Topic Stats

• 1,345 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Sinestro
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 59 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

got-any-more-of-that-code (resized).jpg
20181118_142949 (resized).jpg
20181208_170550 (resized).jpg
20180812_131424 (resized).jpg
20180803_123927 (resized).jpg
20190305_154014 (resized).jpg
2tm4en (resized).jpg
2tm3ut (resized).jpg
9CECB14E-F392-4EF1-824F-B5F71BADD810.gif
9D583B20-FEAA-4851-8F5E-9BD607220F03 (resized).jpeg
PUZZEL (resized).jpg
A934C00D-F0E3-45B2-877A-E423B9425FF6 (resized).png
Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
sw topper (resized).png
2018-09-18 15_24_32-whatcha talking about willis meme - Bing images - Internet Explorer (resized).png
540px-Rosetta_Stone (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 1 year ago

Something so simple but I already like Stern more than I did an hour ago

Just knowing that KISS is getting a final update and not forever wondering about rumors has made my day

1 week later
#135 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe they can get away with not updating code or quality on a pro pin. By comparison, its a great value on certain pins.
But when you peddle LE's, especially 30th anniversary $$ grabs, you better deliver BIG TIME on both quality and code.
I don't think it has sunk in yet with Stern. I suspect after POTC it will.
I'm not saying they can't come back because apparently GOTG is "packed" and "different" but i just spent my GOTG $$ on a POTC CE.
A poke in the eye not getting us the BM66 code while its on the machines at Expo. Wtf

And yet we all want Stern to succeed as they make great games. They just aren't helping themselves right now.

I happen to love my KISS pro - such a fun game. But, I am left hoping it gets the final update it deserves, rather than a quick bug fix.

I remain interested in GOTG and Iron Maiden but more than likely to sit them out and wait for finished code BEFORE buying

2 weeks later
#168 1 year ago

So, we must be due the November monthly update soon?

Are the code updates for KISS, AS and GB any closer?

#171 1 year ago

I thought these updates were going to be monthly?

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They did one in October - they have until the end of November to keep “monthly” a thing, right? Or did they say they’d do it on the first Monday of the month or something?

Could be right.

I was thinking every 30 days but calendar month would mean anytime in November.

4 weeks later
#221 1 year ago

Another address today hopefully - curious on the latest code status.

#227 1 year ago

Looking forward to the final KISS update

And very curious what code surprises there may be in the future?

1 month later
#237 1 year ago

Not sure but it is today.

Lets hope for good news.

#271 1 year ago

Or a lovely phrase like ' Champion awards ' will be added in the KISS final update

4 weeks later
#288 1 year ago

Today is the day!

KISS news please??

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"KISS is still in line for a final code update by the end of the century".
"Ghostbusters is still in line for a final code update pending the release of a 3rd movie".
Lol. Hoping for some good news today.

Which century?

#326 1 year ago

It is good news that they have hired more people to code games.

I just hope they make good on their promises on KISS, AS and GB in that they are all decent updates.

I really want to buy Iron Maiden and the only thing stopping me will be the code - everything else should be good enough.

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Still no final AC/DC code.... that s*cks.
No question, the code is great at the momentary state, but still incomplete (cannon inserts) and there are so many poissible improvements ( lower playfield in conjunctiosn with upper playfield for example) that it would be a shame do not release another update.
But what is most confusing to me: if "I" would release a vault edition of a game, i would do a huge code improvement for sur, because so, the owners of the "original" machines would NOT sell theirs and new customers come in.
Well, maybe thats "german" thinking.

It sure would help sales of AC/DC vault to release a final update.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hear you, and yet, we have the answer, from the programmer, and it is what it is. The game is fine, it takes away from the real complaints about legit issues to try and make this about ACDC somehow not being done. It's never going to get another update, it's finished, that's that. Gotta just move on at this point, be happy with what it is. Or sell it, someone buy mine, the cannon inserts are useless, but the rest works!

Never say never.

It could yet be a shock update

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hear you, and yet, we have the answer, from the programmer, and it is what it is. The game is fine, it takes away from the real complaints about legit issues to try and make this about ACDC somehow not being done. It's never going to get another update, it's finished, that's that. Gotta just move on at this point, be happy with what it is. Or sell it, someone buy mine, the cannon inserts are useless, but the rest works!

And you were saying........

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I realize you are not a Wizard. Yes, Lyman messed you over a bit.
But when you speak in such finality like things are gospel, people are likely to bring it up when the opposite happens.
Just human nature.
Continue on soldier.

I think that is the point - no one really knows.

Stern are adapting to changes in the marketplace as competition is fiercer than it has ever been so great code has now become essential to their business model.

I want an Iron Maiden but code is the number 1 feature that has to be good or I am not a buyer.

Lyman may have said he wasn't doing cannon modes but it doesn't make one of the best ever games look complete when these aren't coded.

Seems like he is still working on the code and really something, anything is better than nothing.

Cannon volley could be as simple as scoring big points for ricochet shots for example.

Anyway, it ain't over until it's over and it doesn't seem over yet

#414 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Whatever floats your boat. I prefer to play the game and have a blast doing it. Not once have I thought about those inserts.

The game is a total blast for sure.

But, by definition it isn't finished if there are unused inserts on a playfield.

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm afraid you do not get to define when a stern game has complete code other then for yourself.

Sorry, but if there are inserts on a playfield not programmed to do anything, then game isn't 100% finished!

It may of course be complete according to Stern.......

#418 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Go ahead and sand off the text of those inserts. That work for you?

Not sure why you are being defensive?

I am just stating an obvious fact.

I still think the game is awesome.

2 weeks later
#446 1 year ago

Let's hope for some good news!!

#478 1 year ago

Wow, mid Summer for KISS.

I don't mind waiting extra long IF it is a nice update, not just a few bug fixes.....

#505 1 year ago

JJP games might be way more advanced but Stern games are just way more fun to play.

#508 1 year ago

I know DI is popular but I agree with Elwin's latest interview that games have got too complex, deep, so only the best players have half a chance of finishing them.

He says 30 minutes maximum to complete a game. Another reason I am looking forward to Maiden

But, a lot of people like these epically deep rulesets so that is cool but they are just not for me.

3 weeks later
#621 1 year ago

Another Maiden stream for sure!

4 weeks later
#670 1 year ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Another let down... Same copy and paste as always...
Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to bug.report@sternpinball.com:
Star Wars – We are in the final phase of testing the latest code and while we weren’t able to release it by end of last month as we hoped, we aim to release it very soon.
Guardians of the Galaxy – We hope you have been enjoying all of the revamped and substjantial code updates released last month! We are continually working to make this game even more fun as we get closer to 1.0.
Batman ’66 – Another great update was released last month and we are working towards another update later this month!
With the added resources to our software department, we continue to address updates, enhancements, and bug fixes while adding various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, and KISS. We expect these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time.
The whole article http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-may-2018

All will be forgiven and forgotten IF the updates are good!

1 month later
#677 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Today's the day for the June update, nothing yet.

KISS, KISS, KISS

4 weeks later
#714 10 months ago

So, we are in Summer now - AS and KISS coming soon?!

May find out more today.

#716 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh, Stern didn't mean this summer for GB, AS, and KISS code. One summer we will get these. Just joking, lol. Hopefully we will hear something tomorrow about code being actively worked on for these games. Looking forward to new GB code.

Why tomorrow? First Tuesday of the month? !

#732 10 months ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I don't even care about Kiss, but I feel bad for the owners of it. Because I know how it feels if one of your beloved games simply plays like beta due to the lack of complete code. Ghostbusters is one of my favorites, but out of all my games it is the worst in terms of code.
Stern now has 5 or 6 code people hired. Everyone of them should finish up his dedicaded project(game) before starting with a new game. So there is no chance of missing something and creating long waits and frustrated owners

KISS is a great game as it is.

But, it does need a lot of polish.

I am reasonably happy in that AS and KISS have the same base code, so the KISS update should benefit from the AS update.

And they have now said it is after AS, so not long to wait. I would be very disappointed if it's not a decent update after all this time though.

#756 10 months ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I don’t understand why everyone is upset. Not everyone has to like every game from every designer.
I love my Ghostbusters. THE GAME everyone is shouting at.

I love KISS so much I sold my pro and bought an LE!

But, I can see how much better it could be with the final polish so just glad it is 100% happening.

#788 10 months ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I see people desperate for Kiss updates, but no one ever goes into detail. What specifically is missing from the game? What needs to be changed? The only thing I’m aware of is the Deuce bug where it gives you credit for unlit shots.
I’d love to hear some details from someone who owns the game as to where the code comes up short, and what it would take to make it acceptable.

So, as vireland says, the cities do something, although it would be better they did more. Doubt this will happen.

It needs polish in that there are places where there are just no callouts i.e Kiss Army - needs jackpot call outs.

Animations could be made sharper and there are a ton of unused callouts, so adding more would be great.

Champion awards for Kiss Army, Heavens on Fire, Rock City, Love Gun, Demon.

I think the game would be more fun if the song multiplier default setting was 1 song, instead of 2. This can be adjusted though. At the moment only a very decent tournament player is going to get the Colossal bonus ( 10x ).

There is a separate thread on the various bugs.

And yes Rock City is unfinished...... and super hard to get to. 12 instruments is super hard for default.

Songs could be a bit more balanced in that it always makes sense to start with Deuce or Lick it Up. Give some incentives to start with other songs by making them higher scoring. Black Diamond doesn't get played a lot.

Yes, the game is super fun to play now but with polish, this game could be so much better

3 weeks later
#802 9 months ago

Only 4 weeks of Summer left!

1 week later
#827 9 months ago

I guess Deadpool will be in today's address!

Wonder if AS and KISS will be featured?

#833 9 months ago

So AS by end of September.

Which means KISS by Xmas.

Man, the KISS update better be worth the wait!

#836 9 months ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

shapeshifter
So Kiss as X-MAS present.
Which means Ghostbusters won't be here before January 9th. So it took them exactly 2 years...
I just hope they dont take "final" GB update to serious. One update won't fix it all.

Well, we have all waited so long that you would hope all these updates will be worth the wait.

Great updates and the wait will soon be forgotten.

4 weeks later
#873 8 months ago

Will there be a BOOM today?!

#960 8 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

You're right. Stern is doing a much, much better job lately.
But... Stern sold incomplete games & dragged their feet for way too long so although errbody is grateful for the communication & new hires there's years of frustration amplifying the emotion of GB, KISS & etc owners.

Agree.

However the fact they have said they are working on KISS and other games has been enough for me to continue buying Stern games.

Waited so long for KISS, so as long as it is a great update, I don't mind too much now.

2 weeks later
#988 7 months ago

Expecting to hear KISS is in the testing phase.

Hoping after a stupidly long wait that the final update is worth waiting for.

I will run naked around the garden if the cities do something extra

Seriously, a nice update, polish, new call out's, more balanced song scoring etc will be great.

#991 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man you guys study these things like they are the Rosetta Stone!

With prices rising like they are, we need to

I am consulting the stone now......

540px-Rosetta_Stone (resized).JPG
#998 7 months ago

Nothing wrong with whining.

If you accept the status quo, nothing will ever change.

Stern have been way better with code as of late, so many more reasons to be hopeful that these updates will be good.

#1039 7 months ago

Weird to be offline this long.

Their FB page is down as well.

#1052 7 months ago

Must be some KISS news

Played today and wow, reminded me how more polish is so needed - just so few call outs on Kiss Army MB.

Fingers crossed!

#1061 7 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

My prediction...
Code updates in progress for Kiss , GB, etc.
Absolutely nothing new to report.

SW topper news?

#1101 7 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

No mention of fixing the ACDC oi Mania bugs ... fixing existing bugs should be a high priority.

Haven'y yet updated as waiting for this to be fixed!

Was hoping for a mini-wizard mode as well

1 month later
#1140 6 months ago

So.......

#1144 6 months ago

Or....

Just to save time...
November 2018 - Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to bug.report@sternpinball.com:
Deadpool – Work continues on this month’s release.
Batman ’66 – v0.99.0 code was released last week. Look for the next update soon.
KISS code update is currently in final testing and tweaking. This is a truly massive update and you will all be super happy.
Ghostbusters code update is delayed, but remains a priority in our schedule after the KISS release.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time.
If you would like to join our mailing list for all code updates for any of our games, please send an e-mail to Code.Updates@sternpinball.com to sign up.

#1147 6 months ago

Hoping this means oi mania gets fixed soon plus a few extras on the AC/DC code. Last run of AC/DC.

Final Encore:

The final encore is here for this legendary trio of rock and roll games from Stern Pinball. To help celebrate this milestone, all final production games of AC/DC Pro, Aerosmith Pro and Metallica Pro will include a commemorative collectible flyer signed by the lead designer (Steve Ritchie and John Borg) and programmer (Lyman Sheats and Lonnie Ropp)!

2 months later
#1245 4 months ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Yes, the pro is rather bare but on the other versions that hyperdrive is one of the best toys in pinball. If you can get more than one ball in there it's a massive adrenaline hit: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-adrenaline-rush-in-pinball
Back to the latest Stern of the Union Address ... it is very disappointing we still have no major GB code update well after a year from the first tease that it would be coming soon.

We had to wait ages for the KISS update but it was worth the wait, so guessing it will be the same with GB.

Just takes time.

Got that unexpected AC/DC update which was great but unfortunately oi mania was broken and that hasn't been fixed yet.

That said, Stern have been so much better with coding so hopefully the fix will appear this year as well.

3 weeks later
#1259 3 months ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Coming since OCT 2017. Longest climax ever...

KISS was pretty long!

But, worth the wait!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Upper Marlboro, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chippewa, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 92.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 11.95
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Wanted
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside