Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kool1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (1) (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    14B0E26A-EFFD-408D-BA93-3AD95A9042D6 (resized).jpeg
    Seth_Remastered (resized).png
    aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2QvMTkvNWYvZDE5NWZjNjRhNmJjMDA1Y2EyY2U5OGI4NjkzMWYxMWQyYjcwZDJiMi5wbmc (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211014-214738.jpg
    b3e66cb84521daf503f3a3d590cd35206cb77c1c (resized).png
    wee_woo (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    FDC503AB-DD28-4D9E-BA37-7F18EE08EBAF (resized).jpeg
    sega prices (resized).jpg
    D272EFC2-465E-4452-8730-B0760EEC95CC (resized).jpeg
    snes prices (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 11.23.23 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

All of you guys that support this insider garbage need to wake up. Insider is literally the beginning of what will become milking season for stern and all of those that sell on their behalf. This new president just cements that vision.
    The video game market is already swamped by this type of microtransaction BS and there is no turning back. DLC pinball - here we come.
    Already hearing the shills explain I would buy updated code for 1k if they hired someone to work on it! Sure - that makes a ton of sense. Buy code now for 10k and then when the better code comes out, ask for another 1k. Want another mode that we didn't include intentionally in the original code so we could charge $300 later for it? Sure.
    Buy Buy Buy!!!!
    Rant over but seriously, get ready. It's coming and hopefully everyone begins to see what this all means down the road.

As said before, DLC is a lot different when you spend $60 for a video game vs. $8,000+
    I am 100% out for any DLC regardless of the cost
    If I never buy a new machine and just keep what I have for my pinball lifetime, I will be content
    There is way too much FOMO in this hobby instead of enjoying what we already have

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Pretty sure that if offered a new mode for your favorite pinball game....you wouldn't be able to get your cash out quick enough. Take it from me, games like Ghostbusters are only half-finished. A few extra hours of code and you can add so much more fun. Same for any pinball game.
    I'm pretty sure they just want subscribers to their Insider service, so any DLC will most likely be free and exclusive. Which means, every man and his dog who owns a Stern pinball machine will sign up.....eventually. Some will bitch and moan for a while, but you will all sign up. They're counting on it.

Sorry, not me. I have enough pinball skills to enjoy my games and get into the code ... but I have yet to come close to getting through all the modes on any machine I have owned. On games like JP I have probably only progressed about 25% through the modes/code - no DLC for me.

Stern can obviously do what they want and I guess we will see what happens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-announces-new-president-?tu=BMore-Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.