(Topic ID: 310915)

Stern Pinball Alley sign wanted *$4500!!*

By jake35

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0991 (resized).jpeg
    stern sign (resized).jpg
    20230613_234210 (resized).jpg
    ezgif-2-3cedef0f11.gif
    20230104_090954 (resized).jpg
    20230104_091012 (resized).jpg
    20230104_092247 (resized).jpg
    20230104_092140 (resized).jpg
    20230104_092201 (resized).jpg
    Stern Sign (resized).png
    2574B014-F6F4-45A0-B4B4-240E92AE7105 (resized).jpeg
    stern-pinball-alley (resized).jpg
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

I would love to buy this and will pay above retail if anyone has one, $4,500!!
    stern-pinball-alley (resized).jpgstern-pinball-alley (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

I thought they were custom made, does Stern actually license these??

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I thought they were custom made, does Stern actually license these??

Yes they were sold and shipped directly from stern with TV like wall mounts for 2400 bucks.

#5 2 years ago

My dad has been trying to buy this for 2 years

We are looking for one willing to pay $3500

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mayboyz:

Perhaps you should start your own thread, rather than hijacking this one.

#7 2 years ago

I bid 3501. LOL

Could possibly get a local sign shop to build one pretty similar. Get a few made and you could sell them.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mayboyz:

you're definitely one of those people who gets on the elevator before the people who just rode it have a chance to get off.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mayboyz:

More like the guy whose supposed to merge and rolls 100 yards on the shoulder to cut people off.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mayboyz:

Does your Dad drive a dodge stratus by any chance?

—————————————————————————————————-

Here’s one in Thailand roughly $5k shipped

https://www.thailandpooltables.com/stern-pinball-alley-sign.html

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Does your Dad drive a dodge stratus by any chance?
    —————————————————————————————————-
    Here’s one in Thailand roughly $5k shipped
    https://www.thailandpooltables.com/stern-pinball-alley-sign.html

I saw that, but not sure if the sign is legit, price is high and what are chances it would arrive intact from across the world.

#13 2 years ago

Grow up dude

#14 2 years ago

Exactly what the people do rolling up the shoulder to screw other people. Hit me with your Dad's contact info. I'd never deal with someone as childish as your apparently entitled self. Keep digging and jumping. You're building your own reputation.

#15 2 years ago

And now deactivated, after 6 years. Good riddance.......

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

you're definitely one of those people who gets on the elevator before the people who just rode it have a chance to get off.

LMAO

#17 2 years ago

He tried to buy my Munsters topper and I didn't like his attitude in our exchanges. It's funny Pinbub mentioned entitled because that's why he didn't get it. He messaged me 9 months later which was 2 days ago and made an offer(which I believe was fake) and I told him I'd throw it in the trash before he ever got it.

#18 2 years ago

Maybe we can get stern to make a few for everyone? Stern are you open to this?

#19 2 years ago

updated with higher price offered!

#20 2 years ago

I'm not sure if it was for sale or not, but the last time I was at Game Exchange of Colorado (about 6 months ago) they had one. I joked with the sales rep that I might need one after I buy more machines.
    Maybe reach out to JJ at the shop...

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from BluntManGuy:

I'm not sure if it was for sale or not, but the last time I was at Game Exchange of Colorado (about 6 months ago) they had one. I joked with the sales rep that I might need one after I buy more machines.
    Maybe reach out to JJ at the shop...

thanks! I sent him a message. I just picked up a couple more Stern LEs and would love to hang this above the row.

#22 2 years ago

Never knew they sold them. Hope you find one. Way cool.

#23 2 years ago

Just so you know, Stern has no plans to make anymore. Ive had several on order and the cost to make them has went up so much that its not reasonable to make them. Previous they were about 3k, it is around 9k to remake them now, thanks covid. 1 that was on order was for my showroom

#25 2 years ago

Looks like there's a diagram with dimensions on the back of the flyer. Use that to make your own home copy.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Just so you know, Stern has no plans to make anymore. Ive had several on order and the cost to make them has went up so much that its not reasonable to make them. Previous they were about 3k, it is around 9k to remake them now, thanks covid. 1 that was on order was for my showroom

9k? Wonder what material makes them so more higher than before.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:9k? Wonder what material makes them so more higher than before.

It never cost 3k to make them and they wouldn’t cost 9k to make today.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

It never cost 3k to make them and they wouldn’t cost 9k to make today.

Yeah, I bet a reasonable knockoff could be made for less then a grand at home.

#29 2 years ago

Not seeing how there’s anything close to $4500 of value here. You could easily make your own version for a few hundred.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

less then a grand

That’s the dollar conversion from USA to Canada. Lol.

#31 2 years ago

If your in or near a large city find a reputable sign shop. If not sure call sheet metal workers hiring hall and they can direct you to a shop with skilled labor! Made in America !

2574B014-F6F4-45A0-B4B4-240E92AE7105 (resized).jpeg2574B014-F6F4-45A0-B4B4-240E92AE7105 (resized).jpeg
    #32 2 years ago

Too bad Stern won’t do another run. They could probably sell 10 here, alone. I remember when they came out and someone offered one for sale at $3,400. Most everybody felt it was too much, then. But allow price to rise to $4.5k and suddenly it becomes this year’s must-buy item. I wish the Op luck and hope he finds one, soonish.

#33 2 years ago

#34 2 years ago

Being that you are a pilot, do you fly overseas at all. ?

I understand fully that you can't take the big jet airliner over there just for that, but if in that area ever?

#35 2 years ago

Isn't that illuminated vacuformed plastic?? What the hell makes you guys think you or a local sign shop can make the for a few hundred to a $1000? Ever buy a sign?

Quoted from jgreene:

Not seeing how there’s anything close to $4500 of value here. You could easily make your own version for a few hundred.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Isn't that illuminated vacuformed plastic?? What the hell makes you guys think you or a local sign shop can make the for a few hundred to a $1000? Ever buy a sign?

I said

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

reasonable knockoff

I think a sign shop would cost a fortune for a one-off sign just like that one. But with some skills and cheaper materials I could make something that looks similar from 20 feet away.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Being that you are a pilot, do you fly overseas at all. ?
    I understand fully that you can't take the big jet airliner over there just for that, but if in that area ever?

I haven't flown overseas, only domestic. I would love to grab one or more over there if I had an opportunity though. Where are they?

#38 2 years ago

I think it’s all the node boards in there driving up the price

#39 2 years ago

Anyone know who stern contracted with to make these?

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

I haven't flown overseas, only domestic. I would love to grab one or more over there if I had an opportunity though. Where are they?

Post number 10 had mentioned one.

I did not know you were only flying domestic...

Good luck in the search for the sign...

1 month later
    #41 2 years ago

Happy easter bump...

Had a couple leads on some but logistics prevented the transaction... let's make a deal...!

8 months later
    #42 1 year ago

*Edit*

Fuck it...if Pinside wants to be childish, I'll just keep it or sell privately. I don't have time for this drama.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Going to be taking cash or trade offers on one of these signs starting next week once I have better pictures and details. Shipping is probably not an option due to them being 8' long, but we will see.

So basically it’s a blind auction that only you know what the high bid is? You are a true asset to the Pinside community!

#44 1 year ago

I'd chip in to get it to LTG per this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-new-year-s-resolutions-2023#post-7316039

Quoted from LTG:

Long shot, get one of the big Stern Pinball Alley signs.
    Sorry if this sounds like my 2023 Christmas wish list.
    LTG : )

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

So basically it’s a blind auction that only you know what the high bid is? You are a true asset to Pinside community!

Is no different than selling a machine via a sale/trade listing...there will be an ad with a thread. If someone makes me an offer I like, I'll accept it. If I don't like it...ill keep it. There's no need for drama here.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Is not different than selling a machine via a sale/trade listing...there will be an ad with a thread. If someone makes me an offer I like, I'll accept it. If I don't like it...ill keep it. There's no need for drama here.

If you hadn’t posted “once I have better pictures and details” I would agree with you. Do you currently own/possess the sign?

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

If you hadn’t posted “once I have better pictures and details” I would agree with you. Do you currently own/possess the sign?

Yes, I just won't be able to get to it until next week.

*EDIT* no longer for sale here since Ultimate Gameroom wants to be a troll.

#48 1 year ago

Thank you ! I need one for above my jjp pins.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : And likely Stern pins in the future.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Yes, I just won't be able to get to it until next week.
    *EDIT* no longer for sale here since Ultimate Gameroom wants to be a troll.

#50 1 year ago

I'd take one of these...but I'm still paying off the Stern neon wall clock I bought last year.

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-alley-sign-wanted-paying-good-price/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.