FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 6 years ago

Very exciting news! Stern definitely needs to be more customer friendly and if they do this the customers and Stern both will benefit greatly from it.

#72 6 years ago

If Stern is going to start communicating with us hopefully they will tell us what the next three or four games are going to be.

1 week later
#115 6 years ago

Stern better work on their customer relations and their quality both because JJP has just took the spotlight away from them totally with the new POTC game. If the Pirates game was the same price as say a Stern Premium right now, Stern would be screwed! I’m not bashing on Stern either because I love their games but holy sh*t, JJP just knocked it out of the effing park big time!

2 months later
#261 6 years ago

"Still in line" means......"we haven't started on it yet"

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I would rather wait a month or two and have them do the GB code right. Not rush them to get something out that everyone will complain about.

They aren't being rushed. GB has been out about 2 years I think.

1 month later
#541 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Wow those corner brackets are a joke, he put in effort to fixing it, I would have just spun a nut over it.

Same here, nut and a lock washer.

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that works great. But what if you had to do that to the back leg plates and you transport your game a lot? Pain in the ass.

Then you would probably want to put a new plate in the game, but most people dont transport their games very often so its a non issue for 90% of the people. Even if you did move the game alot though its still not a huge deal imo, just takes a second to pop that nut off the inside of the cabinet.

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

They make them how you spec them. Stern wanted cheap and that is what they got.

Definitely a piss poor corner bracket for sure. Ever who thought that was a good idea should be fired.

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can I call you every time I move my LW3 then? I hate it. Haha.

Absolutely, i would help you out anytime! Maybe i will buy you a new corner bracket for Christmas for your LW3!

#552 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And install them?!? I need 4. Also I’ll drink beer while you do it. Haha

As long as you share your beer we can do it! I kinda figured maybe LW3 would have got bought and went to a new home after the KY show.

1 week later
#569 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wow, Brian Eddy is an aggressive hire. He had a whole other career outside of pinball.
The hiring keeps going, and we know some software guys were brought on recently, and we know Lyman isn't retiring, and there could be more code guys coming in. Either way Stern is showing some optimistic future projections.

I agree totally. Stern has got some serious serious talent on board!

#583 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn Stern put out FOUR sweet games in a year?! Who else is doing anything like that?
And now Eddy is back?!
Thanks for the hype rubberduckie I was starting to feel a little blah about the whole Pinball thing.

No doubt, you buy a game from one of these other companies and you have to wait a year to get your game, and they only make one game per year. Stern makes 3-4 games a year and you can get one delivered to your home as soon as they reveal it pretty much.

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Quantity over quality? The 4 to 1 ratio isn't doing well for the pinheads.

I like my Stern games personally, never had any problems yet.

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I see your point, I should clarify. TWD is an amazing game, but 2014 was a long time ago.

You can still buy TWD, MET, GOT, AS, KISS, AC/DC, GB, BM66, and others so why not add one of those greats to your collection? There are lots of great games to choose from so im not sure why you are complaining? Every game that Stern makes isnt going to be a home run. No other pinball company can match that killer lineup of games and they cant compete with Sterns prices either and thats a fact!

3 months later
#746 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Well I didn’t care much about GOTG because. I don’t like Borg games at all.
I just said I feel bad for Kiss owners for not having decent Kiss code three years after release. I’m not a hater or owner

Damn man you dont like John Borg as a designer, are you serious? He is awesome! Kiss is a good game i think. Im not saying the code is perfect but it’s definitely pretty good.

#769 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've only got the Beatles left on the radar

What about The Munsters and Elvira 3?

#771 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No on Elvira3 and unfortunately it looks like Lonnie is doing Munsters.
Seriously, you can't pay a shit load of $$$ on these HUO games and accept that BS.
Just come out and say this is a "location game only" and code will suck because it doesn't matter.
Stern, if you want to keep selling these 1/2 ass HUO coded pins then be prepared to suffer the consequences down the road.
We aren't F ing idiots. IMDN was done long ago and its great.
But there are plenty of people like me that have had it.
Let me know when Lyman is doing the next game, that's what I'd like to see.

Ugh

3 weeks later
#806 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I’m surprised Stern has not leaked the next title as other than IMDN what game do they have really selling in volume?

I heard GOTG has seen a big surge in sales as of late.

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

That’s good to hear, my wife loved it, but Stern code was TERRIBLE at launch, so will need to go find an updated machine for her to play on Route.

Its not a bad game at all anymore. It definitely was very underwhelming at launch no question about it. Its came a long ways since then. I like IMDN better personally but if your wife likes the theme and it would make her happy, i would definitely give it a look.

#814 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I might buy GOTG Pro next
Or Maiden premium
Shit, maybe both lol

Both good games but man PW, IMDN is just hard to beat. Its a very special game for real.

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'm thinking about getting a Ghostbusters... But, don't know if I should get a pro or a premium... I like the ecto google idea and I think the concept of the magnet slings are really cool... Don't know though...

Pro and premium are both good but the premium on GB is definitely worth the extra coin and the magna slings are fun as hell.

1 week later
#846 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm in the market for a NIB
GOTG or Maiden... or both lol
But I aint buying shit till they deliver on AS
I'd be like one of those women that always take back a cheater if I bought a NIB now.
One day Stern will take us all to the Jerry Springer show & say "I bet you're wondering why I brought you here. Well, I have something to tell you. Remember when I said I was programming, well..."

Both games are good but Maiden all the way PW. You dont want to deprive yourself of IMDN, its amazing.

#858 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

This is why I may buy both lol

Definitely play them both before you buy. Both are good but only one is great imo and remember Munsters is coming at the end of the year and Elvira is coming next year.

3 weeks later
#898 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The layout & gameplay suck. Plus, if the main "toy" is Slimer that that kind of sucks. And a light up marshmallow man....not the best.
EDIT: Oh yeah but the art (besides the backglass) is great so there's that.

Ghostbusters doesnt suck at all. Its actually a brilliant game that just beeds some tweaking to make it play good. I love my Ghostbusters and have no plans of letting it go. It got a bad wrap because of the playfield debacle and then the Tredau legal problems but GB is actually a killer game.

#900 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Some of the "bad wrap" was from people like me that bought it, and thought it was a POS. Trudau's sick ass shit didn't come out till later. Sometimes people like diff'rent things and it's not always and assault on Stern. You should know by now companies don't really factor in that much to me.

You certainly have a right to your opinion, even if it is wrong.

#920 5 years ago

I got the update downloaded onto the USB stick but when i plug the USB stick into the game and turn it on the update wont download. Anyone else having problems?

#942 5 years ago

Most games are sold to collectors not operators so if they want us to keep buying games then it would be smart to give us good coded games. Good code is important to people who buy games for their homes.

#943 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Most games are sold to collectors not operators so if they want us to keep buying games then it would be smart to give us good coded games. Good code is important to people who buy games for their homes.

Oh yeah and we want toys too, and not stupid little bobblehead toys either!

#948 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

In their defense, dumbasses want big bobble head toys.... WITH LEDS now

I just want McFarlane figurines. They are nicer than what came on my IMDN Premium and they really give you that workd under glass feeling. Cool interactive toys as well, bot bobble heads either!

#950 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shhh...we already know.

I was kind of being sarcastic but not totally sarcastic maybe?

#954 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Be absolutely certain there is nothing on the usb stick except for the update file. No folders no other files, nothing.

Yep i finally got it to download but it was weird how i had to do it. Not the same as the other downloads. Alot of people seemed to have problems with this one.

2 weeks later
#1018 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh wait this is just another code whining thread in disguise?
Got it. Carry on.

If anybody knows a lot about ***, it is definitely you! You're the King of ***.

2 months later
#1160 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Official Munsters Announcement!

Dream on TKD!

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

How can ya bitch about that?

Im sure you'll find a way.

5 months later
#1389 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I have some interesting news... the biggest show for the amusement industry (IAAPA) doesn't show Stern as an exhibitor this coming November. JJP has a booth but no Chicago Gaming or Stern that I can see. I wonder if they have given up on trying to promote their products to amusement operators and let their dealers do the work instead.
I think Stern has a serious sales slow down... Beatles did not sell, Deadpool didn't sell, Munsters is a disaster and this Black Knight is a boat anchor.
I think you might see a new direction for Stern, where they pick their titles more carefully, produce fewer new tittes and hopefully put more into the titles they do produce.
If I was Stern I'd probably be thinking going back to a Music pin but that's just me. I'm sure Stern is going to be concerned with JJP doing Guns N Roses. The next title Stern releases needs to be a home run or the wheels might come off.
Personally I think Stern should restructure their pricing, if you're going to put next to nothing into a game like Black Knight the game should be cheaper! With JJP if you love what they do you can almost always buy sight on unseen, with Stern now its like you never know because it appears they sit around and just figure out ways to make the games cheaper... less toys, less effort, less everything.
I'm sorry Black Knight is a very uninspiring game I think its their worst ever. Beatles I think is fun but c'mon its a copy of another game. Deadpool wasn't based on the movie which was a bummer. Munsters was bigger than Adams Family ever was on TV, why not try to make that game better than Adams Family? Why didn't you go all out to try and create the next Adams Family pinball?
These designers at Stern just don't seem to have anymore imagination. They need to look for some new blood.

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

People aren't buying that game now that they see pros have dropped as low as 4k used, and LE a buddy of mine bought one for $6800

I will buy all the 4K Munsters Pros and all of the 6800 dollar Munsters LE’s out there. Please point me in the right direction and im a buyer on every one of them.

4 weeks later
#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well we'll see how you feel when they cut and paste this one for the next 6 months.

Exactly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.95
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.