Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kool1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (1) (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    14B0E26A-EFFD-408D-BA93-3AD95A9042D6 (resized).jpeg
    Seth_Remastered (resized).png
    aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2QvMTkvNWYvZDE5NWZjNjRhNmJjMDA1Y2EyY2U5OGI4NjkzMWYxMWQyYjcwZDJiMi5wbmc (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211014-214738.jpg
    b3e66cb84521daf503f3a3d590cd35206cb77c1c (resized).png
    wee_woo (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    FDC503AB-DD28-4D9E-BA37-7F18EE08EBAF (resized).jpeg
    sega prices (resized).jpg
    D272EFC2-465E-4452-8730-B0760EEC95CC (resized).jpeg
    snes prices (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 11.23.23 AM (resized).png
    There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

And look what has happened to Disney. It has gone to shit. Not a good example there.

It will be interesting to see if Stern keeps growing but at the expense of core fans. I have seen the same thing with Disney fans where they say the experience and value are bad now but the company is still growing and making money hand over fist.

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You don’t find the freak out about this a little bit hysterical? People are jumping to ridiculous conclusions.
    What would the reaction be if Spooky had landed this guy?
    “Wow!!! Spooky is a world class company now! So proud of Charlie and co. for proving they can attract top corporate talent!!! They are ready to finally crush Stern!!!”
    You know what also always gets me about Pinside? Every story needs a bad guy, and a good guy who has been “wronged.” Stern is always the bad guy. Screwing Lyman, steve Ritchie, or Gomez. There can be no other explanation.
    You guys know that Gomez is only a few years younger than Gary Stern right? The new evil corporate guy they just brought in to fuck all of you repeatedly is a young guy. You know, the kind of guy you bring in to run a company for a decade or two. Maybe Gomez is a happy doing what he’s doing for the next few years until he retires?
    Nah, can’t be that simple. Clearly, just another Stern ratfucking!!

Lol. Imagine what this thread would look like if his resume said he previously worked at Wendy's or Walmart. Stern is getting into the fast food market made in China!

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from jcg9998:

I think it's fairly obvious the new guy was brought in to create new revenue streams. Even though pessimism abounds, ultimately this could be a good thing. If Insider Connected leads to more games 'in the wild' then all the people saying they want to play on location will get their wish. You won't have to pay 'ridiculous' prices to play a game. The idea is for the new President to make more money for the company. Any good businessperson knows that they need satisfied customers in order to accomplish this.
    It might seem hard to believe at the moment, but the possibility exists that the base prices on some games could actually decrease. Stern knows that higher prices just means more competition. Lowering your prices weeds out competition.
    Personally, I'd rather have more content even if I had to pay for it. More revenue streams means more content and more choices. We shouldn't presume guilt (Stern removing content from their games) before the facts are made clear. I'm sure most NIB buyers would rather pay a few hundred dollars for new content for their games and keep them fresh than not get nothing at all.

I was genuinely going to post almost this exact same sentiment... but when typing and seeing the phrase "prices decrease" actually written in a Stern thread, I couldn't stop laughing. So thanks for saving me the trouble!

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nah, can’t be that simple. Clearly, just another Stern ratfucking!!

Talk to John Oliver. He has a picture for that.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #155 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

It will be interesting to see if Stern keeps growing but at the expense of core fans. I have seen the same thing with Disney fans where they say the experience and value are bad now but the company is still growing and making money hand over fist.

Well, Lincoln F. Sternn gets along pretty well with Hanover Fiste, so maybe this will work out.

images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #156 2 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

I hope he is a Rush fan.

Rush is happening

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-announces-new-president-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.