or better product as compared to Invisiglass and/or PDI.

The competition Stern injects will hopefully be a legit equivalent product rather than a pretender like the guy that used to be on Pinside trying to sell glare reducing glass that was not even close to PDI and Invisiglass.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

...assuming this will be an equal or better product as compared to Invisiglass and/or PDI.
    The competition Stern injects will hopefully be a legit equivalent product rather than a pretender like the guy that used to be on Pinside trying to sell glare reducing glass that was not even close to PDI and Invisiglass.

If Stern is branding it I'm sure it will be at least as good as JJP's product. I don't see Stern selling a lesser product. I always preferred PDI to Invisiglass but have them about 50/50 on my machines now.

Getting high performance glass is like an addicitive drug...once you have one sheet of the stuff it is hard to stop before your entire collection is done.

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Out of curiosity what is the US cost for invisi glass, PDI, purely asking as I'm curious how Sterns offering compares price wise over your side of the pond.

$290-$300

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Joey charges $300 a pop for each sheet of Roman's glass. I know that's a lot more than you guys pay over there, which is why I was speculating how insane the margin must be. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that even at $240 a sheet, Stern is marking it up at least 100%.

#81 7 years ago

I'm going to snag a sheet of this next week and put it on my Ghostbusters (which is currently next to my Hobbit that has Invisaglass). It should be easy to do a comparison and provide feedback at that point.

#82 7 years ago

I hope this is the new standard for the LE buyer...

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I'm going to snag a sheet of this next week and put it on my Ghostbusters (which is currently next to my Hobbit that has Invisaglass). It should be easy to do a comparison and provide feedback at that point.

That would be awesome and hugely helpful to everyone here, look forward to reading your review/comparison.

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I would go in for a sheet as well since we are neighbors....lol Surely we can pick them up somewhere and don't have to pay shipping, even if we have to go through a local distro. I can do my BM66LE that sits next to my WOZ and run a comparison off of that.

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

I go in for a sheet as well since we are neighbors....lol Surely we can pick them up somewhere and don't have to pay shipping, even if we have to go through a local distro. Maybe GAP will be carrying it.

I'm going to call the parts department and see if this can be picked up. No sense to ship it 20 miles!

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I'm going to call the parts department and see if this can be picked up. No sense to ship it 20 miles!

I work literally 4 blocks from the place and live by St. Charles.....I could pick it up anytime in my truck, and I can bring back a group order if need be.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

You can't put out incorrect information so consistently. You can't put out misleading or outright incorrect information

You can.

It's called alternative facts.

-

More competition is good.

#88 7 years ago

Just left a message at Stern asking about local pick up options. I'll update when I'm called back

#89 7 years ago

I received a call back from Stern and was told that if local pickup is preferred that it is an option. Whoever is picking up must have an account registered at the Stern Online Store and you must email or call ahead with your order request.

#90 7 years ago

Just out of curiosity, I have looked at items in the Stern store and the shipping was quite high. Marco, however has very cheap shipping for large items. I wonder if Marco will carry this?

#91 7 years ago

Subbing in for feedback once people get some on their machines. I'm to chicken &^%^ to take the plunge myself.

#92 7 years ago

Glad there's gonna be a 3rd option for antiglare glass. I've been dragging my feet with buying it for a while and in the end that may pay off.

Though Sterns single sheets are cheaper invisaglass in bulk 4 or more are $221 a sheet so I wonder if Stern will have bulk pricing. Also wide body glass is something I'll like to to see if they'll offer.

#93 7 years ago

221 shipped? jeeze if that's the case, I might order 2 if someone wants to buy the other 2!

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I might order 2 if someone wants to buy the other 2!

Winner winner, chicken dinner .

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

221 shipped? jeeze if that's the case, I might order 2 if someone wants to buy the other 2!

Plus shipping or tax if you pick up. But if Sterns glass is equal or nicer than pdi glass the extra $20 per sheet would be worth it since everyone says pdi is better than invis.

#96 7 years ago

i'm sure it works just as shitty as JJPs and PDI's.

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'm sure it works just as shitty as JJPs and PDI's.

Holy pessimist. I'll be positive . PDI looks notably better than Invisiglass to me (JJP). I want to know whether the Stern option looks as good as Invisiglass, or as good as PDI. That already is three possible outcomes. (is four possible? lol)

#98 7 years ago

I have not seen PDI glass in person but the Invisaglass that's on my Hobbit is a noticeable improvement over standard glass. Price for additional sheets held me back from replacing the glass on my other pins. If the Stern glass is on par with Invisaglass I'll take advantage of their lower price point and replace my remaining glass. I'm happy there is another option finally.

#100 7 years ago

I would like to get some of this glass, will there be ghosting or delamination issues?

There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-anti-glare-glass/page/2?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.