Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kool1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (1) (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    14B0E26A-EFFD-408D-BA93-3AD95A9042D6 (resized).jpeg
    Seth_Remastered (resized).png
    aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2QvMTkvNWYvZDE5NWZjNjRhNmJjMDA1Y2EyY2U5OGI4NjkzMWYxMWQyYjcwZDJiMi5wbmc (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211014-214738.jpg
    b3e66cb84521daf503f3a3d590cd35206cb77c1c (resized).png
    wee_woo (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    FDC503AB-DD28-4D9E-BA37-7F18EE08EBAF (resized).jpeg
    sega prices (resized).jpg
    D272EFC2-465E-4452-8730-B0760EEC95CC (resized).jpeg
    snes prices (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 11.23.23 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 2 years ago

Suspect this is good for Stern, bad for collectors.

He does not strike me as a pinball guy or else they would have said so.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Also...new guy has GE on his resume. We have had a number of ex-GE Welch-era people through upper management where I work. They have all been assholes and tyrants, and none of them lasted very long. The company was worse off in their aftermath every time. Here is hoping this does not occur with Stern.

This. GE is not a good company. I know a couple people that work for them and they are basically trapped because they pay high salaries over market rate to keep you stuck in their miserable corporate hell.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from splickety_lit:

Here we go again. People overreacting before anything at all has happened. If Stern does something shady, then we can all rightfully revolt. Until that happens, let's just calm down and wait. Which I know is a dumb thing to say here.

That is the nature of internet discussion forums. You say what you think and people respond, no harm done.

I just think it's interesting that they chose "rando streaming revenue hero" over "pinball vet champion of the people" like Gomez. Stern must feel like pinball is finally healthy enough and so far out of survival mode as an industry that they can start really dialing it in.

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Man. Tough crowd.
    I understand the concern, but maybe the guy should get a chance before we all decide to hate him.
    I'm hoping he's OK if Gary likes him.

It’s not about the guy. I’m sure he’s lovely and his farts sound like stairway to heaven.

It’s about the decision to put someone with experience in building streaming revenues in charge instead of someone with experience in moving pinball forward. To me it’s literally a press release saying “connected streaming is our priority right now”.

It’s like Ford hiring the CEO of a solar power company even though he has a Camaro in his garage. He’s not there because he’s a Ford guy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-announces-new-president-?tu=radium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.