Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 310 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PDXGeek
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

201205161503030.kleeenex-portfolio.jpg
    BEYOTCH.jpg
    Fthis.gif
    Awarded_no_points.jpg
    L-Ford-GT-40-5.jpg
    Ford-GT_mp8_pic_21988.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 11 years ago
    Quoted from mechslave:

So far, worst thread of the new year!

The only thread I bothered reading apart from 'I'm addicted to Pinside', so it can't be that bad...

Personally, I can see what the op is getting at... another major setback IMO re Sterns is the lack of cows... with B/W you got a feeling of the fun of the B/W team were having in making the games... which would filter through to the player through cows and give the player more of a feeling of fun while playing... Stern games all have an air of seriousness about them that can make them a bit teduious at times... Apart from ones that are linked to a comedy theme, but still, where are the cows

That's my half-penneth anyway...

#169 11 years ago
    Quoted from perryd:

You have made your point and you are a bitter buyer of a bad game. Get over it

I don't think the op actually said he was against the Stern game, just an observation that his son found it easier to get into the IJ...

Quoted from DrJoe:

The licensed themes of Stern games likely keeps this from happening. Although the cows made an appearance in BBH.

Mmmm, didn't realise BBH has cows... not actually played that one... Now you've got me thinking what B/W games were licenced and had cows or easter eggs... Did JD have 'em... or DM... TZ, TAF... BSD...? It's a while since I played these games...

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Could have a 'save the cow' campaign??

Now that's an idea! Bring back the cows!

#171 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

I played a Monopoly slot machine the othe day, pretty sure it was a WMS, and guess what, frickin cows. Didn't think about it until you mentioned it.

Cows live forever!!

#189 11 years ago
    Quoted from mechslave:

LOL Worst thread, meaning the OP asks questions and ignores the answers, or says answers don't count from certain people like Lloyd. I mean, seriously? I stopped reading when I saw the OP say that Lloyd's opinion doesn't count. Haha...

The OP makes sweeping, false generalizations throughout the thread, and when confronted with reality and opposing facts, chooses to ignore them, or make another false generalization. It's just a terrible, frustrating read.

Fair enough... I have to admit I hadn't read the whole thread, just the opening post and a few responses... My bad

Quoted from mechslave:

Newsflash: Players do not walk away disgusted after playing Tron, IM, etc.

I'm not sure I fully agree with this though... I was a bit pissed with my Tron I have to say... I wouldn't go as far as to say disgusted, but I was very dissapointed with several aspects of the game and it found a new home fairly quickly, and has been moved on from there too now I gather...

#190 11 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

operate an Iron Man, and this has not been true in my experience. Although it is one of my better-earning pins overall, it is solidly below Lord of the Rings, Batman Dark Knight, and Pirates of the Caribbean in earnings. When I talk to casual players about it (which I do constantly), they say that they just don't get their money/time worth on Iron Man vs a game like BDK or LOTR

An interesting a very valid observation... players who play on site have to pay per game, so a short game (TRON included) will equal poor value for money, whereas the home user doesn't give a s**t if the game is short, in fact it has a distinct advantage at times! This 'average ball time' alone would drive a big divide between what makes a good sited game and what makes a good home game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-and-why-williams-still-outperforms-them?tu=pinballslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.