Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 310 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PDXGeek
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

201205161503030.kleeenex-portfolio.jpg
    BEYOTCH.jpg
    Fthis.gif
    Awarded_no_points.jpg
    L-Ford-GT-40-5.jpg
    Ford-GT_mp8_pic_21988.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdxmonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

Dont feel sorry for me. I like AC/DC music as well. But the cheapness in that design is horrific. T2 is a much better game in every way.

Y

Quoted from PDXGeek:

Dont feel sorry for me. I like AC/DC music as well. But the cheapness in that design is horrific. T2 is a much better game in every way. Not only do you got 95% of AC/DC, but its much more fun!! (these statements are totally objective, but T2 is still better then AC/DC!) ;p

Your a smart and a fun dude no doubt but this is the dumbest thing i've heard all day.
    I couldn't disagree more.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Bell Super Jackpot with 3x running in any of the Multiballs.

Damn beat me too it
    X3 better than t2's

#94 11 years ago

Seriously though,
    ACDC is a way better pin in my eyes
    The x2 and x3 bell shots add a lot to design and canon shots, way better than the T2 skull.
    I hear ya the rules are complex for beginners but usually they can get a ramp or album mb if they shoot the right ramp from time to time.
    Lower pf is awesome (x2 or x3 rules) but I also think there will be more lower pf with code enhancements such as scoring and with mb on main pf?!
    VIP pass is also genius.
    T2 goals are easy but after you figure where to hit for sj its pretty damn repeative.
    T2 doesn't even have a wizard mode.

2 months later
    #266 11 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

Everyones favorite AC/DC vs AFM only comparing when multiballs start.
    AC/DC - When does a multiball start? Well who knows, from a players perspective, I know when the cannon light is flashing, I will either be shooting the cannon at a target, playing the under-pf game, or a multi-ball will start. There is no indication prior to making the shot what will happen.
    AFM - When does multiball start? Easy, when you lock three balls as noted on the PF with lights. Additionally, you quickly discover that when you make all shots 3 times, something awesome is probably going to happen, and it does. Intuitive and simple. Shoot shots, fill out lights, game goes crazy.

The dmd will tell you how many ramps left, drop tagets, loops left,for certain multiballs
    Then the big jam album or tour multiball starts flashing near the flippers the right ramp is ready for multiball.
    Not too hard.

#291 11 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

Every AC/DC I have played has this problem. What did you do to solve it? In fact, the bell is the worst part of AC/DC for the whole game design. Who wants to play a game where you launch the ball and one of three things happens. A quick STDM, push into the right slingshot which likes to end in an outlane, or if your lucky, a landing on the right flipper. If instead the ball could never come down the middle, and the entry to the bell was instead a small jump ramp that hit the bell, and then put the ball into the left orbit to the flipper, you would have a great flowing pinball.

Just cause you suck doesn't mean it's a bad game...

#304 11 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

Haha, I like easy outs that dont require facts, like your statement. I mean, a great way to win any argument is to just make personal attacks and not use facts. In fact, maybe all disagreements should be solved with boxing gloves, that seems reasonable.
    Good news Monkey, AC/DC now tilts when Multiball starts. Ill debug it tomorrow, seems tied to shaker activity, but not sure how that is possible, since the shaker goes off on other things that doesnt trigger a tilt.

Facts
    1.) You told me yourself your thinking of selling fishtales and cftbl to fund avengers premium.
    As the op of this slanderous thread how does that make any sense?!
    2.) a vast majority of pinball enthusiast prefer acdc to say T2.
    3.) the bell sdtm rarely happens on that machine unless you have the game not leveled correctly.
    5.) Hillsboro is not portland but you can pretend if it makes you feel cooler.

Theories
    1.) you started this thread in angst of xmen code 1.23 which was garbage.
    Good for you I hope it made you feel better.
    2.) acdc is badass, get GC and we'll talk. That paticular acdc GC is totally obtainable.
    3.) you suck, play better.

balls in your court bro

#309 11 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

haha That will never happen Jim ;p We just like picking on each other. PDX is the Airport code, and it sounds good. Some people refer to Portland as P-Town, but I know better than that. Monkey doesnt even live in Portland proper, he is in a suburb, just as I am. But the burbs is where all the pinball action is!

Really my address is portland.

Quoted from jimjim66:

Off topic: I had to Google PDX to figure this one out. I never knew PDX was an acronym for Portland.
    Seems you two know each other, don't let a thread on a pinball forum cause a wedge between two people who both like pinball and live close enough to each other to play each others pins. Really not worth it.

It's too late bro,
    We've already scheduled a knife fight in Ground Kontrol parking lot...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdxmonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-and-why-williams-still-outperforms-them?tu=pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.